IGNORED

definition of an idiot

where's the joy

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

To be fair not sure what else he can do when he has no one to make it any better.

the problem lies partially with Cotts but the lack in squad is our ultimate downfall

The problem is cotterill, I'm pretty sure another manager would have faired better with this squad, we are so one dimensional under Cotts... Time to move on and sack him otherwise we will undoubtably be back in league 1

The club as a whole is a shambles. I believe SC is a decent manager. Problem is we are awful and nothing is going to change at any level. The simplest way to make change is sacking SC. It's the only thing that COULD kick start our season. SL isn't going anywhere so not point complaining about him. All this talk of transfers and we all know damn well we won't be doing anything exciting. Extending a couple loans and bringing in 1 or 2 more. Maybe a gamble on a young player that will stay with us if(when?) we go down. 

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Someone who spends a fortune on an expensive new stadium but won't spend the money to help a talented manager keep the team up?

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Someone who spends a fortune on an expensive new stadium but won't spend the money to help a talented manager keep the team up?

AG I think you may have something here, I really fear for our side now and SC going is NOT THE ANSWER, the whole place at AG is becoming 'fan unfriendly' and I say this as a supporter of over 55 years. I recently went to the shop ( from My home in BOS) and bought some things for my grandson and asked to see someone in the ticket office. I was told by a 'bored' salesgirl I would have to ring and make an appointment. !!!!! Those who know knew I built a 60's Vespa dedicated to BCFC last year and the clubs enthusiasm about it can be written on the back of a 'fag' packet. Remember on your way up you can ignore those who give you support but watch it when you are on the way down

9 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

no you just offer them a shed load of money and that is what the modern game seems to be about

But we did that a few years ago in the same division. The result was very, very substantial unrest between the fans and the club and we were in a dreadful position. I cannot believe how happy some fans are to follow that same path. 

The only time I have genuinely come close to turning away from the club was in the year before SC joined. I dispised those overpaid wasters that much. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But we did that a few years ago in the same division. The result was very, very substantial unrest between the fans and the club and we were in a dreadful position. I cannot believe how happy some fans are to follow that same path. 

The only time I have genuinely come close to turning away from the club was in the year before SC joined. I dispised those overpaid wasters that much

I know what you mean.

However; there is a difference between paying Stern ******* John £15k a week and Andre Gray £20k a week, as he is clearly worth it.

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I know what you mean.

However; there is a difference between paying Stern ******* John £15k a week and Andre Gray £20k a week, as he is clearly worth it.

Absolutely. But I don't think we could get anyone with such potential - and stature - who has their career's best interest at heart. Not yet. If we had form for progressing players and selling for profit maybe we could. 

My biggest hope for this window is that we get a really cynical tough midfielder who tackles on the edge of reckless. 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The only time I have genuinely come close to turning away from the club was in the year before SC joined. I dispised those overpaid wasters that much. 

I certainly did not want to imply that we had to pay them a shed load, I agree with you as I think the modern 'footballer' is paid gross and obscene wages condidering the job they do I am old enough to remember the AG8 and dont want that again I remember on this forum we were all talking about the players cars behind the Atyeo and most of us despised that, lets really be honest now, are we a mediocre Chsp/Lge 1 club like we have mainly been or an overspending chsp/prem club ? frankly after watching City for over 55 years I know where we really sit

Jesus christ. Why can't people get it in their heads? The board were ready to back Cotterill. He went after unrealistic targets. Gray came to speak to us and we could match what he wanted but we weren't attractive enough for him. Gayle wouldn't even come and speak to us. 

This isn't the boards fault or SL's fault. Cotterill wasted valuable time going after players that were never going to come to us. We are near the bottom of the food chain in the championship. The fact that we were going after these players was laughable. 

Are you telling me that if Cotts decides he wants Charlie Austin in January and he doesn't come that it's the boards fault? That we should be offering him whatever he wants to come here? 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

In the premier league and a top Championship side.

You can't jold a gun to A players head to make them sign.

I agree ..... BUT you also need to pay the wages that sort of transfer fee demands.... Not half of it !

Archived