IGNORED

Bournemouth Ffp

wayne allisons tongues

26 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Just seen on sky sports news they are in negotiations with football league after breaking Ffp rules.

Why are we sticking to the rules when it appears when you break them there isn't a real penalty. Are these rules really worth anything now.

They cheated but because they are "little old Bournemouth" we are told by the media to love them.

Dock them twenty points and make them give their Sky money back (QPR, too).

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35174477

We could face a transfer embargo for the rest of the season

Unless you get promoted and premier league money will cover the fine or do a QPR and refuse to pay/write it off.

Surely a better deterant is a points deduction and if you go up, gets carried over till you go down.

43 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Yep, Prem clubs are pretty much untouchable as we found out when West Ham cheated last season.

I have a feeling that the "Football League" have little to no jurisdiction over Prem Clubs. In theory Bournemouth can tell them to do one (as QPR have done). Only goes a bit pear shaped if/when relegated as QPR were which is why QPR are challenging the rules. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35174477

We could face a transfer embargo for the rest of the season

That would be in a year's time. The rules are different in L1 (wage cap) and we conformed so we're OK for this season. However when this season's accounts are published in a year or so we could be in trouble, as we've almost certainly lost more than £6m this season.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

So one rule for the Champ clubs (embargo) and just a fine for a Prem club.

The FL and Premier League are different entities. I always thought that the FL could not enforce punishment over a Premier League club as they are no longer under their control. So kinda yeah, but not necessarily at the FL's fault. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

The FL and Premier League are different entities. I always thought that the FL could not enforce punishment over a Premier League club as they are no longer under their control. So kinda yeah, but not necessarily at the FL's fault. 

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I have a feeling that the "Football League" have little to no jurisdiction over Prem Clubs. In theory Bournemouth can tell them to do one (as QPR have done). Only goes a bit pear shaped if/when relegated as QPR were which is why QPR are challenging the rules. 

Worked that one out 29AR (see above).

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

That would be in a year's time. The rules are different in L1 (wage cap) and we conformed so we're OK for this season. However when this season's accounts are published in a year or so we could be in trouble, as we've almost certainly lost more than £6m this season.

I've got no idea what will happen next year, I'm just pointing out that three Championship clubs are facing a transfer embargo and we (or any club) could face the same if we flout FFP. 

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Weren't forest already under an embargo, so surely should be punished differently for breaking rules 2 seasons in a row.

If they continue to fail to meet FFP regulations, the inability to sign players will be a big punishment overtime when they can only make free transfers and loans. 

Think this means we can rule out a move for any player from these clubs in Jan as they'll hardly be willing to let people leave.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

If they continue to fail to meet FFP regulations, the inability to sign players will be a big punishment overtime when they can only make free transfers and loans. 

Think this means we can rule out a move for any player from these clubs in Jan as they'll hardly be willing to let people leave.

But they still didn't meet the rules with the embargo, so failed it again. So basically fail the rules each year with just a transfer penalty (still can sign players within the rules) and not really be punished. Points deduction will stop them I think from continually breaking the rules.

The problem with financial fair play, simple.

It allows existing infrastructures and clubs in football a greater chance of domination for the success that club has had, I.e Man City, set for the next 50 years with the academy and wage structure, while other clubs cannot have a luxury owner now and must get to the Premier League with inferior spending and infrastructure. 

Don't think ffp is the problem. It's the parachute payments. Bouremouth doesn't care if they broke a few rules because they're in the prem now. They're getting a lot of money for the next 5 years and if they go back down are very well off to deal with sanctions. There shouldn't be parachute payments. Why reward teams who weren't good enough? 

Ffp is there for good reason and we missed our window to exploit the time before it. The penalties should be more fierce however. Transfer embargo, points deduction then heavy fines. 1 year embargo, 2nd infraction 1 year and points deduction then 3rd all three. After they comply put them on 5 year probation. 1 slip up means all three again. After the 5 years of probation they can start fresh. And don't make it like a 1 point deduction. Make it 10 points or so. Make them sweat. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Just seen on SSN that Millwall have broken FFP regulations, but will not be punished.

Didn't say why not, but if any club does in future get punished, they could surely successfully appeal?

I think the reason was that because they were relegated they gained no advantage from breaking the rules. Therefore no further punishment was considered necessary.

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

But they still didn't meet the rules with the embargo, so failed it again. So basically fail the rules each year with just a transfer penalty (still can sign players within the rules) and not really be punished. Points deduction will stop them I think from continually breaking the rules.

But they can't sign players for a fee, a club won't progress in the championship and will slip out of the league if all they can do is free transfers and loan players, which will also mean players likely won't want to join them.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Just seen on SSN that Millwall have broken FFP regulations, but will not be punished.

Didn't say why not, but if any club does in future get punished, they could surely successfully appeal?

Think it has to do with them being relegated, in effect the cost of the relegation and the financial implications of it are equal punishment to what they would have received.

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Haven't Bournemouth just signed Iturbe on loan from Roma with a £16m transfer agreed for the summer?  Seems like they don't care about FFP!

Everyone have been singing their praises about how well they have done and the way they have done it. Not so clean after all!!!

Given how likely it seems QPR will at least have their fine reduced (supposedly from £56m to under £10m) it would be worth Bournemouth splashing to attempt to stay in the premier league if all they will receive is basically a slap on the wrist with a fine under £10m.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Haven't Bournemouth just signed Iturbe on loan from Roma with a £16m transfer agreed for the summer?  Seems like they don't care about FFP!

Everyone have been singing their praises about how well they have done and the way they have done it. Not so clean after all!!!

Not everyone, I for one ,detest the little shits !

Archived