IGNORED

Is Nathan Baker Out for Long Term

MarkRed!

Here is some thought to cheer us all up - the return El Abd's seems to coincide with Liam Moore being sent (rightly) back to Leics but more worryingly with Baker being injured at Reading. He was all set to stay with Swindon. Again, no news on the extent of Baker's injury has been released by the club (surprise, surprise). Could it be that Baker has  a serious tear and may be out for some time? He does have a dodgy injury record with the Villa. With Williams also suffering with a knee injury, that means we need a CB - hence EL Abd's return. Pretty dire scenario that El And would be expected to come back into the city side and play given that he has clearly been given the nod that he is not wanted..... This season just gets better....

4 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Here is some thought to cheer us all up - the return El Abd's seems to coincide with Liam Moore being sent (rightly) back to Leics but more worryingly with Baker being injured at Reading. He was all set to stay with Swindon. Again, no news on the extent of Baker's injury has been released by the club (surprise, surprise). Could it be that Baker has  a serious tear and may be out for some time? He does have a dodgy injury record with the Villa. With Williams also suffering with a knee injury, that means we need a CB - hence EL Abd's return. Pretty dire scenario that El And would be expected to come back into the city side and play given that he has clearly been given the nod that he is not wanted..... This season just gets better....

Liam Moore's treatment since his loan here is symptomatic of our issues this season. He could have been the player to sort us out defensively but was marginalised. 

I wish I had your faith in Baker.  He strikes me as lacking commitment.  Barging someone over or kicking someone up in the air is not a sign of strength - it's a defender playing to the crowd.  He's ducked out of 2 away games with injuries that healed almost immediately and got himself sent off stupidly in another game.  Watching the side do their warm up before the Reading game he literally didn't bother with the thing they do just before the game starts on the touchline with cones.  As if he's just too good for it.

BTW, I really hope I'm proved wrong but I have the horrible feeling he'll let us down badly at some point, I've no doubt Liam Moore will show that he's a very good player with another Championship side. 

As I said on a thread a few weeks ago, name me a realistic and better possible defensive signing than Liam Moore?  I'm all eyes and ears..

Archived