IGNORED

Going Going

shelts

Do you know my mind's scrambled tonite reading this forum.

I don't know if I want pearson,pep,colin,dayrl or cotts.

new signings,loan signings no signings.

4.4.2  3.5.2  4.3.2.1.

Can anyone help me as I have to make a decision real soon,.

Hoping you can help me here,

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all city fans.

Best wishes , Steve.

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

No it's not a wind up.

Moyes is ex City, obviously.

He's out of work, has been in for the job before, albeit a while ago and he loves the club and the area.

Ok possibly a long shot but you just never know.

Maybe he can bring Andre Gray, Dwight Gayle and Ross Mccormack with him! 

8 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Ha ha too late for those three.

Question is, and it's all hyphetical, would these calibre of player be interested in signing if Moyes was here?

Of course they would.. If there was even a hint Moyes might be interested we should take it very seriously and make him a very generous offer.

Unfortunately though, he's probably a fair bit above our level.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

He's more than a fair bit above our level - its laughable (out loud) that some people actually think there is a chance that he would come here.

Mourinho is out of work....well, they started it.

Well if you want to be pedantic about it, but that's what I meant. Not sure why you're replying to me about it really, we essentially both think it's unlikely?

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

You know everything then I take it? 

He was in the crowd at Bolton v Blackburn today. 

Make of that what you will.

Putting his face in front of television cameras? Clearly Old Trafford would not be the place for that move. 

One off scouting assignment? Maybe a Prem manager asked him to run the rule on Jordan Rhodes for instance.

Maybe he just had a gutsfull of his family over Xmas? 

You can make plenty of it without assuming he'd consider someone at this level, let alone us. 

Enough is enough. The comments by SC after Burnley were fair and frank. We are not good enough. Follow this up and you might ask "Why aren't we good enough?" My answer is very poor management starting pre-season, letting good players go before having replacements (Cunningham JET) poor tactics (what works in Lge 1 doesn't work at this level) and lack of any kind of Plan B.  MK Dons & Preston were both inferior to us last year but I would back both of them to survive compared with our chances at this point in time. Just ask yourself why.

Conclusion:After the cup-tie it will be "Boing, Boing Baggies and Going, Going Cotterill".

I think he will get January on and off the pitch to turn it around and rightly so. Yes our form has been poor lately but we all know that things can change quickly in football.

I've never been a fan of the bloke personally and didn't want him to come to us. But he did a great job after the 3-0 loss to Sheff Utd and deserves a bit more time. I do however worry that the bottom of this league is his limit. He did OK with Burnley but that was quite a long time ago. Decisions like dropping Bryan and the non-use of Cox are also a serious concern.

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I think he will get January on and off the pitch to turn it around and rightly so. Yes our form has been poor lately but we all know that things can change quickly in football.

While I understand your point Alex, wouldn't changing at the end of January be a tad futile? The new Manager would have players signed by Cotts and no remit to bring in players he deemed of use due to the window closing.

I'm not saying get rid now but change at the end of the window seems a little pointless to me.

19 hours ago, Turbored said:

We will never attract a so called decent manager and that's because we have an owner that won't spend money. I don't have an issue with that but he has to stop spouting premier league rubbish.. If we are to survive on our revenue streams we will only ever be a good L1 club. You have to invest for success ,depends what you call success but I would call it the the top level. and if you can't see it your naive. Don't give me that B/muff bull either as they just got transfer embargoed for breaking  ffp. So if SL ain't gonna spend big or get other investment then we are what we are. If you think this stadium revamp will bring in pots of gold then get real .. Don't you understand the value of money and what these PL teams have at there disposal. Also I don't think but not really sure but the way we are setup with this Bristol sport BS@@ probably makes us not open to other external investment other than sponsorship.

So the best way of building a long term sustainable football club is to over commit and find yourself operating under a transfer embargo.

Well that makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the best way of building a long term sustainable football club is to over commit and find yourself operating under a transfer embargo.

Well that makes sense.

No it's gaining other investors and sponsors.  As I state unless you spend big you won't get to the promise land... How you fund it is the difficult bit and lots of clever accounting. There must be ways and means as others are doing it.

if we are to only operate on our revenue streams we are realistically ever gonna be a d1/2 yo yo club as our history shows. 

14 minutes ago, Turbored said:

No it's gaining other investors and sponsors.  As I state unless you spend big you won't get to the promise land... How you fund it is the difficult bit and lots of clever accounting. There must be ways and means as others are doing it.

if we are to only operate on our revenue streams we are realistically ever gonna be a d1/2 yo yo club as our history shows. 

So we spend money on getting sponsors now?

I thought sponsors generally gave the club money.

If only we had someone at the helm who could drop over forty million on tarting up the ground to make it more attractive to sponsors. Oh well.

Out of interest, did you listen to the SL radio Bristol interview the other day?

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So we spend money on getting sponsors now?

I thought sponsors generally gave the club money.

If only we had someone at the helm who could drop over forty million on tarting up the ground to make it more attractive to sponsors. Oh well.

Out of interest, did you listen to the SL radio Bristol interview the other day?

I didn't say we spend I said we "gain" . Yes I did listen to the interview and let's be honest what would you expect him to say ... Corporate blurb blurb.  Thing is the football club no longer own the stadium so unless it helps attract direct sponsor to the footy team and not Bristol sport it don't really help as wouldn't any revenue have to be divvied up between all aspects of BS?

3 minutes ago, Turbored said:

I didn't say we spend I said we "gain" . Yes I did listen to the interview and let's be honest what would you expect him to say ... Corporate blurb blurb.  Thing is the football club no longer own the stadium so unless it helps attract direct sponsor to the footy team and not Bristol sport it don't really help as wouldn't any revenue have to be divvied up between all aspects of BS?

How many more times. The ground is owned by Ashton gate holdings LTD and has been for decades

Wouldn't Cotts be gone by now if he was going at all? A new manager would need several games with what we have before going into the transfer/loan market to improve things. There just isn't time. My hunch is Cotts will stay but possibly with help. ( Too many names already mentioned on here for me to go through them again) I have no preference who comes but as I have said on other threads, whoever comes gets my full support.

21 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think SC is similar in some ways, probably add GJ to that too when things weren't going well. You're right though, probably waiting for a job like Hull/Derby/Boro or maybe even Villa if they're relegated and Garde goes.

Remi Garde.... Quite possibly the most stupid appointment i have seen for a decade.

19 hours ago, cynic said:

He's more than a fair bit above our level - its laughable (out loud) that some people actually think there is a chance that he would come here.

Mourinho is out of work....well, they started it.

Coppout came though; there are only 92 jobs, we are currently the 40th most attractive, perhaps around 30th when you remove those above us on transfer embargoes, busted flush balance sheets or foreign or imbecile owners.

Count how many decent well qualified managers are out of work and how many jobs are currently available... In short we could and have attracted pretty much anybody resembling decent. City is an attractive proposition to pretty much anbody. Currently there is no vacancy, thankfully.

Archived