IGNORED

Sit where you like?

Real Red

3 minutes ago, totterdown cidered said:

Great following from us, hopefully a decent atmosphere in our end.

Anyone remember the league game back in 99 (i think) when it all kicked off as they decided not to Police the game!!!

yep! Under the stand at half time was pretty tasty!

And I'm all for standing it's just that for this particular match my mother won't be able to stand for 90, my son could maybe see while stood on his seat and my misses would have trouble seeing as she's short. If I'm at the back I would gladly switch with 4 wanting to stand that are closer to the front.

17 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Could just ask them if they want to swap tickets.

Done this a few times and they've been fine with it! Although Preston last season had a couple people demanding there seat to sit in. We moved down two seats so they could sit there, every one stood while they were sat down.
Didn't see them again in the second half :facepalm:

I like the Stoke idea and I see both sides of the argument here.  But as things stand, the fairest and least selfish solution for everyone is to sit/stand in your allocated seat.  If that means you're not with your mates, that's unfortunate, but it also means groups that have organised themselves to sit/stand together will get to do so.  It basically boils down to thinking about others instead of just yourself, which many people seem to struggle with.

That said, I do sympathise with the one-ticket-per-STH issue, which does need to be looked at for these situations.

3 hours ago, Cider red said:

You will no doubt get a few, that's my seat sit down I cant see daytrippers

That mentality winds me up so much.

It's an all seated stadium and I'd be rightly annoyed if I couldn't sit with the people I bought tickets with/travelled with because someone thinks he has a divine right to sit where they like.

Newsflash - you don't.

We had a similar problem at Reading, as always at away games we head towards the back and stand wherever there is space, unfortunately on this occasion there were a couple sat behind us with 3 young children (couldn't have been older than 8/9) who continually asked us to sit down throughout the game because they couldn't see.

Now I understand sometimes people who have never been to a game before would head straight for their designated seats, but despite being 'advised' by more than a few people that there were plenty of empty seats further down the stand where they could sit in comfort with a good view they point blank refused to move and can't have ended up seeing too much of the game.

I appreciate that certain circumstances (such as West Brom) dictate that you have to sit/stand in designated seats, but at the end of the day common sense should prevail.

It seems as though Stoke have got this one spot on in designating standing and seating areas, top idea and credit to them for that.

4 hours ago, Real Red said:

Great, bought a ticket as a ST holder, restricted to one per sale. Then when on general sale bought a ticket for daughter who will now be sat nowhere near me. Guy in ticket office had no idea where the second ticket bought would be!  Great benefit for ST holder

I held back till genral sale for this very reason. Hope you can sort something out. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

How do you guys get on with that when united are in town and all of them stood? Likewise most other prem teams 

Which United? Same rules for all they know score. Celebration of Goals not a problem but nobody does it the whole game as it 2 warnings 3rd is ejection. Same for most prem grounds and the price of the tickets it daft to do

2 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Which United? Same rules for all they know score. Celebration of Goals not a problem but nobody does it the whole game as it 2 warnings 3rd is ejection. Same for most prem grounds and the price of the tickets it daft to do

I don't want city to get to the prem if it's like that then :blink:

6 hours ago, Real Red said:

I take it that you sit wherever at West Brom tomorrow like most away games, would it be different as it is a sell out? Otherwise our group and probably many others will be scattered everywhere as tickets were bought separately.

I will be with my kids, so if someone is in my seat I will be asking them to move. 

Just now, BS3_RED said:

I will be with my kids, so if someone is in my seat I will be asking them to move. 

Nah mate, you can't expect to turn up on your day trip, sit in the seat you've paid for an enjoy the view without standing for an hour and a half.

Christ, who do you think you are?

15 minutes ago, Claude said:

Will never understand how someone can be happy sitting down the whole game..

You can tell the fans that go to more away games, they're usually at the back singing their hearts out. Rather than the "that's my seat" fans 

believe me I'm a fan who goes him and away. You get both sorts of supporters at away games. To say people who sing and don't sit in there seat are any better than people who want to sit in an allocated seat is strange.

personally I prefer to stand but be realistic on a away day like this .

2 hours ago, KingLear said:

We had a similar problem at Reading, as always at away games we head towards the back and stand wherever there is space, unfortunately on this occasion there were a couple sat behind us with 3 young children (couldn't have been older than 8/9) who continually asked us to sit down throughout the game because they couldn't see.

Now I understand sometimes people who have never been to a game before would head straight for their designated seats, but despite being 'advised' by more than a few people that there were plenty of empty seats further down the stand where they could sit in comfort with a good view they point blank refused to move and can't have ended up seeing too much of the game.

I appreciate that certain circumstances (such as West Brom) dictate that you have to sit/stand in designated seats, but at the end of the day common sense should prevail.

It seems as though Stoke have got this one spot on in designating standing and seating areas, top idea and credit to them for that.

So their day was effectively ruined because they had the cheek to sit in the seats they purchased?

As much as I dislike many facets of 'modern football' - if someone buys a seat they have every right to sit in it and not be told to move somewhere else.

It wouldn't be tolerated at a gig or the theatre or many other sporting venues. If a section is 'unreserved seating' then fine, it's a free for all. But why can't people just sit in the seats they've bought if it's not unreserved?

As I said, a lot of stuff about modern football really annoys me. Sitting down is one of them. But it's here to stay so why ruin the day out for other people by deciding to sit where you want?

For what it's worth, I think all away sections should be unreserved seating, then nobody can have any complaints. Sit where you want, what's wrong with that? It would also make ticket printing cheaper!

2 hours ago, KingLear said:

I like to stand at away games but if I see there are kids aged 8/9 behind me I would never stand up in front of them.. That's just ignorant. Especially as there were in there correct seats and you were probably not??

people have to realise football fans are all different and support the team in different ways and peoples support shouldn't be judged on how loud you sing and how long you stood up for!

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

believe me I'm a fan who goes him and away. You get both sorts of supporters at away games. To say people who sing and don't sit in there seat are any better than people who want to sit in an allocated seat is strange.

personally I prefer to stand but be realistic on a away day like this .

I don't just find this strange, it's irritating.

I personally prefer to stand and sing at away matches too, but the "i'm a better fan because I stand", "I'm a better fan because I want the Robin badge", "I'm the better fan because I go to the back" stuff is silly.  

loads of different people go to football for loads of different reasons.

I want to stand, but if I'm in front of children I'll sit so they can see, it's not because I'm not a football fan, it's because I'm not a c***.

43 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Manchester United - they never sit. I watched them on Sky vs you early last year (Berahino scored a great goal) and they certainly weren't. Same for Spurs, Everton, Villa, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham.. Are you really saying their support sits?? I don't think so.

Got absolutely nothing against people sitting down, it's their money, they choose how they want to the enjoy the match. 

I just wish we as a club and fanbase stood up more. I just find it odd sitting down at football! 

But that's just me.

Archived