IGNORED

First game at AG for 2 years

Eco

Good morning, haven't seen the mighty Reds since 23.11.13, Sheff Utd 0-1, but managed a ticket in Atyeo for today. 

Obviously I'm excited by seeing the developments, both on and off the pitch, but most crucial question is, as I believe the old Hirerite building has ceased to exist, has a new bike park been built ?

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

My God you are going to be literally blown away by the transformation of the Gate...

Even I get "blown away" by how much AG is changing. The South Stand is terrific and the unfinished West Stand is enormous. No more shielding yer eyes from the setting sun in the Dolman....

Its all very impressive. 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Even I get "blown away" by how much AG is changing. The South Stand is terrific and the unfinished West Stand is enormous. No more shielding yer eyes from the setting sun in the Dolman....

Its all very impressive. 

You're quite right, the size of the new stand is truly incredible.  I cannot wait to sit in the highest possible seat available and feel like a God sat in the heavens!  That will be a strange experience to say the least, to be able to look down upon the Dolman stand.

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Its all very impressive. 

I never thought of that! The 'Dolman salute' will be lost forevermore. 

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Its all very impressive. 

Ive found it difficult to get down to Bristol much this season (life just sometimes gets in the way) so have had to settle mostly for away games. However I did make it down for the first time since August for the qpr game... Walking down from the lions all I kept saying was "******* hell.... That is massive/impressive/incredible " as I was so taken aback by it that I couldn't come up with anything more constructive to say!

It was usually followed by me saying "that's what she said" and giggling to myself...

57 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

And I shan't be there because of the bloody in-laws :grr: 

Why does that stop you, in-laws aren't your relatives?  Man up and leave your wife to some quality time with her parents. Win win. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Why does that stop you, in-laws aren't your relatives?  Man up and leave your wife to some quality time with her parents. Win win. 

Good advice that. I believe the doghouse is quite comfortable these days :)

PS There's nephews and nieces as well :(

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

My God you are going to be literally blown away by the transformation of the Gate...

Aye. it's changed a bit in 2 years! 

Now the truss is up, from my seat at the back of the SS / Dolman corner, the West stand looks truly awesome.

Enjoy Eco.

10 hours ago, Eco said:

Bit unfair M, thought we played really well and dominated the game, it was criminal that Charlton got a point.

@Eco So did I. Absolutely battered them and deserved to win, cruel this football game. I meant more a lucky escape from walking away which felt very much like a loss, we may as well been battered 4-0 again for how I felt. Contrast that to the QPR game when the draw felt very much like a win.

On 26/12/2015 at 11:03, cider-manc said:

Ive found it difficult to get down to Bristol much this season (life just sometimes gets in the way) so have had to settle mostly for away games. However I did make it down for the first time since August for the qpr game... Walking down from the lions all I kept saying was "******* hell.... That is massive/impressive/incredible " as I was so taken aback by it that I couldn't come up with anything more constructive to say!

It was usually followed by me saying "that's what she said" and giggling to myself...

Said the actress to the Bishop...............

23 hours ago, Palmers Green Red said:

Ditto on this one and our seats will be empty for the first time this year :sad26: ... only difference is if I tried to go to the game I would be out in the Shed with the rabbits!!!

I got to the game yesterday....think I have carrots for dinner tonight..................

Archived