IGNORED

Radio Bristol reporters ..... ask probing questions

headhunter

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Totally agree. For a while we did get the local journalist's post-match press conference on YouTube but that stopped and so we're left with the predictable questions of "PeZ".

You get the impression the media team are just coasting really. Yes, the FL website template isn't ideal but the answer isn't to stop using what's there. The homepage has a gallery near the bottom. But seemingly ours isn't actually setup with any pics. Hence, it just looks a shambles. The match reports also have a gallery feature but again not utilised so it appears shonky saying image 1 of 18 but nope, nothing.

Meanwhile, JK has started to embrace English on his Instagram... https://www.instagram.com/p/__ucrXGE1R/ ...perhaps we'll be blessed with a JK interview someday (whether in video or in writing).

I've emailed them about this and they either ignore or fob me off with saying that he can't speak English. If you compare our content to other clubs it's pathetic.

1 hour ago, bemmyredjeff said:

It's quite obvious Lansdown !!

Give cotterill what he wants.......THE SACK !!

Is the back and crack included?

Can only agree with the majority of comments hear that the interview questions are gutless and pathetic. If it was a fan asking him the questions, I'd like to think they would be able to articulate intelligent but probing questions that address our woeful shortcomings this season. If it were me I would like to ask:

1) Why is it that he doesn't trust his bench or even the under 21's? If they are really that bad then why are the players coming through our development programme not good enough? Who is responsible for this?

2) Can he tell us comprehensively that he understands that by playing 3-5-2 every week we leave ourselves vunerable to the diagonal ball in behind the advanced wing backs?

3) What did the loan signings of Cox, Moore and Robinson add to our club?

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've emailed them about this and they either ignore or fob me off with saying that he can't speak English. If you compare our content to other clubs it's pathetic.

Not hugely surprised. I've asked questions and got weak responses of something not being viable because there wasn't enough interest. Yet, said service was probably lesser known than some state secrets. 

Just strikes me as complacency. And that seems to continue despite any changes in the media team's lower ranks... draw your own conclusion.

Jose mourinho could be our manager and it wouldn't excuse from the fact we have the smallest squad full of  players that struggle competing at championship level, someone should be asking Steve why he won't use his subs and why no change in formation but in reality most people are delusion to think another manager could come in and turn our team around,  they have consistently been outclassed by good teams. I'd prefer to see Steve take us down than someone like warnock or pearson keep us up. Look at mcinnes, he tinkered and it got us nowhere. People want change because they've not got the answers. Anyone who has played football understands the benefit of routine, if we had better players on the bench I'm sure they would play. I gave cotts shit when he wouldn't play agard then after a run of a few games I must admit I was wrong, agard did nothing. We need to spend in January why is that not blindingly obvious to most. To say Steve is out of his depth at this level is wrong. He can manage. If you gave him derby he have them top of the league. It's the board that have got it wrong. Not Steve. 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I have a feeling that many staff at Ashton Gate have a loathing for the great unwashed.

Why don't they get a ******* translator in? 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I have a feeling that many staff at Ashton Gate have a loathing for the great unwashed.

Why don't they get a ******* translator in? 

Amazing isn't it, it's not inconceivable Kodjia could arrive and depart this club without having one interview. Farcical.

@AdamB I'd genuinely like to know what's going on here?

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Is the back and crack included?

Can only agree with the majority of comments hear that the interview questions are gutless and pathetic. If it was a fan asking him the questions, I'd like to think they would be able to articulate intelligent but probing questions that address our woeful shortcomings this season. If it were me I would like to ask:

1) Why is it that he doesn't trust his bench or even the under 21's? If they are really that bad then why are the players coming through our development programme not good enough? Who is responsible for this?

2) Can he tell us comprehensively that he understands that by playing 3-5-2 every week we leave ourselves vunerable to the diagonal ball in behind the advanced wing backs?

3) What did the loan signings of Cox, Moore and Robinson add to our club?

Exactly!!!

What is Cotts trying to prove by not answering questions? Why the belligerence when asked about new signings? It's a perfectly decent question to ask when the transfer window is open. This kind of reaction does him no favours and makes him look a twonk. 

"No irons in the fire" 

Is this subterfuge or what? 

I must confess i didn't hear the after match interview but hate his interviews at the best of times. Accusations of bullying the media doesn't surprise me, he did it at his other clubs too.

Anyway, i did hear his pre match interview and thought it was amusing when the interviewer innocently suggested that Readings fortunes may have turned due to a new manager. Cotts stopped for a second and then quickly replied something about sacking the manager doesn't solve anything. Understandably i think he's feeling the pressure.

1 hour ago, UncleAlbert said:

Jose mourinho could be our manager and it wouldn't excuse from the fact we have the smallest squad full of  players that struggle competing at championship level, someone should be asking Steve why he won't use his subs and why no change in formation but in reality most people are delusion to think another manager could come in and turn our team around,  they have consistently been outclassed by good teams. I'd prefer to see Steve take us down than someone like warnock or pearson keep us up. Look at mcinnes, he tinkered and it got us nowhere. People want change because they've not got the answers. Anyone who has played football understands the benefit of routine, if we had better players on the bench I'm sure they would play. I gave cotts shit when he wouldn't play agard then after a run of a few games I must admit I was wrong, agard did nothing. We need to spend in January why is that not blindingly obvious to most. To say Steve is out of his depth at this level is wrong. He can manage. If you gave him derby he have them top of the league. It's the board that have got it wrong. Not Steve. 

Sorry Uncle Albert but I can't agree with anything that you have written.. I'd prefer us to stay up and not go down. Although I'm not a fan of Pearson's at all

I've played football and am a firm believer in routine, but it's clear our routine doesn't work and needs to be changed. 

He is out of his depth and his stubborness will be his undoing.

4 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yes the questions were pants once again, but if he was asked about subs,formation etc he would probably walk out.

Cotts  no signings in the pipeline, has he given up?

His interviews really feel you with hope!!!

The questions are limp & pointless.

The reporter is clearly scared of SC & Yes he def thinks he would up & walk out.

But an interview is a two way process so he needs to man up & ask some of the questions all us supporters wants answers to. Eg why are you not making tactical changes & bringing on subs earlier. Why haven't you used Simon Cox & what are you going to do to keep City in the division?

All we hear is 'they are a great group of lads'. 

Just now, Robin1988 said:

Yes because that'll work.

I wonder how many people in this topic have ever worked in the meda with football managers :facepalm:

So being a manager entitles you to act like a petulant child without being pulled up on it?

have you worked in the media with football managers?

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

So being a manager entitles you to act like a petulant child without being pulled up on it?

have you worked in the media with football managers?

Yes I have. You have to bite your tongue and take it. No-one likes it but at the end of the day it's their ball, their rules.

12 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yes I have. You have to bite your tongue and take it. No-one likes it but at the end of the day it's their ball, their rules.

Why do you have to bite your tongue? It leads to pointless interviews like today's that offer nothing for the fans and makes you look like you got no balls! 

No wonder footballers are so pampered when even asking a tough question is out of bounds.

30 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yes because that'll work.

I wonder how many people in this topic have ever worked in the meda with football managers :facepalm:

It just would reflect poorly on the manager, they'd be the ones that lost out. I'm sure that "stupid question" interview was a contributing factor in S'OD losing his job.

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Why do you have to bite your tongue? It leads to pointless interviews like today's that offer nothing for the fans and makes you look like you got no balls! 

No wonder footballers are so pampered when even asking a tough question is out of bounds.

You pick your moments. There's not much point in asking a question that's going to get a snappy answer which says nothing and just sours your relationship with a manager.

I'm sure questions will be asked at the pre-match this week regarding loans, when the dust has settled and Cotterill is probably in better mood.

As I said, the ball is always in the manager's court. If you want good answers in a pre-match when you're likely to get them, you don't piss off the manager a few days beforehand just so OTIB doesn't think you 'look like you've got no balls'.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

You pick your moments. There's not much point in asking a question that's going to get a snappy answer which says nothing and just sours your relationship with a manager.

I'm sure questions will be asked at the pre-match this week regarding loans, when the dust has settled and Cotterill is probably in better mood.

As I said, the ball is always in the manager's court. If you want good answers in a pre-match when you're likely to get them, you don't piss off the manager a few days beforehand just so OTIB doesn't think you 'look like you've got no balls'.

I can't remember a time when he's been pressed, they are shit scared of him full stop and the interviews are boring and predictable.

Archived