IGNORED

Sit where you like?

Real Red

I take it that you sit wherever at West Brom tomorrow like most away games, would it be different as it is a sell out? Otherwise our group and probably many others will be scattered everywhere as tickets were bought separately.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Real Red said:

I take it that you sit wherever at West Brom tomorrow like most away games, would it be different as it is a sell out? Otherwise our group and probably many others will be scattered everywhere as tickets were bought separately.

Fully expect it to be to sit in exact seat purchased

The end is a sell out so there isn't room for people to fill empty areas, and West Brom will be used to having a full away end

Will also mean those people that DID buy seats together, will be sat together

10 minutes ago, Cider red said:

You will no doubt get a few, that's my seat sit down I cant see daytrippers

I would agree with you if it wasn't a sell out, but when it's a sell out it's unfair on those who arrive late and have allocated seats to have to search out the few empty seats remaining in the entire stand.

Great, bought a ticket as a ST holder, restricted to one per sale. Then when on general sale bought a ticket for daughter who will now be sat nowhere near me. Guy in ticket office had no idea where the second ticket bought would be!  Great benefit for ST holder

Just now, Real Red said:

Great, bought a ticket as a ST holder, restricted to one per sale. Then when on general sale bought a ticket for daughter who will now be sat nowhere near me. Guy in ticket office had no idea where the second ticket bought would be!  Great benefit for ST holder

Within that many people I'm sure you'll find 2 spaces if you look around on the day - inevitably a few people won't make the game for whatever reason 

you will always get 100 or so fans going straight to the back of the stand, happened at Reading. Had the older generation sat at the back before the game, but as it started were forced to stand due to everyone else standing. I feel for them but surely it would be better for them to go nearer the front and allow the standers at the back. Causes more trouble setting 'sit in your seat' rather that unreserved seating.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Real Red said:

Hate to say, not really a fault of our club if WBA enforce where to sit.

I too wanted to get a group of people sat together so as some aren't ST holders, purchased them when they went on general sale

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to say, not really a fault of our club if WBA enforce where to sit.

I too wanted to get a group of people sat together so as some aren't ST holders, purchased them when they went on general sale

Yeh that's what I should of done in retrospect

Always a tricky subject, especially for sell outs. I'm sure everyone of whichever preference can see reasoning behind each others arguments on it. Think someone mentioned that Stoke away policy they mention that if you want to sit down mainly then pick / ask for seats lower down but I think we just get given a batch in general and they are just dished out. You get a way better atmosphere when the singers can congregate together but if various groups all arrive different times its also a bit of a mess as everyone is pressing towards the back at different times. Wembley was meant to have a singing section. I made sure I got tickets in there but there were quite a few around me not really getting into it which was annoying so even if they did that for this you'd probably have people buying tickets not where they really want. Only real way of going about it is specifying on tickets its unreseved and then recommending fans who want to make sure they can see and parents with young kids go nearer the front. We've ousted their Smethwick Rd end season ticket holders who would normally be next to away fans. A few are saying Millennium Corner in their end should be lively now so hopefully I'm somewhere near there if that's where all the singing and banter is from both sets of fans. Enjoy the game everyone and whether you are sat or standing let's make some noise and do ourselves proud.

1 hour ago, Real Red said:

So are you suggesting that being a s/t holder should entitle you to two tickets each away game?

This topic has been discussed quite a lot with two big away followings in two weeks.

No doubt come Saturday evening there will be complaints of people wanting to use their allocated seat which may be at the back of the stand. Ideally all 5300 of us will be standing the whole match and singing but in reality we know that doesn't happen with city. The best I've seen it recently was MK Dons last year.

I really feel that it is up to club to try and help with this situation. I think it has been mentioned on another thread about what Stoke do for away matches which essentially splits up the allocation into top half of the stand or bottom stand (or essentially standing or sitting). Could this be tried out for the next big away following (Charlton or MK)?

I'm going with my 8 year old and if you're standing in front of him or my misses or my mother I'm gonna ask you to sit if it is reserved. I'd gladly sit in the front but if it's not up to me I can't do anything about it and you aren't gonna ruin it for my mother and child who are going to their first football match as they aren't from here.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm going with my 8 year old and if you're standing in front of him or my misses or my mother I'm gonna ask you to sit if it is reserved. I'd gladly sit in the front but if it's not up to me I can't do anything about it and you aren't gonna ruin it for my mother and child who are going to their first football match as they aren't from here.

That's the problem; hence why the Stoke idea is a good one. Got to say though, good luck asking a group of cidered up lads standing and singing in front of you to sit down..

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's the problem; hence why the Stoke idea is a good one. Got to say though, good luck asking a group of cidered up lads standing and singing in front of you to sit down..

Stoke idea is a very good one. I bought the tickets with the intent to get there early and sit up front and still will but if I can't then there'd be a problem if those in front can't sit. Everyone has paid the same so why should my family not enjoy it because someone else wants their money's worth? 

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

controversial opinion probably but here goes.. As a dad of two young kids I wouldn't be choosing WBA away for my 8 year olds first game? My eldest was 5 when she watched her first game tho season Mk dons at home.

Big crowd etc might be a bit overwhelming for a 8 year Old especially if it gets nasty up there. And having been there many times and been caught up in trouble and add in west midlands finest, probably not the best choice?.

Just now, Spoons said:

controversial opinion probably but here goes.. As a dad of two young kids I wouldn't be choosing WBA away for my 8 year olds first game? My eldest was 5 when she watched her first game tho season Mk dons at home.

Big crowd etc might be a bit overwhelming for a 8 year Old especially if it gets nasty up there. And having been there many times and been caught up in trouble and add in west midlands finest, probably not the best choice?.

I am American and live here in Bristol. He's visiting for 2 weeks from Texas and the choice was Reading away or WB away. We had plans for the 2nd already. So it was the only choice and it really shouldn't matter what the trip is. It's a sport and entertainment for all

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Stoke idea is a very good one. I bought the tickets with the intent to get there early and sit up front and still will but if I can't then there'd be a problem if those in front can't sit. Everyone has paid the same so why should my family not enjoy it because someone else wants their money's worth? 

Agree with you - everyone entitled to same enjoyment and experience. In my eyes way club can do this is by implementing stoke idea. Stops any fuss and everyone enjoys their day.

Hope your family have a good time and a good view up there. I'm not going tomorrow but went in our playoff season, it's a good view from that stand.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree with you - everyone entitled to same enjoyment and experience. In my eyes way club can do this is by implementing stoke idea. Stops any fuss and everyone enjoys their day.

Hope your family have a good time and a good view up there. I'm not going tomorrow but went in our playoff season, it's a good view from that stand.

Cheers. I'm sure it will be fine. Went to Birmingham away and was a big crowd but all was good from my point of view there. Different circumstance and crowds now but I'll make it work. 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I will head straight for the back. However if asked to move I will do so fuss free.

I'm totally in favour of all standing up, it undoubtedly improves the atmosphere. But your approach could cause problems, if you're asked to move and then there is someone in your designated seat what happens then? If they agree to move there will undoubtedly be someone else in their seat and so on. An unfortunate consequence of a sold out big following is people deciding where they want to sit first causing a ripple effect of irritation.

Never had these worries in the good old terrace days...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm totally in favour of all standing up, it undoubtedly improves the atmosphere. But your approach could cause problems, if you're asked to move and then there is someone in your designated seat what happens then? If they agree to move there will undoubtedly be someone else in their seat and so on. An unfortunate consequence of a sold out big following is people deciding where they want to sit first causing a ripple effect of irritation.

Never had these worries in the good old terrace days...

Could just ask them if they want to swap tickets.

Archived