IGNORED

"this group of players"

headhunter

• Admin
12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Surely the point he was making is that there was no point in talking about new players when the window isn't even open yet.

Anyone who thinks we won't be bringing in a minimum of 3 new faces next month is wrong.

Rewind back to the summer and I believer we were all saying the same thing then !

Personally, I think we need to stop looking at starting XI and think more of the XIV that should be involved each game, and the squad. It's not only tactical, but a few of the players look mentally exhausted and in need of a break. If we can't trust the subs, something is seriously wrong at the Club. As for Wes and Bobby, nobody on this forum "knows", they are just guessing.

With Joe being dropped lately, I wonder if anyone will come in with a cheeky bid, maybe involving a player swap to tempt us.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly he is not the player he was last season - would be surprise if there was any upward movement

He has not been as good, but he's intelligent, hard working and can deliver quality crosses. I think he has the potential and now might be a good time to get him on the cheap.

On 29 December 2015 at 10:04, Spoons said:

100% agree with the radio Bristol comments. Embarrassing questions asked rather than questions Tha actually matter like what is going on with Simon cox? And do u have a plan b? Have you fallen out with the owner?

What sort of question to SC is "Have you fallen out with the owner?"

Do you really think he'd answer "Yes, SL and me had a massive falling out and now he is not giving me any money to spend so we do rubbish and then he has a better excuse for sacking me later in the season".

Thats a fr more embarrassing and thoughtless question that RB or BCFC World ones!

13 hours ago, spudski said:

Think we've got a decent core of players and with a few additions, could easily be a mid table side.

The system isn't winning games for us...and we are conceding for fun.

It worked last year...but not this.

The problem seems that the manager has a fixed idea that it will work and won't adapt...plus he obviously doesn't trust and rate certain players in the squad.

So for me it's down to a manager not wishing to change.

Or maybe he's just not getting the backing (financially and in terms of scouting) for those 'few additions'. 

Whichever way you look at it, there really isn't much between us and, say, 17th place. A couple of wins and we'll be fine

14 hours ago, Goatlover69 said:

Hey up

Newbie here 

Finally thought I'd join in rather than be a voyure.......

Like everybody else I am massively disappointed at the moment, the Charlton game killed me off a bit of I'm honest......:laugh:

Just one question though, Was I really naive to think that by keeping most of our squad/team together from last year and then maybe adding a few more we would hold our own so to speak in this league?

Again maybe being naive but I honestly thought we'd be in a better position, I even remember my Dad telling me, who's in his late 60's and has been supporting City a long time that he thought this young crop of players had real potential to do very well.........

I guess what I'm grasping at is this 

Is this team not good enough or is it just a case of bad management?

I'd appreciate other people's thoughts on this as its really doing my head in

Cheers all 

We've got 7 or 8 players who are more than good enough providing we'd signed the 3 or 4 they needed to enable them to play at their best.

Two choices for SC approaching this season. Continue with the successful formation from last season, with the expansive style that the majority of the squad were used to - and signed specifically with roles within that system in mind - or change the system to play a far more conservative style.

He knew full well that City's history shows we will not survive for long at this level if our aim is simply to survive. Not only that but it will be a slow and painful road to relegation with a lack of entertaining football, compounded with poor results, draining the enthusiasm of the fans and emptying the stands long before we actually go down..

He made the right choice imo., one which meant BCFC could actually aim to make it's mark in this division rather than perennially struggle before another inevitable relegation.

For whatever reason the necessary strengthening did not happen in the Summer and it's agreed by all - fans, players, manager and owner - that the current squad isn't strong enough - and in my opinion that's the case whatever system we adopt..

That strengthening must of course happen now. If so, and we survive, we can look forward to a bright future of entertaining and successful football at AG in the Championship under SC.

Archived