IGNORED

Thinking Ahead.......

Harry

18 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Look i guess i can share whats pretty much in the public domain with a bit of common sense added.

so both Bobby and Wes are contracted until June.

the club does have an option which it must exercise by the latest one month preceding the date of the end of the contract..

in this case May 16

As far as the terms of that option, yes the club can insist, but the terms and remuneration will already have been set in the original deal and apply, should the option be exercised.

the key thing to remember here though, is that no club wants its assets to be wound down into the final year with both parties looking over their shoulder.

unless of course the player/s dont figure in the plan, in which case why bother to extend.?

Thanks for confirming the option clause.

I guess that perversely if the club were relegated both players might benefit in terms of the possibility of more game time.

If the club remains in the Championship with the same manager then it appears that opportunities would remain limited.

I'll hazard a guess that at least one of the players will already think his future lies elsewhere.....and I wish him well.

Archived