IGNORED

Who on here wants to play for us on Saturday

CyderInACan

Seeing as we are woefully short of players for Saturday, and Cotts doesn't realise we've got an U21 team and an Academy, I think it's about time we stopped speculating on which professional footballers we might be interested in (but who will ultimately sign for Preston, QPR or Wolves) - and actually managed to put forward a member of our very own OTIB Community to be in the matchday squad on Saturday. 

The most liked poster will automatically be included in the matchday squad for the games at WBA, Preston & M'boro. Probably. So just post below with why you think YOU should play for us saturday, sit back & make sure your boots are dubbinned and your phone is on. 

I'll start the ball rolling by admitting that my best days are behind me (clearly not an issue for a loan deal, at the very least) but I have won silverware during my career so I know what success feels like, pretty sure one championship winning season saw me notch 30 goals in a prolific striking partnership at the time. I can also boast that I know the difference between who our OWNER is and who our CHAIRMAN is. But I'm not sure who buys our players. I have no connection with Tillburg but I do own a few stickers. 

I think I'd be great! 

IF chosen I would simply do the following (or at least try to)

- Pretend to speak to Cottrell and then tell players we are now going 442, I would put myself at right midfield and probably be subbed for Burns... 

Bryan Flint Baker  Ayling

Freeman Smith Pack Blit

Kodjia Wilbs

I'd happily play, got a 100% won record in games played (unfortunately that's only 1), but I'll be down in Portsmouth watching Bristol Manor Farm vs Moneyfields in the FA Vase on Saturday.

Position wise I'd slot in for Pack, even if that means I take the abuse he would normally receive, and at 20 I got room to develop.

Having played in a City strip in the past, (British Home Stores vs Boots in 1972, I've no idea how we managed to borrow the kit) I must be suitably qualified.  I've got a bit of a cold at the moment, a dodgy knee and rapidly approaching my 60th birthday, but I've no doubt that my very limited football playing experience and my lack of knowledge of tactics would cause considerable confusion to the opposition which may work in our favour! :)  

Funny you should start this thread , i was having tea at Steve's Channel Island palace when he asked me if i'd bring my boots Saturday .

I was going to say i'd be delighted ( i've just had a super new kitchen fitted and could n't be happier ) when my mobile rang and my old boss asked me to join him .

i am a great fan of LS Lowry and fancy a stretch in the gritty , smoky industrial heartland so i had to décline Steve's kind offer.

I also noticed that there were no cream biscuits on offer at the Lansdown's and i must confess that largely swayed my decision.

5 minutes ago, Eynsham Red said:

Having played in a City strip in the past, (British Home Stores vs Boots in 1972, I've no idea how we managed to borrow the kit) I must be suitably qualified.  I've got a bit of a cold at the moment, a dodgy knee and rapidly approaching my 60th birthday, but I've no doubt that my very limited football playing experience and my lack of knowledge of tactics would cause considerable confusion to the opposition which may work in our favour! :)  

Who won? And who did you play for?

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Who won? And who did you play for?

I played for BHS (Saturday boy in the frozen food dept.)  I've got absolutely no recollection of the result, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't score.  I think that I would have remembered scoring when wearing a City shirt, and bragged about it regularly, but avoiding mentioning BHS!

6 minutes ago, Eynsham Red said:

I played for BHS (Saturday boy in the frozen food dept.)  I've got absolutely no recollection of the result, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't score.  I think that I would have remembered scoring when wearing a City shirt, and bragged about it regularly, but avoiding mentioning BHS!

What sort of sporting footwear did Boots fashion on that day?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll bet the Boots physio had a much better equipped kit-bag to that of their BHS counterpart.

One probably had a complete pharmacy to call upon, the other a bit of HRT and a range of carpet slippers.

Bags of frozen peas from the BHS Freezer (Marc Goodfellow?) Dept would've come in handy though in the absence of the magic sponge. 

I picked up some silverware in the Stroud & District Youth League, the Neath League and the old Welsh League back in the day.  I'm pretty sure that I still have the George Best Gola Matchmaker boots out in the shed somewhere.  I model my game on Geoff Merrick but, to be fair, I'm half expecting a call from Preston.

I am a midfield dynamo, slightly overweight for my age but certainly able to take the field for 2 minutes if required by SC. Although, not really a sprinter, I would sit inside the hole in front of the back three and attempt to give direction to my out of position colleagues. If I was required to pass the ball, I am comfortable on the ball and would simply pass it sideways and backwards in accordance with our free flowing passing style. What I would bring though SC, if nothing else, is a commitment to the cause and the full knowledge that I would not be with you for very long.... 

I'm 61 3/4 have a a dodgy knee, had surgery just before Christmas, am probably a stone overweight, have to clean through the house on Saturday mornings and have a 3 hour drive to get to Bristol.

Probably makes me one of the first on the team sheet at the moment!

Archived