IGNORED

Dean Moxey

Cobbsoldun

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Er. 11 years ago - the old mind must be going too. Still, that`s what watching City does to you!

Cheers RRH still getting over Boxing Day match, my mate went for a wee just as we scored and missed it and as we always stay to the end he only saw 1 goal that day and that was Charlton's. and he's 5 years older than me, must send a Post Office Telegram to enquire how he is  :whistle:

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Surely Bolton have some "proven Championship" players?

Just guaranteeing that we'd pay them would be an attraction, surely?

Problem is they are bottom after half the season, and well bottom; I doubt there is a lot there we would be interested in unless they have simply switched off since Lennon arrived and the wages starting drying up.. not too professional either way of looking at it. Perhaps there are exceptions such as this fella Moxey but i would hazard a guess we will not be relying on Bolton to keep us in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Problem is they are bottom after half the season, and well bottom; I doubt there is a lot there we would be interested in unless they have simply switched off since Lennon arrived and the wages starting drying up.. not too professional either way of looking at it. Perhaps there are exceptions such as this fella Moxey but i would hazard a guess we will not be relying on Bolton to keep us in the Championship.

No argument from on me, I was just pointing out "proven Championship" players  are attainable, the question is which ones would improve us..

Having been watching Bolton today, and seen them take the lead just now, I am very worried, because despite huffing and puffing at times, they've comfortably looked better than a team who easily beat us (admittedly with ten men) recently.

As for us taking any of their players; yes, one or two look good, but on this evidence they might prefer to stick not twist in the pursuit of staying in this league.

36 minutes ago, samo II said:

As for us taking any of their players; yes, one or two look good, but on this evidence they might prefer to stick not twist in the pursuit of staying in this league.

They've not been paid this month and looking a virtual certainty for a 10 point deduction before the season is out. I think they'll be very pleased for most opportunities to move, including to ourselves. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

They've not been paid this month and looking a virtual certainty for a 10 point deduction before the season is out. I think they'll be very pleased for most opportunities to move, including to ourselves. 

They got paid yesterday, as I understand it.  And, yes; they look in trouble, but I'd imagine several will be one very good money thanks to their recent premier league stint, that might that price us out, before you even consider we've won just two more games than them.

Archived