IGNORED

definition of an idiot

where's the joy

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Absolutely. But I don't think we could get anyone with such potential - and stature - who has their career's best interest at heart. Not yet. If we had form for progressing players and selling for profit maybe we could. 

My biggest hope for this window is that we get a really cynical tough midfielder who tackles on the edge of reckless. 

We are indeed,too nice..all decent teams need at least one 'horrible,snarling hard as nails ball winner who has opponents with half an eye out for him every time the ball comes their way.all we need to do is find him(and pay him the rate).......

2 hours ago, robin4ever said:

I agree ..... BUT you also need to pay the wages that sort of transfer fee demands.... Not half of it !

SL in his radio interview said that wages were NOT the problem.

Unpopular as it might be, it might occur to some posters on this forum, that players might actually want to win a title and maybe get in to or back to the top flight and that might have added bearing to their decision.

Professional achievement anyone?

12 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

I certainly did not want to imply that we had to pay them a shed load, I agree with you as I think the modern 'footballer' is paid gross and obscene wages condidering the job they do I am old enough to remember the AG8 and dont want that again I remember on this forum we were all talking about the players cars behind the Atyeo and most of us despised that, lets really be honest now, are we a mediocre Chsp/Lge 1 club like we have mainly been or an overspending chsp/prem club ? frankly after watching City for over 55 years I know where we really sit

But your post said 'you pay them a shed load of money' in response to a post asking 'how do you make our transfer targets sign?'

Not sure how that is not implying that you meant we had to 'pay them a shed load'?

Definition of an idiot - Starting stupid meltdown posts on otib every time BC lose?!? :facepalm:

In reality there are probably 3 worse teams in the championship than us.  We should/ may stay up if we get a striker in in January and maybe some competition for freeman?

Look how far we've come in the last 2 years!  I never wanted SC in the first place but, I hate to admit it, I've come to quite like him and the few players we do have seem to be playing for him.

IMO SC tried (but failed) to add some genuine quality to our squad in the summer.  He correctly identified that DG or AG are genuinely better players than what we had already and the likes of Bradshaw or Wells.  Yh maybe he should have just gone for players of that calibre that we could have easily got in but calling him an idiot for being too ambitious is IMO wrong.  

Isnt ambition what us 'the fans' want to see.

What I believe SC doesn't do well (and never has - jet for example) is use his subs well.  The only explanation I can come to is that he sees the (benched) players in training everyday and must genuinely believe they are not good enough to compete at this level.

Ps (bc I don't post often) the amount of BS I read on here about wages and what we are prepared to spend/ not spend or who were getting in/ not getting in is laughable. The funniest recent one for me was the - 'SC is handing is resegnation innon Monday' thread...  What wally came up with that one?! None of us (unless the FD or any other board members secretly post on here) have a clue as to what is going on inside our club, who we're looking at not looking at.

Anyway, that's just my two pence worth.  As you were.  

Have a great day and a happy new year to all my fellow reds!

6 hours ago, SX225 said:

Love to see that mate - got any pics?

Mate of mine Martyn Peacock did exactly the same to a P200E for his love for Manchester City.

Difference being - they invited him to ride it around the pitch at half-time. He said it was the best moment of his life, being clapped by 33,000 people

And you couldn't even get past the sales clerk!

You should write a letter and send some pics in. As my username suggests, I'm an old face on the scooter scene myself!

Hi SX225. I often wondered if this referred to the Lamby...I'm sure Oldstands scooter pics have been on here before. Really good work he's done on them. Had a Vespa 200 Rallye myself many years ago. Great fun !:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

SL in his radio interview said that wages were NOT the problem.

Unpopular as it might be, it might occur to some posters on this forum, that players might actually want to win a title and maybe get in to or back to the top flight and that might have added bearing to their decision.

Professional achievement anyone?

How do you know that SL is telling the truth? For example, would he ever have matched Burnley's pay packet for Joey Barton (if SC had wanted him)? No chance

im not complaining about SL/SC's preparedness to buy new players or meet wage demands

i am complaining about SC's use of the bench and giving those added later in the game more than 8 minutes to make a difference when the match is running away from us.

reid/burns/bryan are talents with skill and pace who are being demotivated by never getting to play for any length of time. they may not be perfect but then nor are freeman, wilbraham or Kodjia. 

if we are being beaten at least give them 20 minutes or better still 30

and this is nothing to do with transfer windows or pellings uselessness or being turned down by gray or any other striker

its the bits our manager can control and influence

joe bryan was fantastic last season and anonymous this......he's lost confidence and his manager needs to help him get it back

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But your post said 'you pay them a shed load of money' in response to a post asking 'how do you make our transfer targets sign?'

Not sure how that is not implying that you meant we had to 'pay them a shed load'?

problem with us oldies and computers, much prefer face to face talking as sometimes things dont appear on computers as you mean to express especially if like me you are Bristolian and speak different !! Bristol Rob said  You can't jold a gun to A players head to make them sign.  and I replied 'no you just offer them a shed load of money and that is what the modern game seems to be about ' because in truth nthat is what is happening..................hope the explanation clears it all up and we can move on

1 hour ago, KevP said:

Hi SX225. I often wondered if this referred to the Lamby...I'm sure Oldstands scooter pics have been on here before. Really good work he's done on them. Had a Vespa 200 Rallye myself many years ago. Great fun !:thumbsup:

Kev yes they were put on months ago when I first contacted the club

43 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

problem with us oldies and computers, much prefer face to face talking as sometimes things dont appear on computers as you mean to express especially if like me you are Bristolian and speak different !! Bristol Rob said  You can't jold a gun to A players head to make them sign.  and I replied 'no you just offer them a shed load of money and that is what the modern game seems to be about ' because in truth nthat is what is happening..................hope the explanation clears it all up and we can move on

Ha! Unfamiliar with the 'special secret services' "jold" method eh.

Soon all of this will be mine!

*evil laugh*

if we are behind after 60 minutes and SC doesn't boost our attack with at least 30 minutes to go by changing shape or using fresh legs you will know he is an idiot, 

but i hope he surprises us 

when we won 6-0 at Bradford to win the title last year he wouldn't let JET on the pitch even for 1 minute to join the fun. stubborn or what?

Archived