IGNORED

Let's face it, we will be relegated

reddogkev

Controversial to say so at this stage of the season? 

Perhaps, but I've accepted it today, and I reckon that quite a few of us have based on what I've read.

Of course, there's still 60 odd points out there, but honestly, I can't see us winning more than 5 games, and it seems that Preston and MK Dons will soon pull away from us, which is truly shocking to contemplate based upon last season.

Just can't get my head around why we even bothered last year.

Conspiracy theory alarm bells ringing - but from the outside looking in, it almost seems that SC wants to relegate BCFC as a consequence of the summer fallout and supposed internal disputes.  It sounds stupid to even put such words to paper, but how else can SC's failings and tactical stubbornness be explained?  After all, this is a man who has managed several teams at this level.  The repeated failure to integrate the loanees and use them effectively is bizarre to say the least.

(By the way, my God I hope and pray that I am wrong and this thread turns out to be utter tripe!)

This season has so far has got to be up there with the worst collapses I've seen after such a success last year.... This club certainly knows how to let it self down that for sure and haven't even got the balls or the brains to change things... 

What do we do now? let Cotts take us down or spend some serious cash and move this club forward? we all know the answer to that!!

Very brave.

Dont expect proper debate or any respect for voicing an opinion on an open forum. The agenda on here was clearly set at the the start if the season.

This has been one of the most embarrassing seasons of my 30 years of consciously following city. Just a balls up from start to finish. Amazed that people have let it pan out the way it has do far.

Once this season is over we can chat about it without fear. 

Just now, 054123 said:

Very brave.

Dont expect proper debate or any respect for voicing an opinion on an open forum. The agenda on here was clearly set at the the start if the season.

This has been one of the most embarrassing seasons of my 30 years of consciously following city. Just a balls up from start to finish. Amazed that people have let it pan out the way it has do far.

AMEN BROTHER

I can't say with any confidence anymore that we will avoid the drop.

You have to say - at this point in time - that the writing appears to be on the wall. We are certainly bearing all the hallmarks of a side doomed to relegation; continuous last minute droppage of points. Chances not being taken, not enough goals, leaky defence. The confidence has been eroding slowly throughout the season, but very soon it will be shot completely. Very, very worrying times for a side which thrived on confidence in playing expansive football, not grinding out results.. This festive period has completely changed my opinion on where we are at. This team will go down, of that I'm now pretty sure... my hopes now lie solely in a newly invigorated team following the january window with enough clout to send us up the table.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Very brave.

Certainly the most disappointing season I've ever known, especially after last year.  The club fooled me, deluded me into thinking we were on the verge of something exciting. 

Without Kodjia scoring goals anymore, we will go down without so much as a whimper.

I'm usually one of the happy clapper brigade but I do think that relegation is looking more likely. Reasons for this being:-

- We are in the bottom 3 and already looking like battling with 3 other teams in a mini league of 4 teams at the bottom of the league

- Other than Huddersfield we haven't beaten any of the bottom teams (drawn with Bolton, MK, Preston, Charlton and lost to Rotherham). You have to win the majority of those games.

- Where we have played well in some games so far this season we still haven't got the 3 points or even in most cases a single point. 

- We aren't scoring many goals and are conceding far too many. To address both of those issues in half a season is going to be very unlikely

- We are going to struggle to attract the players  in the January window with where we are especially as we struggled back in the summer.

- Our squad is so small that players are now starting to tire and performance levels will likely drop.

- Even if we bring in some new players will they gel in time for us to get out of trouble

I really hope I'm just suffering the post Christmas blues but I think we need one hell of a January transfer window to get out of our current predicament

I just can't agree with this. I see there has been a handful games we've been beaten out of, but most are just those fine fine margins. A few signings will mean our players can rest, and wont get those 90th minute tired legs. Eventually the luck will lift as will the confidence and the pressure. I am sure we will stay up. I just think we are a better side than MK/Charlton/Rotherham/Bolton. Keep the faith, keep em up!

Its not the disappointment as such nor the loosing,  I'm used to that. Its how we have embarrassed ourselves as a club. I don't believe we have anybody directly involved who knows what there doing.

If we end up in the same div as the gas next year then what has the last 15 years been about? 

Don't talk the talk if you do not have the faintest idea how to walk the walk. That's what's embarrassing.

I've supported Landown  since day one but this season has shaken my faith so badly in how football operations are run.

2 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I just can't agree with this. I see there has been a handful games we've been beaten out of, but most are just those fine fine margins. A few signings will mean our players can rest, and wont get those 90th minute tired legs. Eventually the luck will lift as will the confidence and the pressure. I am sure we will stay up. I just think we are a better side than MK/Charlton/Rotherham/Bolton. Keep the faith, keep em up!

But where are these "few signings"? They don't seem to be arriving anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

But we can't go on saying we should have got something out of that game or this game. The facts are we haven't and the reason we haven't is that we aren't scoring enough goals and are conceding too many. If you are struggling with one of those 2 you can maybe address that with a signing or 2 but address both is going to be a very tough challenge indeed (not saying it isn't possible)

As for us being better than the teams you mention. We haven't beaten any of them so far so how we can say we are better than any of them?

6 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I will support yhis club every day of my life and no matter what i believe every loss or goal conceded hurts the same.

The thing is time is running out on your point of view.

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Certainly the most disappointing season I've ever known, especially after last year.  The club fooled me, deluded me into thinking we were on the verge of something exciting. 

Without Kodjia scoring goals anymore, we will go down without so much as a whimper.

The most disappointing season you've ever known? You must be young!

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

"Fine margins" Matt? Look at our goal difference.....

Indeed. The worst GD in our division and worse than everyone of the other 91 in the entire league, except for Colchester.

Not to worry: 'this group of players' are 'excellent'.

Well I haven't accepted anything. We're in the relegation zone on goal difference with 63 points left to play for. Yes, we have been poor, but despite that the table shows we still have a realistic chance of survival.

I don't understand why we are so willing to write our own team off, but not those around us with a similar return of points from the same number of games. If we have problems then clearly they do too.

This month is huge. Most games we are losing, we are losing by fine margins. Today was a good example. Even just one or two good signings could tip the balance in our favour in some of those games. I would also argue that we have more financial clout to improve the side than our relegation rivals.

I'm not burying my head in the sand - our situation is perilous, without a doubt. But to accept relegation on January 2nd with 21 games to go, is simply ridiculous.

As bad as it is (and I agree it is pretty bad) I still think we have much better team player for player than 3 years ago. What seems to have changed is that the rest of the Championship has moved further forward since our last relegation.

But I reckon we'll stay up.

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

"Fine margins" Matt? Look at our goal difference.....

That's why he said MOST games are fine margins, not ALL. Our goal difference is largely down to the handful of games where we've been soundly beaten. There have been many other games where we've dropped points where the difference between the sides has been minimal, and some cases where we have looked the superior side. The goal difference alone does not tell the whole story.

22 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I agree with the original poster, we're going down. But to be honest, it'll be nice to see us win a few games and be able to compete.

Clearly we just weren't ready for it this time. We need to learn from this. 

FFS how could we not be ready? We had a team in league 1 glittered with young players who romped the league, we've never had a better chance to really go for it in the championship and we completely blew it.

5 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

FFS how could we not be ready? We had a team in league 1 glittered with young players who romped the league, we've never had a better chance to really go for it in the championship and we completely blew it.

Agree 100% Realistically we were promoted some time before the season end. We had longer than any other team to prepare. You're right, we blew it.

22 minutes ago, Xiled said:

As bad as it is (and I agree it is pretty bad) I still think we have much better team player for player than 3 years ago. What seems to have changed is that the rest of the Championship has moved further forward since our last relegation.

But I reckon we'll stay up.

I am not convinced that the current team is better than 3 years ago.

The players then, such as Heaton, Adomah, Stead, Pitman and Skuse, weren't bad at all. The problem then, as now, is due to off the field issues.

From what I've seen this season there is a fine margin between success & failure & we've been in most of those matches.

We have been guilty of being naive and not streetwise enough and without strengthening in this window will be disastrous. 

Changing the manager now will be calamitous as its too late to start again with someone new.

What we need is to build on what we have.

This group of players has taken us as far as it can.

The GD has been from those handful of games (Fulham, Burnley and the likes). There has been so many fine games (charlton, reading, Ipswich, QPR, Hull, Bolton, Cardiff, Dons off top of my head) That have been 1 goal from more points. Just think it's that edge, I think we all accept the summer was a **** up but we just got to move on. I like the lads we have, but we need to give them support and a rest and competition. I think that fresh edge, fresher legs and team feel can make those margins turn. This leagues incredibly tight. We're in the zone on goal difference.....it's hardly Aston Villa. Long way to go, let's go again but this half of the season lets pick up 3 more points than the first half, that's all the difference is really!! Gettin rid of Cotts will achieve nothing, even if we went down, has he not shown that he can handle L1 pretty well?? But I don't believe it, we got some good lads, let's not forget last year too quickly! (If nothing else the effort of all is spot on)

I believe, as things stand right now that we are going down.

However, things change. We are not yet cut adrift from teams above us and a good transfer window would be more than welcome.

The -22 GD is a worry that only wins can alleviate. I suspect we require 4 to 5 new players in the next four weeks, players of a sufficient calibre to

help us escape from the bottom six. This does not include League 1 standard players that we have to get up to speed, so forget your Dack's and Bradshaws.

We desperately need experience at this level in the short term. We have 22 games to remain a Championship club. We require twice as many wins in the

remaining games as we've had in the previous 24. We need experience as well as ability.

Is Steve Cotterill the man for the task? I really don't know. Last season will live long in the memory but nothing in football stands still. I don't like his refusal

to change things, I don't like his subs policy. In short I believe he is doing himself out of a job. I have no idea why, although I'd love to ask him on a 1-2-1 basis.

We can't change things, we can't influence things. No one listens to the fans, especially in the corporate environment that BCFC has become.

Archived