IGNORED

Have we signed anyone yet?

Kermit the Frog

26 minutes ago, Just Red said:

I for one am not getting excited just yet. We will not see anyone arrive until the back end of the window imo. Cotts has this window to save his job. If he messes it up then goodbye Cotts.

You may well be right but I hope you're wrong. If we don't sign anyone till the end of the window it could be too late. Even if they are fully match it, it would probably take at least a couple of games for them to become accustomed to City's style of play - i e mid February. If we're still in the relegation zone and other teams have brought in players, it will be difficult to escape. 

That is the biggest problem with the Jan transfer window. We probably will have to wait until the back end of the window.....but it won't be our choice to do so. Its a sellers market at this time of year. Why would you sell someone to us on 2nd Jan when you can wait till 31st jan and create a bidding war driving up the price.

Occasionally a player we have identified will want to come to us, a fair price will be agreed and the sellers club will let him come early for the good of the players career. This could happen, but most will wait.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Still Nothing ??? Dear God will this window never end ?? :fear:

I bought Safestyle Windows, brilliant 'you buy one, you get one free' could we do this for more players, could increase our squad at half the cost.........just a thought :sad26:

Just watched an interesting interview on Football Focus with Klopp. He said basically now is not the time to buy. It's a real gamble because prices are higher and the player is immediately thrown into action. He said the summer window is the most important As that's when you can build a team and have pre season with them to integrate them. It empathised how we spectacularly got it wrong in the window.

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Just watched an interesting interview on Football Focus with Klopp. He said basically now is not the time to buy. It's a real gamble because prices are higher and the player is immediately thrown into action. He said the summer window is the most important As that's when you can build a team and have pre season with them to integrate them. It empathised how we spectacularly got it wrong in the window.

Easy for Klopp say that in their present position, if Liverpool were in danger of going down he'd be spending this window like there was no tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Easy for Klopp say that in their present position, if Liverpool were in danger of going down he'd be spending this window like there was no tomorrow.

Ah but Klopp would have signed the correct players in the summer so there for they wouldn't be in danger of going down and wouldn't have a need to panic in the winter window.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed.  Bournemouth has a proactive summer, but with injuries and their proximity to relegation has them already dipping in the market for that forward from Roma.

Same story with Norwich and Sunderland; if you're season is not going to plan, it would be madness not to use this opportunity to improve your squad.

4 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Ah but Klopp would have signed the correct players in the summer so there for they wouldn't be in danger of going down and wouldn't have a need to panic in the winter window.

I don't think they are so much in danger of going down this yeah, but potentially not reaching Europe.  

And being that over the next two/three weeks they'll have a better idea how that will go with their cure bet squad, I'd not rule out Klopp getting in a player or two to help with that.

with our current problems you'd have honestly thought we might have at least one transfer ready at start of Jan to complete as soon as the window opened

Classic Lack of Proactivity from City.

Disappointing... Soon players are in and bonding and training with the squad the better or are we going to have players 'bedding in' during February

Poor

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Totally agree. Derby signed loads in Jan last year and blew not only promotion but also the play offs.

But I don't think what we currently have is going to keep us up, so a question of having to take a chance even if we look at players who we think would be likely to get us back up next season. 

Archived