IGNORED

simon cox.... im sorry!

Spoons

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Or he could just be too overweight to be considered?

He's an athlete, they train every day of their lives. He may not be "match ready" but he can manage 45 minutes of as football game.

It's another one of those football myths that get recycled.

Yea I've said it before. In his longest run for us against Fulham he had about 15-20 minutes. He assisted the goal and constantly found little pockets of space and played quick passes out. Thought he could've played the Freeman position quite comfortably but it never happened. 

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Keith Burt signed him and SC didn't want him.

If this is true, then there are some serious internal issues within the club again.. This would also fit with the way I perceive the way that SC manages this club.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Keith Burt signed him and SC didn't want him.

If true, why is this happening? Surely they should be on the same page. Surely Cotts told him he doesn't want him. Surely KB is telling the board I'm bringing in quality and it isn't getting played. Odd spell here but I do believe he could've added to our squad. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Yea I've said it before. In his longest run for us against Fulham he had about 15-20 minutes. He assisted the goal and constantly found little pockets of space and played quick passes out. Thought he could've played the Freeman position quite comfortably but it never happened. 

I don't think he got that long. And the 'assist' was a completely mishit shot. If you think he looked good against Fulham then you have low standards.

26 minutes ago, Spoons said:

can only apologise on behalf of fans i know about the way you have been treated, truly the most embarrassing / baffling signing ever regards minutes played. I'm afraid you fell victim to internal politics.

I really hate this

Somebody apologising on behalf of others

Its not our fault the way he has been treated so no need for us fans to apologise

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't think he got that long. And the 'assist' was a completely mishit shot. If you think he looked good against Fulham then you have low standards.

I've watched city all year. So you know where my standards lie. And again we looked a better side and more likely in that spell. Always an excuse with everyone. Don't think it was a shot. Looked a pass to me. That's an opinion. Fact is we were poor that day and we scored while he was on the pitch. He found more dangerous spots than Freeman did that day. All that while "out of shape." If we would've started him for 10-12 games while he was here I have no doubt our goals scored record would be at least slightly better. 

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Interesting if true. Am I right in thinking that Burt was brought here under SOD's administration?

Always assumed that Burt and Cotterill had a good relationship. If what you say is true, this could explain a lot about our transfer failings.

he was bought her by SL as he had previous of working with SC. To be fair to KB he has had issues but takes a lot of flak which I my opinion SC is due to take. Simon cox played 38 minutes in 21 games, to blame this on fitness is embarrassing. The bloke is 12 stone wet through!! Hardly fat! But heard from someone in media dept that SC was not responsible for Simon cox signing, when I asked again, KB name was given

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

What I'd would give for a mishit shot leading to a goal just now...

Actually, scratch that; I'd just take the shot.

And let us be fair; to critique Cox's appearance against Fulham when the rest of the team capitulated like a pub side in the first half is rich - I refuse to slag off Cox, as I've simply no idea what he could have added to the side.

End of the day; he's heading back to his club, and will be interesting to see if the new Reading manager gives him any game time, and how he does.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

and you base your opinion on simon cox on that!! This is someone who has scored goals in prem let alone a cert for relegation from championship!

Just now, Spoons said:

he was bought her by SL as he had previous of working with SC. To be fair to KB he has had issues but takes a lot of flak which I my opinion SC is due to take. Simon cox played 38 minutes in 21 games, to blame this on fitness is embarrassing. The bloke is 12 stone wet through!! Hardly fat! But heard from someone in media dept that SC was not responsible for Simon cox signing, when I asked again, KB name was given

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. One thing I think the majority of city fans can agree on is that even with our threadbare squad, to keep using the same 11 week in and week out barring injuries is wrong.

Irony is a few years ago Cox was someone I would've quite liked to have seen in a city shirt. Then we get him (albeit after injury issues) and he disappears into the twilight zone.

I don't care which one of them made the decision, either way it reflects badly on Cott's. It also fits right in with how SC comes across.... petulant and stubborn !  One minute he's moaning of a lack of bodies, and proves it by leaving the bench light *stamps feet !  Then when the man in charge of recruitment comes up with someone, and I guess a striker was asked for, he spits the dummy and doesn't play him !

Now, the fitness thing doesn't fly. When Agard was 'not fit' for 90mins we were crying out for anyone and there were times this season when one or both forwards have been dead on their feet and all they get is a  minute rest at the end of the game??? Bizarre !

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I've watched city all year. So you know where my standards lie. And again we looked a better side and more likely in that spell. Always an excuse with everyone. Don't think it was a shot. Looked a pass to me. That's an opinion. Fact is we were poor that day and we scored while he was on the pitch. He found more dangerous spots than Freeman did that day. All that while "out of shape." If we would've started him for 10-12 games while he was here I have no doubt our goals scored record would be at least slightly better. 

Apologies are due - I looked at Player highlights -  it does look like it was a purposeful ball, and does not appear to have been mishit like I remembered. Also he didn't look overweight, and for the brief seconds of highlights he was in he was taking up good positions on the pitch . I think I've just been wanting to believe the manager had a good excuse for not giving him any game time. 

As mentioned it's seems a plausible explanation, Keith burt has done a few interviews in respect of transfer windows etc.  Nothing for around 12 months I think.

Sems to be a very strained relationship with the hierarchy and management, not sure if it's broken promises but would love for someone to explain to us what is going on or has gone on.  We just keep coming up with Chinese whispers.

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

Total of 1 goal in the Premiership

Max 10 goals in one season in the Championship.

Made his name in League 1 with 32 goals in one season.

Hardly prolific at this level which is why Reading let him come on loan here.

and he's not good enough for us? Or even worthy of getting 30 mins as sub??

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

I very much doubt that is the case.

i very much doubt that i would have said what i said with out telling the truth from a high up source from within the club. And hi if you reading this but couldn't bite my tounge any longer!

3 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

With the greatest of respect to the OP, are we really taking that as fact because someone on the forum said so???

thanks for the respect, im telling you 100% that I've been told this from a high up paid employee of media team. First time I've ever said anything like this but im angry. I will get in trouble for this but don't care.

Archived