IGNORED

Drum in the atyeo.

rjt87

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I stand well a truly corrected. However if we detour back to the domestic game, then I think my point still stands.I can't remember the last time AG stood loud and proud after conceding a goal or losing. Feel free to put me in my place again though. 

Last time I can remember may have been West Ham. I think our problem has been that we *expect* to win in league 1 and have many believe we've underachieved this season.

Theres a stat that shows us in the top 10 most successful teams in terms of points for the last 20 years - we may even be top 5. I guess that's because we've largely been competitive/playoffs in league 1 with the occasional relegation so consistently done ok. Maybe this breeds a bit of complacency in our support which in turn leads to apathy/moans and boos when we're not doing well.

When we got to the playoffs under GJ I remember AG being much more hostile. Warnock, Phil Brown etc all commented on it at the time, that's because we were overachieving and I feel there was more togetherness at the club.

There were some great atmospheres in that playoff season, Palace playoff, QPR opening day, Hull and Norwich at home.. Good days. 

If we were premier league and fighting relegation, AG would be very noisy I'm sure of it. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Last time I can remember may have been West Ham. I think our problem has been that we *expect* to win in league 1 and have many believe we've underachieved this season.

Theres a stat that shows us in the top 10 most successful teams in terms of points for the last 20 years - we may even be top 5. I guess that's because we've largely been competitive/playoffs in league 1 with the occasional relegation so consistently done ok. Maybe this breeds a bit of complacency in our support which in turn leads to apathy/moans and boos when we're not doing well.

When we got to the playoffs under GJ I remember AG being much more hostile. Warnock, Phil Brown etc all commented on it at the time, that's because we were overachieving and I feel there was more togetherness at the club.

There were some great atmospheres in that playoff season, Palace playoff, QPR opening day, Hull and Norwich at home.. Good days. 

If we were premier league and fighting relegation, AG would be very noisy I'm sure of it. 

Which I believe underlies the problem. The atmosphere under GJ was good because we were winning. We need to find a way to build AG up without the players needing to perform well, hence, imo a drum would help. However it must be played well by someone who is not pissed up.

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Which I believe underlies the problem. The atmosphere under GJ was good because we were winning. We need to find a way to build AG up without the players needing to perform well, hence, imo a drum would help. However it must be played well by someone who is not pissed up.

I remember a chap who had a go on the drum in the EE vs Rotherham when we were promoted, he was genuinely skilled and whipped the crowd right up. Didn't play it constantly but it really aided the atmosphere, he needs to come back!

9 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Might as well be doing we love you Harry. Everywhere we go = shit referee seven nation armies sloop b John to everything even Aden flint is jamie vardy at another club.

Most songs are not unique. I agree, I hate that most things revolve around sloop, seven nation or guantanamero, it's quite tiresome. But that 'We love you' dirge is just too much and I refuse to sing it. I hope it doesn't catch on here. 

We are a bit different though and have a lot of songs that are unique to us. Drink up, Blackbird, Cider Drinker etc all get outings regularly. There's not much more out there that is unique to any club, lots of songs are very generic these days. We probably have more than most. 

On 26 December 2015 at 22:23, Kenn Loyal said:

Why would anyone in there right mind want to take a drum to a football match FFS if your desperate to bang a drum and make a noise join a f===ing band

Maybe a section of the ground for people who have an incessant desire to play an instrument.....could end up with an orchestral accompaniment to the game !

On 12/26/2015 at 22:23, Kenn Loyal said:

Why would anyone in there right mind want to take a drum to a football match FFS if your desperate to bang a drum and make a noise join a f===ing band

The people behind the idea in your avatars did because going to football and making a noise was a large part of what it was about. An opinion is that the now emmigrated original post 2007 Eastend drummer was very good at what he did. And a shared opinion was that that those who followed were enthusiastic but not as effective. Drum in the Atyeo? Up to them really.

Archived