IGNORED

A message from West Midlands Police

Super

9 hours ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

Didn't go (no idea why not), but this lady in the video wasn't happy: 

I have not seen this before, but I was right next to the person it happened to, we were going down a walkway outside the ground when a horse came running down and hit the person square on from the back and went straight over the top of them, I had heard the horse coming and ran out of the way to one side. Other people went to the person who was laid flats out to assist, so did not see the outcome.

sometimes fans deserve what they from the police, but with WMP they are the ones who start it

25 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

sometimes fans deserve what they from the police, but with WMP they are the ones who start it

I'm in this camp. As a law abiding citizen as you can get and full respect for all our security services.

But as you say, WMP really do sometimes push it. Even S Yorkshire bunch aren't as bad, and that's saying something.

It's not an anti-police thing. We're the same group of fans that travel to other police authoities (Met; Manc; other large forces) & we don't get treated quite this way elsewhere. Why are WMP so angry???? :boxing:

10 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

I would imagine being a copper can be a very tough job. However, my previous experiences with the West Midlands police force at football leads me to believe you lot are in for a spot of bother whether you want it or not.

I read that message as 'We're right up for this one'

Good luck to those travelling tomorrow (except on the pitch obviously!)

And can I just add btw, I was chatting to a City mate today who tells me you are taking over 5000 tomorrow, which I admit is pretty impressive, and may even get close to what we will be taking to Barnet tomorrow.

Yes exactly how I read it. Nuts! 

Yes I know how tough it can be to be a copper, but this lot seem to be given cart Blanche when it comes to City and the club blithely posted that message as if did not have a very serious undertone. I guess we will see what happens and the FC probably have little choice but to issue a statement presented by the WMP, but really!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes exactly how I read it. Nuts! 

Yes I know how tough it can be to be a copper, but this lot seem to be given cart Blanche when it comes to City and the club blithely posted that message as if did not have a very serious undertone. I guess we will see what happens and the FC probably have little choice but to issue a statement presented by the WMP, but really!

I'm not best pleased that the club decided to share the message. Wasn't necessary and will make no difference.

Law abiding fans don't need to see it. For those intent in causing trouble, they'll hardly now move to the corporate boxes with a bottle of Chateaux-Neuf du Pape.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not best pleased that the club decided to share the message. Wasn't necessary and will make no difference.

Law abiding fans don't need to see it. For those intent in causing trouble, they'll hardly now move to the corporate boxes with a bottle of Chateaux-Neuf du Pape.

No way I might end up having to share mine!

They were uncharacteristically. ...well ...nice actually. ...walked around the pub in brum a couple of times, then brought the old drugs dog in, to have a sniff but apart from that they seem to keep well in the background...  Thank you WMP.for not being the arseholes you usually are and for not ruining get what was a jolly good day out....

28 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

They were uncharacteristically. ...well ...nice actually. ...walked around the pub in brum a couple of times, then brought the old drugs dog in, to have a sniff but apart from that they seem to keep well in the background...  Thank you WMP.for not being the arseholes you usually are and for not ruining get what was a jolly good day out....

Good to hear. Cheap tickets, big attendance, good game and less police interference = everyone has a great day. 

9 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Southern League Premier, a whole division above the likes of Mangotsfield and Yate, so nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be :)

My mistake; I'm still caught up in our draw away to Premier League - not Southern Premier League by the way - West Brom.

Just remind me how you got on at home to West Brom the last time you played them in the cup?..,,

Archived