IGNORED

Some positives

southvillekiddy

Gutted, despite calling on Divvy, that we couldn't get it over the line today. But I  think we looked more dangerous than them throughout.

What nobody can deny is that that group of players still have the spirit to survive, they gave everything today.

If that pedestrian outfit is a mid-table team we matched them and with the addition of 3 or 4 decent players this month we can make it.

45 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Gutted, despite calling on Divvy, that we couldn't get it over the line today. But I  think we looked more dangerous than them throughout.

What nobody can deny is that that group of players still have the spirit to survive, they gave everything today.

If that pedestrian outfit is a mid-table team we matched them and with the addition of 3 or 4 decent players this month we can make it.

Totally get what you mean mate, but we can't really look dangerous with zero shots on target...

5 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Couldn't agree with you more. Sad to see players face down in the pitch at the end but if showed what it means to our club. 

If we stick together, fans, players and manager we will be fine. 

Agree and with @southvillekiddy Cheers for the drink in three guineas. Keep the faith!

Little to cheer. Best team won . Reading not miles better than us. With a new manager and a different philosophy and a couple of top drawer signings we will stay up with a little to spare. Supporters brilliant today. Surprised to hear the boos for Cotts at the end I think possibly the supporters are starting to turn. No shots or goals hope this changes Tuesday 

59 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Only mid table because of a very strong start. They'd lost 7 of their last 10 games and there wasn't a better time to play them than today with their confidence on the floor.

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Were you at the game by any chance? we most certainly didn't look the more dangerous side!!

Think it's called wishful thinking. Finding those players will be much easier said then done, and with the loanees going back, we still have a small squad. We may get it right, we may just have to rely on there being 3 worse teams than us. Today was a shocking game, we huffed and puffed, didn't create much, zero shots on target, and JK endlessly offside. What else we saw today, yet again, was opponents who use a squad, with timely substitutions to try and change the game.

We can have all the "togetherness" we like, but it's goals, quality and an ability to defend that gets you points.

16 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Were you at the game by any chance? we most certainly didn't look the more dangerous side!!

Yes I was at the game and you are entitled to your opinion as well. The stats don't reveal that we had several near misses including a powerful shot from Bennett which was narrowly wide and ironically very similiar to the position from which pedestrian Reading, plastic football club, scored. For all his faults , most notably his inability to put someone else in who is in a better position, Kodjia was the most dangerous attacker on the pitch.

16 hours ago, allyolly said:

Couldn't agree with you more. Sad to see players face down in the pitch at the end but if showed what it means to our club. 

If we stick together, fans, players and manager we will be fine. 

I think the players and manager will stick together right to the end

So will most of the fans

But there seems a lot of fans on here with no fight in them who have given up already

10 minutes ago, ciderup said:

With all respect, the only stat that matters is Reading 1- Bristol City 0. 

I would agree if we were not in our current situation. But we lost that game so narrowly that we have to hope a few signings will get us over the line.

Like many on here i'm appalled at the ineptness of our set-up but that group of players, despite all that, have not caved in. Right now that is all we have to hang onto

I was at the game yesterday and thought generally we were poor and how can you deserve anything from the game with no shots on target.

The decision to keep Wilbraham on the pitch was baffling.

I was in the "keep Cotterill" camp until yesterday but think I am changing my mind now.

We played well against a very ordinary QPR but could'nt beat them and Charlton were abysmal and we could'nt beat them either.

If we have a decent transfer window (doubtful) We may have a chance.

So in reply to the OP I am finding it difficult to find any positives.

11 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

So will most of the fans

But there seems a lot of fans on here with no fight in them who have given up already

Agree. Far easier to come on here in that whiney/moany/defeatest way

I have been watching this club for nearly fifty years and most of those years have been average at best.

I will support the club but I will not accept the ineptitude of the club ( whoever was at fault) in the summer transfer window.

I would be a lot more optimistic if there were signs of improvement but there are none whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

So will most of the fans

Quite agree, it's not poor defending, weak midfield, a struggling attack, lack of depth, predictable tactics, and poor recruitment that have caused the problem. It's the fans who point out the obvious failings that are the problem! Shame on us, get those rose tinted Bristol Sport glasses next time you are in the shop!

Archived