IGNORED

Who on here wants to play for us on Saturday

CyderInACan

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

IF chosen I would simply do the following (or at least try to)

- Pretend to speak to Cottrell and then tell players we are now going 442, I would put myself at right midfield and probably be subbed for Burns... 

Bryan Flint Baker  Ayling

Freeman Smith Pack Blit

Kodjia Wilbs

Well look on the bright side, if your subbed for wes, means you are sure to get 90+ minutes

hope your match fit !,,!

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

I once played in a team that won 29-2. I was the only player, including our keeper, who didn't score, and we got a rollicking from the manager for conceding 2.(I was centre half). Surely my place is a shoe in.

Your failure to keep a clean sheet makes you quite an attractive signing.

Please can you advise us of your hopelessly ambitious personal terms.

52 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I am a midfield dynamo, slightly overweight for my age but certainly able to take the field for 2 minutes if required by SC. Although, not really a sprinter, I would sit inside the hole in front of the back three and attempt to give direction to my out of position colleagues. If I was required to pass the ball, I am comfortable on the ball and would simply pass it sideways and backwards in accordance with our free flowing passing style. What I would bring though SC, if nothing else, is a commitment to the cause and the full knowledge that I would not be with you for very long.... 

Are you Kilkenny ? 

37 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Your failure to keep a clean sheet makes you quite an attractive signing.

Please can you advise us of your hopelessly ambitious personal terms.

As per name, just a slice of Marmite toast and a rub down with a damp kipper.

19 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Me me me ME!! <•¥¥.

Down, Horace! At four, you're far too old for first team football. SC might let you sit on the bench, though...

He'll be like the lower league Messi.

Assuming we are basing skills on hibernation and that for world class sleeping potential we decide that Messi is really called Bagpuss.

34 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Me me me ME!! <•¥¥.

Down, Horace! At four, you're far too old for first team football. SC might let you sit on the bench, though...

Bring back Roger Malone!

"That boy Horace has been a thorn in their side all afternoon!"

(Producer) "That's almost witty Roge"

(Malone) "eh?"

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He'll be like the lower league Messi.

Assuming we are basing skills on hibernation and that for world class sleeping potential we decide that Messi is really called Bagpuss.

He would, however, require a signing-on fee of a box of candied slugs and twenty slugs a week thereafter. I'll waive my agent's cut. 

This is an absolutely ridiculous thread because we would not get in the team at all . I should know, having just finished a loan spell at Swindon and previously at Bury. I am happier going to Cribbs to spend my wage at John Lewis.....to be honest I still put everything on my Brighton and Hove American Express card, they havent noticed I've gone yet :yawn:

2 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

This is an absolutely ridiculous thread because we would not get in the team at all . I should know, having just finished a loan spell at Swindon and previously at Bury. I am happier going to Cribbs to spend my wage at John Lewis.....to be honest I still put everything on my Brighton and Hove American Express card, they havent noticed I've gone yet :yawn:

'Like' isn't a strong enough word here!!

2 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Well look on the bright side, if your subbed for wes, means you are sure to get 90+ minutes

hope your match fit !,,!

Point is, is Wes and does he fancy his chances of getting a game of more than ninety seconds if we only have 11 fit?

I too wore the Bristol City kit for a Lloyds Bank National Cup game v Blackburn Region. We borrowed the kit from a mate who played for local side Exeter Utd. City used to give them there old kits. 

We lost 3-1 in extra time. We had a couple of gas heads in our team, one of which refused to wear the keepers top, insisting on wearing a shell suit jacket instead!

The Blackburn team were full of ringers. We played them at Darwen FC's ground. What a shithole. 

Elliott Bennett - if you decide to get your new kitchen fitted in a house in Darwen then fair play to you....you deserve the wages you're getting if you put up with living there!!!

Right I'm a very young 49 and a slender 15 stone.

The right leg is shagged because of an RTA and I once had the misfortune of being banned  from playing for a year because of a incident with the ref in a Stroud league cup match.

Forgetting all of the above I'm up for it !

I would like to sit on the bench along side Cotts so on 75 mins I can say can you not see his knackered that bloke is up front for us.

Some of the stuff people are coming up with on this thread is hilarious.

I'm no footballer myself but I have won the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup multiple times with Bristol City on Football Manager 2016, so maybe I'd be a suitable replacement for Cotts as a whole? ;)

I used to be secretary (and left back) of a Sunday pub team.  We often struggled to get a full eleven together and so I'm aware of how to be creative with team sheets.

Me: Right John, you look good in the air, take the far post at corners.

Ralph: John, who's John?

Me: You are!  John. You play up front for us

Ralph: Oh yeah, right.

I reckon I could pass off as Derrick assuming WBA buy the awful illness that has made me put on two stone and change skin colour.

I might even make 90 seconds activity.  I'll bring my boots and shin pads.

PS This is only working if I can wear long sleeves and gloves.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I too wore the Bristol City kit for a Lloyds Bank National Cup game v Blackburn Region. We borrowed the kit from a mate who played for local side Exeter Utd. City used to give them there old kits. 

We lost 3-1 in extra time. We had a couple of gas heads in our team, one of which refused to wear the keepers top, insisting on wearing a shell suit jacket instead!

The Blackburn team were full of ringers. We played them at Darwen FC's ground. What a shithole. 

Elliott Bennett - if you decide to get your new kitchen fitted in a house in Darwen then fair play to you....you deserve the wages you're getting if you put up with living there!!!

Didn't they used to play home games in Ashton Park? Whatever happened to them? 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn't they used to play home games in Ashton Park? Whatever happened to them? 

Yes, they did.....think they morphed into Ashton Rangers, and finally merged with Backwell Utd in the Toolstation League.

i think Clevedon Town may have spawned from Old Ashtonians initially.  I'm sure some one will correct me if not.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, they did.....think they morphed into Ashton Rangers, and finally merged with Backwell Utd in the Toolstation League.

i think Clevedon Town may have spawned from Old Ashtonians initially.  I'm sure some one will correct me if not.

I always wondered why they were called Exeter though - any ideawls? 

Archived