IGNORED

Wilson Comment.

screech

DW made a comment that he expected the team to be booed off yesterday had the team only got a draw and not a late winner, sounds like he is irritated about the fans expectations for this club.

I would have thought that he would have got to grips with our supporters expectation, some expect to win every game and these are usually the more vocal ones in the crowd, others take stock of what's happened in the game and their feelings reflect the performance dished up, he must know that the majority of us wont want another season in this division, nor does he, that is why fans get annoyed with the team when they fail to win, because, for as long as i can remember we have had our heads filled with comments of how this club shouldn't be languishing in the lower divisions, if this is supposed to be true, it's about time something was done about it.

So this brings me to the following points, do you think Wilson is influenced by what is said on this forum for example regarding team selection, and is he swayed by comments in the media or is it all too much of a coincidence, is DW really aware of the level of expectation surrounding this club, for some, watching City in the old first division is still very fresh in their memory, if you think he does listen to fans views, do you think it's right that he does, would he be better off blanking out these comments and going his own way completely when it comes to formations/player selection etc.

Wilson is an experienced manager and has had highs and lows during his managerial career.He's well aware of how fickle fans are and he's right to say that had City drawn yesterday then the moaners would have booed the players off.

This forum would also been a hot bed of crtism with more ridiculous shouts for Wilson's head and for loan players to brought in.

Fans are impatient and don't always see the whole picture of 46 games.

As often happens, Danny has misread the mood of the fans. Yesterdays result was excellent and even if Miller hadn't come up trumps at the death, it would still have ben a satisfactory performance and a draw against Barnsley, who were 2nd in the table, would not have been regarded as a boo-able result, just a disappointment, especially after taking the lead.

I certainly don't think that the boo-boys were getting ready before the last-minute goal. Its the way we drew against Peterborough and Luton, teams that we should really not be dropping points to at home, that get fans angry - I would also add that City fans are more likely to give the team the bird because of the performance and attitude of the players, rather than the result.

People accept that we won't win every home game, but when the team turn in a lacklustre display against basically poor opposition, we quite rightly let the team and management know what we think.

Theres No way that DW reads this forum....he doesn't have time.....Its possible that backroom staff scour it every now and then to see some of the comments, but this forum, and our ideas will not influence his team selection or decisions in any way, shape or form. And why should it? He has experience in different divisions and what do we have experience of, honestly? Not as much as him.

I certainly don't think that the boo-boys were getting ready before the last-minute goal. Its the way we drew against Peterborough and Luton, teams that we should really not be dropping points to at home, that get fans angry - I would also add that City fans are more likely to give the team the bird because of the performance and attitude of the players, rather than the result.

People accept that we won't win every home game, but when the team turn in a lacklustre display against basically poor opposition, we quite rightly let the team and management know what we think.

Absolutely right!

However, there are some who would not seen that performance as a fair hard won point in the 89th minute. I like to think that that small minority would have been drowned out by those of us clapping the team off for a much improved performance against a high flying team.

Archived