IGNORED

only scored once in last 6 games!!

Spoons

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think Burns should be given a chance with Kodjia. 

Got to be worth a shot.  I think Wes won't be the answer, but he has looked OK leading the line for Wales u21s.  I know that is no yardstick but at least he knows the role even if he's not got all the attributes to play it.

Hector (who was colossal for Reading at our place) is suspended....second yellow for diving today…and i wonder how McShane will handle either Wes or Kodjias pace without Hector alongside him.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got to be worth a shot.  I think Wes won't be the answer, but he has looked OK leading the line for Wales u21s.  I know that is no yardstick but at least he knows the role even if he's not got all the attributes to play it.

Hector (who was colossal for Reading at our place) is suspended....second yellow for diving today…and i wonder how McShane will handle either Wes or Kodjias pace without Hector alongside him.

I think with someone like Wes making runs for Kodjia it'll really help him out. Hell make space for JK and give JK people to look for ahead of him, whereas Agard and Wilbs aren't quick enough to get past him so he has to do all the work himself. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think with someone like Wes making runs for Kodjia it'll really help him out. Hell make space for JK and give JK people to look for ahead of him, whereas Agard and Wilbs aren't quick enough to get past him so he has to do all the work himself. 

Very decent in the air as well is Wes. He looked threatening vs England u21's in both fixtures playing up front and regularly scores against other sides. Suggests to me he's worth a go.

7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Very decent in the air as well is Wes. He looked threatening vs England u21's in both fixtures playing up front and regularly scores against other sides. Suggests to me he's worth a go.

Seems madness to me that he hasn't been given a go in his favoured position. Agard hasn't been the answer and is injured. Wilbs, while making a decent contribution, understandably flags after about an hour. Wes will either be good enough at this level or not. Surely it's time to find out. Personally I think he could make a difference, he's not let us down yet when he gets on the pitch.

17 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think Burns should be given a chance with Kodjia. 

Sadly I don't think that will work. kodjia plays better alongside Wilbraham, him and Agard didn't work and I think alongside burns it would be the same scenario. Burns should be used wide as an outlet. The Charlton game we were desperate for someone out wide to carry the ball whilst everyone else was hanging out of their arse.

6 minutes ago, Ray White said:

Sadly I don't think that will work. kodjia plays better alongside Wilbraham, him and Agard didn't work and I think alongside burns it would be the same scenario. Burns should be used wide as an outlet. The Charlton game we were desperate for someone out wide to carry the ball whilst everyone else was hanging out of their arse.

Difference between Burns and Agard is that Burns has genuine pace. I still think it would work well as Kodjia is certainly one hell of a creator

Archived