IGNORED

Dean Moxey

Cobbsoldun

I just had a look on Wikki and it said:

"He is a left sided player comfortable at left back; he can also can play as a goalkeeper, sweeper and striker"

Cor blimey, can he also sell programmes, do the half time entertainment and work in the burger van before the match?

I struggle to understand who will want to join us. We are a sinking ship offering the prospect of league 1 football. Surely good prospects from league 1 who want to test themselves in the Championship will not want to join a club about to return to the league they would be joining from. And quality Championship players will not want to drop in to a relegation scrap with a team rooted in the bottom three. We know we should have sorted this out in the summer and are now truely screwed.

1 hour ago, hortonred said:

I struggle to understand who will want to join us. We are a sinking ship offering the prospect of league 1 football. Surely good prospects from league 1 who want to test themselves in the Championship will not want to join a club about to return to the league they would be joining from. And quality Championship players will not want to drop in to a relegation scrap with a team rooted in the bottom three. We know we should have sorted this out in the summer and are now truely screwed.

But we do , or will have a nice ground !

Moxey will be available on a free (see below) from Bolton who are likely to end up lower than us in my humbles.

He apparently earns a bit too much for them so that might not work for us.. believe of it what you will. Wolves apparently interested also. Unsubstantiated rumour as of now from here:-

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2015/12/27/bristol-city-wolves-chase-dean-moxey-free-transfer.html

I hope the players have a bit more spirit and balls for a fight than you, or of course we could just bring our half empty glasses and join you on the suspension bridge

3 hours ago, hortonred said:

'rooted in the bottom three'?

We're there on goal difference and dropped in for the first time in a couple of months yesterday.

Thankfully I assume you have nothing to do with trying to sell the club to potential signings.  

Can't really see us signing anyone of any calibre that would fit the so called scope of what we desire. That being quality proven championship stock. We may sign some players from uncharted waters ie someone from L1. Realistically let's be honest what proven quality championship player would come here unless we were offering stupid money and that ain't gonna happen. So it looks like if we require quality and experience it will be loans and if we stay up then we may have a rethink on what exactly is the recruiting policy.

9 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Can't really see us signing anyone of any calibre that would fit the so called scope of what we desire. That being quality proven championship stock. We may sign some players from uncharted waters ie someone from L1. Realistically let's be honest what proven quality championship player would come here unless we were offering stupid money and that ain't gonna happen. So it looks like if we require quality and experience it will be loans and if we stay up then we may have a rethink on what exactly is the recruiting policy.

Surely Bolton have some "proven Championship" players?

Just guaranteeing that we'd pay them would be an attraction, surely?

4 hours ago, hortonred said:

So does that mean you think we will be able to attract the players we need or you think the squad we have can keep us up ?

I have concerns about our attractiveness too. I've little doubt we could get in the players to get us over the line, if indeed that is necessary. 

What I genuinely fear however is that we buy in to 'at all costs' and start paying over the odds for these players, compound the problem in future seasons with mediocre players and tie our hands. It was only a few seasons back exactly that happened, and we were fortunate not to drop twice. 

i may be odd and im sure a few will facepalm, but my biggest fear (shock horror) really aint relegation; it's James, Stewart, hunt, kilkenny et al. 

For the first time in a long time we've a squad and players to take pride in, even if valiant battlers. Let's hope we don't rip that apart I say. 

The squad we have isn't good enough, last year it was, theyve had chances to prove they can step up to the championship but this have proved fruitless. Our poor old manager may well have had his hands tied in the Summer but some of our loans are questionable. We need championship quality players to compete regularly.  I don't think we're a million miles away with what we got

Archived