IGNORED

In one week's time..

GrahamC

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Bennett is better than Little.  Little has done nothing wrong per se, but isn't really Championship standard I'd say..

Well I suppose if Bennett goes and Little comes back into the side he will be about the same standard as the rest of the first team then. Maybe that will settle the boys down a bit and we might start picking up better results.. there might be a method to that madness somewhere!

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Go and get Conor Hourihane as competition for LF. Add Harley Dean from Brentford and I think the midfield would be getting there.

I'd rather see a CDM coming in, releasing Korey to go forward a bit more. A bit of experience that could just sit in front of the back 3, see potential dangers and organise from there. A bit like Tins did in his latter years.

Darren Pratley is the type of player i would like to see or the fella we had on loan who's now at Bolton.

Bennett has been solid, and without a replacement (presuming he's here to compete with Mark Little, so we'd have both) being brought in, we really need him to stay for longer, ideally the season.

Cox; what's to say?  He's been a literally benchwarmer, and we'd be crazy to waste anymore of the wage budget on him extending his loan, unless we suddenly decide to start using him.  I'd say send him back now, being he'll be useless after tomorrow, when I doubt he'll do more than sit on the bench.

As for Moore; seems to be behind Williams in the centre back pecking order, so really you have to question us keeping him here on presumably good wages when he has played so little.

In the case of Bennett, we either need him for longer or a replacement, but with the others; unless we intend to have them seriously compete for starting places, we should be saving the wages and send them home.

37 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I'd rather see a CDM coming in, releasing Korey to go forward a bit more. A bit of experience that could just sit in front of the back 3, see potential dangers and organise from there. A bit like Tins did in his latter years.

Darren Pratley is the type of player i would like to see or the fella we had on loan who's now at Bolton.

True but Harley Dean can play there hence we should try and get both.

Neil Danns is the player you`re thinking of.

I wonder how attractive we actually are for loan players. The reason I ask this is because we currently have two players in Moore and Robinson from premiership teams who can't get into a struggling championship team, and also cox who has championship experience. I sure these players have egos and whether they may have negative views towards players joining us, if ever asked. Not saying they do or would but certainly something to be considered ?

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

True but Harley Dean can play there hence we should try and get both.

Neil Danns is the player you`re thinking of.

Thanks RRH, that's the bloke. 

On Harley Dean, I've always thought he was a centre half rather than a midfielder. I didn't know he could play as CDM but I see he's OOC in the summer. When I've seen him on the tele, he's always looked decent but I don't remember him from the game at the Gate earlier this season.

45 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Pratley is a good suggestion, wouldn't complain with him. Leon Britton or Sidwell would be my preferences, Sidwell shades it for me as he's bigger. Been told he can leave Stoke and would perform that role really well.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pratley is a good suggestion, wouldn't complain with him. Leon Britton or Sidwell would be my preferences, Sidwell shades it for me as he's bigger. Been told he can leave Stoke and would perform that role really well.

On big money I should think PF. He's gone for a fair few quid over the years but would be ideal if we could afford him.

Just looked it up, £20K a week according to this...

http://sportspayroll.com/steve-sidwell-salary-stoke-city/

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sidwell would be an excellent addition and if available . A short term deal until the end of the season with a healthy bonus if we stay up may tempt him and similar experienced players?

9 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Thanks RRH, that's the bloke. 

On Harley Dean, I've always thought he was a centre half rather than a midfielder. I didn't know he could play as CDM but I see he's OOC in the summer. When I've seen him on the tele, he's always looked decent but I don't remember him from the game at the Gate earlier this season.

He was the bloke who nearly had his head kicked off by Freeman.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Have we still got the LDV Van available? I am sure someone will be happy to drive it across to the continent and bring back half a dozen Ligue 2 players on season long loans. If only life were that simple.

Built by Leyland, doubt it made the journey from Wembley back to Bristol, probably rotted away in a lay by on the M4 somewhere near  Swindon. 

Unfortunately we're not an attractive proposition so we will have to throw money at anyone even contemplating coming to us, i expect a few journeyman and Young uns to come in, no player in his prime would consider us and we wouldn't pay top dollar anyway, so it'll be interesting to see in Jan, I'm a little sceptical after our loan farces 

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

Bennett is better than Little.  Little has done nothing wrong per se, but isn't really Championship standard I'd say..

I'd agree that Bennett is a better 'all-round' footballer than Little. However, although Bennett is clearly more talented ability-wise I actually think Little has more impact. 

Im not sure what Bennett is adding to this team at the moment. He's clearly got ability but he's very quiet, seems to disappear from games. What have his telling contributions been so far? 

I think Little, although an inferior footballer in terms of ability, actually has more heart, desire and drive about him and imposes himself on a game a lot more. 

Lets also not forget that Little is a natural full back, Bennett a natural winger, so both come into the wing-back role from completely different frames of reference. 

Personally, I prefer Little in the role. 

7 hours ago, SX225 said:

It was totally substantiated that Little whacked Fredericks and that's how he 'miraculously' managed a transfer to Fulham about 4 minutes after 'putting in a request'.

The thing was just another litany of errors during the summer and opening transfer period.

What, you thought Ryan Fredericks was so desirable that Fulham wrote up an offer, got him to London for a medical, and got the papers lodged at FA central within minutes?

Nah, that was the reward for not making a fuss. The source was a club employee that I will not name publically, but I have named to Spudski and a couple of others via PM - who had all been told exactly the same thing from their sources.

A punch-up (well a one sided assault) in the dressing room does not stay quiet for long without a big effort from some people within BCFC.

It defo happened, and happened well before his Friday Evening departure.

Somebody should be asking why that Irish lad disappeared about the same time as well (nothing to do with Little - or an assault). I don't know for certain, so I won't say - but someone on here does,and if true,should speak up about it.

There you go, that's a 'cuddly little fun bomb' as they say in The States thrown into the thread........

Pretty much what I heard but didn`t have anything concrete hence my skirting around it.

31 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

We need to chuck money at it. We can't afford to go back to lg one. New stadium. Also no guarantee we will come back. Look at sheff utd. But u do get the feeling players don't like cotts.

I don't ' get the feeling ' that players don't like Cotts .

i think the ones who are favoured think he's great and the guys who don't get game time can't be over  enamoured with him but you never  hear complaints.

44 minutes ago, fly in the air said:

We need to chuck money at it. We can't afford to go back to lg one. New stadium. Also no guarantee we will come back. Look at sheff utd. But u do get the feeling players don't like cotts.

I have absolutely no idea what you base that on.

Results have not been good enough but at no stage has that appeared to be for a lack of effort or trying for the manager.

I'd actually argue the opposite, that he has been too loyal to the same trusted 12 or 13 faces this season.

From the perspective of being a fan and nothing more, I've never felt the team aren't trying for the manager - to me it looks more like some simply do not have the ability or athleticism for this level.

Have no doubt they all want to go out and win, but just think we may be being too loyal to some who need competition for their places.

Archived