IGNORED

In one week's time..

GrahamC

The loans of Elliott Bennett, Luke Moore and Simon Cox are all up.

I think it is certain that Cox will go back to Reading, highly likely Moore will return to Leicester and although I expect we'd like to keep Bennett, either permanently or on another loan, he might not choose to stay, meaning that unless we pull our finger out we'll then struggle to have a full subs bench.

We are paying every week at the moment for the summer's shambles so let's just hope that we are more organised this time...

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can't see Moore coming back and what Cox is still doing here I don't know! 

Bennett will be a big loss if there's no scope for a permanent deal to be done in Jan. 

While Bennett is very good, what has Mark Little done wrong? 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

you know what I mean smart arse!! Feel worse today than I did yesterday. Just angry today, we shouldn't be I this position

Being angry doesn't mean you should sensationalise it. We are in the relegation zone, that's not good, no one here will argue that, but with half a season left, the january transfer window opening in a few days and only goal difference separating us from safety it is far from the end of the world.

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

Being angry doesn't mean you should sensationalise it. We are in the relegation zone, that's not good, no one here will argue that, but with half a season left, the january transfer window opening in a few days and only goal difference separating us from safety it is far from the end of the world.

BUT!   It certainly isn't anything to be optimistic about, especially with several hard games to come and as was said a very sparse bench.  Still perhaps Burns and Reid will get a chance to play, but I am not expecting any points from our next two games and in fact if we manage to get 1 point, I will be surprised.   Please City, prove me wrong!

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

BUT!   It certainly isn't anything to be optimistic about, especially with several hard games to come and as was said a very sparse bench.  Still perhaps Burns and Reid will get a chance to play, but I am not expecting any points from our next two games and in fact if we manage to get 1 point, I will be surprised.   Please City, prove me wrong!

Who is being optimistic? I am looking at facts and forming a realist opinion. I haven't said things are looking good for us in any way. Just that we are not "doomed" as Spoons asserted, and we are currently far from doomed.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bennett will be a big loss if there's no scope for a permanent deal to be done in Jan. 

Personally I'm not sure what Bennett brings to the party, not a goal threat, rarely beats his man and just seems to drift out the game too much for my liking.

12 minutes ago, redfred said:

Bit of a disciplinary problem with Little and I'm guessing that if our squad wasn't so threadbare that he night have gone or been banished completely.

Fair enough. Before his injury, I thought he was decent TBH. Funny how people see games differently. Players split opinion a la Freeman / Pack / Wilbs. 

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nothing really (that I know of, anyway!) but I think Bennett's certainly the better rounded player of the two.

I don't doubt that B86, I just wondered as he was a very good and important player for us before his injury.

2 hours ago, redfred said:

Bit of a disciplinary problem with Little and I'm guessing that if our squad wasn't so threadbare that he night have gone or been banished completely.

Where has this come from?

Little suffered a very serious injury and I don't think he has fully recovered from that, or indeed may never fully recover.

2 hours ago, ciderup said:

While Bennett is very good, what has Mark Little done wrong? 

I wonder whether Bennett could play as one of the three, with Korey and Marlon...to allow Litts to come back in?  Wasn't there yesterday, hence why I've not posted a view...but do think Luke F might need a game off.  I think a flatter three away from home might nullify the Burnley midfield.  Their regular midfield four of Barton, Jones (central) and Boyd and Arfield (wide) aren't the quickest, but they do keep the ball well.  Marney played yesterday v Hull instead of Jones.

They have also only won one in their last eight!

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Go and get Conor Hourihane as competition for LF. Add Harley Dean from Brentford and I think the midfield would be getting there.

Only ever seen tv highlights of him at League One level, but sweet left peg.  Worth taking a punt on I accept, but will he prove better than another left footer who excelled at League One level?

Harley Dean - not the right type of player for me, errors in his game and a bit of an ar$e so I've read on Brentford forums!  They don't like him!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Only ever seen tv highlights of him at League One level, but sweet left peg.  Worth taking a punt on I accept, but will he prove better than another left footer who excelled at League One level?

Maybe not, who knows? I`d like to think, if we are going down the league 1 signings route as SL implied, he`s the calibre we`d be looking at though.

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I hope there is. I seriously rate him (and so do the Norwich supporters whom I know).

Archived