IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Happy Hog Many to you all (see Non-Football Posts). Reading is not a shithole, at least it wasn't when I lived there. I always said I wouldn't cross the street to see Reading play and I never did. Mind you, I did see them play about thirty times. I lived six doors up from Elm Park, of beloved memory.

On one memorable day, I was on the Oxford Road at twenty to three, thinking I should hurry to catch the KO, when a battered coach stopped at the kerb and a Geordie accent asked me the way to Elm Park. I told him, then did a double-take; it was the Hartlepools United team coach :o Why I didn't put my house on Reading at the local bookies, I really don't know. They won 4-0 at a canter, as you might expect...

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

No it isn't you are right. If I were a member of our younger players I'd be pretty disappointed with things as it stands. 

No problem really with him starting with what he believes is our best 11. What can drive me potty is his habit of not changing a thing until 88 minutes when it is clear Plan A is not working, of just running out of steam. Anyhow, fingers crossed for today.

• Like 1