IGNORED

Matt Smith

southvillekiddy

It seems to be the sticking point with all of our potential signings WAGES.

When Matt smith was with us we only paid a percentage of his wages an with  Gayle & Grey we could match the transfer fee but wages are the problem as we do not pay as much as most clubs.

We lowered our wages when were under O'Drizzle by over 100% and we don't want to go back to putting the club into accruing debt.

Look at Bolton among other clubs  paying the wages and living the dream now £35,000,000 in debt and having to sell assets like Zak Clough  we do not want to go down that road. 

5 minutes ago, foghornred said:

We lowered our wages when were under O'Drizzle by over 100% and we don't want to go back to putting the club into accruing debt.

You mean they were paying subs?! No wonder we couldn't recruit in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Fulham are likely to be reluctant sellers, as well as Dembele potentially leaving, several clubs linked with mccormack?

Indeed. With them not guaranteed safety I would imagine they will be very reluctant sellers this window. Though they need(should?) start planning for life without parachute payments. So they could be sellers in the summer. New coach though and I imagine he'll be wanting to get them up. It's not an easy situation and I'm glad we are smart financially. I think we are too extreme with the lack of spending and someone like Boro or Derby go too far hoping they go up. Think we should find a slightly better balance with our spending(which it seems we might be realizing).

48 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I believe im right in saying that matt smiths spelling is mattieu and one of his parents, prezumably his mum, is french? He is clearly bright, and potentially can speak some french too which would help with kodjia and garita. We should should have gone for him in the summer.

I like conspiracy theories. City will only sign players who can speak French. Jann Kermorgant is French and Clough is taking French lessons!

13 minutes ago, foghornred said:

When Matt smith was with us we only paid a percentage of his wages an with  Gayle & Grey we could match the transfer fee but wages are the problem as we do not pay as much as most clubs.

Look at Bolton among other clubs  paying the wages and living the dream now £35,000,000 in debt and having to sell assets like Zak Clough  we do not want to go down that road. 

If we were to offer a contract to Smith, I would wager it would be less of a basic salary than what Fulham are paying, however we would beef that up with the offer of first team football, maybe some performance related bonuses, the chance to reunite with a team and fans you obviously got on great with the year before.

If Fulham are paying him £15k per week to sit on the bench, its not unconceivable that he would accept £10k per week for first team football and some bonuses. It's not like he's going to starve!

25 minutes ago, grifty said:

If we were to offer a contract to Smith, I would wager it would be less of a basic salary than what Fulham are paying, however we would beef that up with the offer of first team football, maybe some performance related bonuses, the chance to reunite with a team and fans you obviously got on great with the year before.

If Fulham are paying him £15k per week to sit on the bench, its not unconceivable that he would accept £10k per week for first team football and some bonuses. It's not like he's going to starve!

Ordinarily if Fulham sell they'll be liable for the shortfall anyway to the extent of the time remaining on his deal.

He has a contract to earn £X over the remaining period of his deal and if they want to breach that contract, by selling him to another club, he'll be due compensation if he's suffered losses, such as less earnings. 

45 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Approaching £200M, I think you will find.

45 minutes ago, foghornred said:

More like £172 000 000 in debt!!

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Can't prove or confirm it but I can virtually guarentee mats in one of those cars in the pic... 

These kids are bloody fast with their cameras to recognise a travelling vehicle and snap it before it has even passed them. 

...... at least all these French players potentially signing shows one thing ..........

Just how good West Country cheeses are.

We've got Cheddar.

Somerset Brie

Double Gloucester

:wacko:

Burnham on Sea Stilton - the list goes on .......

Uncle TFR

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That's the problem for this window, teams don't want to let players go until the new ones come in or in case they lose others. It ends up a game of brinkmanship, one piece of the puzzle can bring the whole house of cards down !

I love a mixed metaphor .

It might as well only be a week long as that's when all the deals seen to go through!

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Don't usually like to brag about how ITK I am, but on this occasion, what the hell?!

i can, unequivocally confirm that that IS a picture of the road by Cabot Circus and that the car in the photo 

IS being driven

Don't ask for my source, you know I can't give it

Cheese does not drive itself, people.

:grr:

Uncle TFR

Archived