IGNORED

So?......what happened?

Robbored

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Tomarse needed to do some essential maintenance and so as it was going to be a quiet day picked yesterday. 

Quiet day yesterday? Had the entire close season transfer window for 'essential maintenance', why it had to be done on a day where we sent some loan players home is just bonkers!

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quiet day yesterday? Had the entire close season transfer window for 'essential maintenance', why it had to be done on a day where we sent some loan players home is just bonkers!

The loan players went back on Saturday. It was that or the forum continually breaks all season. Your choice. 

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The loan players went back on Saturday. It was that or the forum continually breaks all season. Your choice. 

Don't worry Tom your work is appreciated by most. Christ it's like cold turkey for some on here. 

Think it should be off for a week personally. Give everyone the chance to cleanse.

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is a fans forum. Not a business critical hosted system. Get a grip.

IT o does not wait for quiet periods and maintenance is needed outside of normal maintenance windows if issues arise.

Question, how has this forum being unavailable adversely affected you?

It's not like you haven't been paid!!!#

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

It is a fans forum. Not a business critical hosted system. Get a grip.

IT o does not wait for quiet periods and maintenance is needed outside of normal maintenance windows if issues arise.

Question, how has this forum being unavailable adversely affected you?

It's not like you haven't been paid!!!#

Indeed.  Free site looked after by volunteers

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hey Rob

Why not pay the £5 and become an OTIB supporter?

Alternatively, try not criticise a service run by volunteers who for some reason or another give up their time and  operate on a thin air budget.

:facepalm:

Oh- I get it..... if you get enough adverse comments- it's a whoooosh, right?

I thought there was a problem with the Forum, as on Saturday I couldn't post anything on the match day thread. I could read it, but when I tried to reply to posts, the reply box was stuck on a photo that was posted of the Reading pitch.  So I wasn't surprised when it didn't work yesterday.   Still thanks for all your hard work Tom, keeping me and other exiles posted.

Think the mods do an outstanding job, both on the technical and admin. side. Bravo.

Just wondering though whether OTIB supporters could get an email or whatever advising of forum maintenance and likely 'down time'. Might encourage others to sign up with that type of approach. 

That said, the mods are doing things in their spare time and any extra burden is something, no doubt, they could do without.

Got to admit, like others had my hopes,  the message board had crashed under the weight of 'welcome' postings to our batch of new signings. Seems though we've returned to our sloath-like transfer window dealings of the past, so we might as well close the board until the loan window opens and then we can all re-gather to greet the disinterested, don't-want-to-be-here journey men, crocks and 'party-time' premier academy youth. 

Archived