IGNORED

Making a Murderer

'Orns

Anyone else watching this on Netflix?

We are 6 episodes in, I'm still expecting this to be a figment of someone's imagination rather than a real life situation

Don't post any spoilers, but wondering if anyone else is watching it and thinking the same??

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

What happened to all of the people who worked together to convict him originally? Did they just get off because of the second arrest?  

Dolly, you seem to imply you have something of interest to read or view, if so please send me to me! 

The first line is something that intrigues me too, Dave. Got two more episodes to go, so we know the outcome of the Steven Avery's trial, poor Brendan up next. He's not the sharpest, is he?!

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don't get too excited, I have no insider information.  I haven't even watched the show, I just had a conversation with a friend who had watched it and then read up about it.

It's just something you might want to do when you have seen it all.

Ready when you are Dolls, finished the program last night......

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don't get too excited, I have no insider information.  I haven't even watched the show, I just had a conversation with a friend who had watched it and then read up about it.

It's just something you might want to do when you have seen it all.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Ready when you are Dolls, finished the program last night......

I watched the first two and then got the impression the final 8 episodes might be a bit slow and just focus on him being framed, so I googled his name to find out what had happened to him and felt vindicated.  

Are the episodes any good?

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I watched the first two and then got the impression the final 8 episodes might be a bit slow and just focus on him being framed, so I googled his name to find out what had happened to him and felt vindicated.  

Are the episodes any good?

I really enjoyed it. There was something in every episode that made it worthwhile watching. Although I would happily have done the same as you, I think you can see how it's going to go! It's just a fit up from start to finish. Some of the things that are said about the Avery family are disgusting. Although, you have to wander how much it's been edited, if the prosecution done a series about the case it would look completely different I suspect!

11 hours ago, KeithWelch'sTash said:

In not convinced Steven is innocent but I don't think you could convict him based on what we saw. 

What happened to Brendan was the real shocker for me! 

Great series. Really thought provoking 

Yeah, know what you mean. It's the lack of blood where the murder 'took place'. As far as I could tell, there was none.......

Definite retrial at minimum for Steven. As for Brendan, the poor kid never stood a chance, did he? Not intelligent enough to realise what was happening to him, poor ******

Just finished episode 7 last night, I genuinely cannot believe this trial has been thrown out yet. The amount of lies, false statements, inconsistent statements just makes me angry. The clear evidence that his blood was placed in the car is obvious, the clear evidence that Lenk and Colburn placed her key in his bedroom was obvious. The tampering and contamination of the bullets that was found in his garage after a THIRD time the FBI went searching his house.

Another thing is imo the state kind of ****** up with the whole Brendan Dassey angle, the kid is literally too stupid to be called on as a vital witness, changing his story literally every 2 minutes, he doesn't have a clue what's going on.

14 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Just finished episode 7 last night, I genuinely cannot believe this trial has been thrown out yet. The amount of lies, false statements, inconsistent statements just makes me angry. The clear evidence that his blood was placed in the car is obvious, the clear evidence that Lenk and Colburn placed her key in his bedroom was obvious. The tampering and contamination of the bullets that was found in his garage after a THIRD time the FBI went searching his house.

Another thing is imo the state kind of ****** up with the whole Brendan Dassey angle, the kid is literally too stupid to be called on as a vital witness, changing his story literally every 2 minutes, he doesn't have a clue what's going on.

It's 'must watch' tv, but not for the usual reasons

An absolute fit up on Steven, with the nephew led in to say what they needed in order to send him down. I said to the missus, I get Teresa's family need to see someone pay, but could they not see the holes in this? And if anyone has ever sat in a court room looking as un-guilty as Steven I'd like to see him. He looks almost stunned by it. Let me know when you're finished, there's a podcast that you might want to listen to, throws up a potential theory......

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It's 'must watch' tv, but not for the usual reasons

An absolute fit up on Steven, with the nephew led in to say what they needed in order to send him down. I said to the missus, I get Teresa's family need to see someone pay, but could they not see the holes in this? And if anyone has ever sat in a court room looking as un-guilty as Steven I'd like to see him. He looks almost stunned by it. Let me know when you're finished, there's a podcast that you might want to listen to, throws up a potential theory......

Teresa's brothers clear dislike for Steven is strange he's been sat in the courtroom hearing streams of evidence showing it's a complete set up. They're making Steven look like a criminal mastermind, in truth he's not the cleverest.  I should be done in a few days, trying to savour it.

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Teresa's brothers clear dislike for Steven is strange he's been sat in the courtroom hearing streams of evidence showing it's a complete set up. They're making Steven look like a criminal mastermind, in truth he's not the cleverest.  I should be done in a few days, trying to savour it.

An odd word to use 'savour', but I know exactly what you mean! If a writer had written the script they'd be hailed as a genius. Watched Silent Witness last night......how turgid it's become now, and not a patch on real life!

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

An odd word to use 'savour', but I know exactly what you mean! If a writer had written the script they'd be hailed as a genius. Watched Silent Witness last night......how turgid it's become now, and not a patch on real life!

I was saying to my mate it's like a dodgy cops and robbers television show! You ever seen True Detective? Reminds me a lot of that show

38 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Hey Woodsy, just finished episode 10 last night.  I'd love to listen to that podcast.

Hope this works - http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/play/26620518/

Should be Darkness Radio, Making a Murderer 'the twist'. If it doesn't work look for Darkness Radio on a podcast app, I use pocketcasts

Might be worth getting episode 6 up on the tv about 12 mins in, and have a computer nearby to do some googling.....I'll say no more!

Let me know what you think

Have to say it's an interesting theory, and could well possibly be the answer to this fascinating puzzle. I've never been in a court of law, I assume they most have a book which logs who was ther in the court on the date of the trial? Plus I have a slight hunch the guy in the podcast is trying to promote his book. However zero DNA evidence or clues suggests Ed Edwards killed Theresa so we will probably never know. He sounds a sick demented monster though.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 20:15, Iron Man said:

Will listen soon. Looking forward to it. Just been reading and analysing the aftermath of the documentary, some key evidence was cut out of the documentary which doesn't look good for Stevens case

That's the thing with the show, it's all from one side. Would be interested to see Mantiwoc version, someone must be making that film right now, surely?

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 21:58, Iron Man said:

Have to say it's an interesting theory, and could well possibly be the answer to this fascinating puzzle. I've never been in a court of law, I assume they most have a book which logs who was ther in the court on the date of the trial? Plus I have a slight hunch the guy in the podcast is trying to promote his book. However zero DNA evidence or clues suggests Ed Edwards killed Theresa so we will probably never know. He sounds a sick demented monster though.

Definitely a book to sell, but there is a slight resemblance there. There wasn't much DNA evidence that pointed to Steven, either! Whoever pulled it off has done a hell of a job, kudos to them, in a strange way!

Started watching it a couple of days ago but only just finished episode 3, I know the documentary is biased towards avery but to me something doesn't add up. 

With regards to brendan he seemed to be coerched and lead down the garden path by the police, you could tell he had no idea (or very little) about what was happening and just told the police what he thought they wanted to hear.

Anyway going to carry on watching the rest and see if my opinion changes.

18 hours ago, BCFC Taunton1 said:

Started watching it a couple of days ago but only just finished episode 3, I know the documentary is biased towards avery but to me something doesn't add up. 

With regards to brendan he seemed to be coerched and lead down the garden path by the police, you could tell he had no idea (or very little) about what was happening and just told the police what he thought they wanted to hear.

Anyway going to carry on watching the rest and see if my opinion changes.

Keep watching my friend.....let me know what you think when you're done

Archived