IGNORED

The Official West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

It's the FA cup and we weren't expected to win! That's a rubbish attitude, no points or anything lost and now we host a Premier League team at the gate and with a full house we can take them. Well done to the players and the fans!!

Fair play for the optimism, but I was ready to say that this game was the turn of the corner. Instead the exact same problem of not being able to hold on rears its head again. 

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

It's the FA cup and we weren't expected to win! That's a rubbish attitude, no points or anything lost and now we host a Premier League team at the gate and with a full house we can take them. Well done to the players and the fans!!

Absolutely. We`re in the draw Monday and none of us expected that. If they`d been 2-1 up and we`d equalised everyone would have been raving about it.

Haters gotta hate I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Blimey people on here giving city stick? We just got a replay against a proven premier league side. Obviously annoying to draw but we were always going to be under pressure.

It's the way it happened - another injury time goal conceded.  We would have a very different reaction here to a 2-2 draw if we had scored the injury time goal to draw!

It's a funny old game!

Seeing as we just played the second half with a keeper with no first team experience I'd say a draw away to a Premiership side was none too shoddy.

I doubt the players will be anywhere near as damaged as they would have been by the Charlton score, either.

Let's hope we have one or two new faces by Tuesday and get the win we need.

• Like 4

Fair play to the team today.  Yes, it's a real shame to concede at the death, but to look at the positives, it shows that we can score goals and make a come back from being one down.  They have to take heart from this game and lets not forget, against a PL team and away from home. Fingers crossed we can carry this forward to the next game.

COYR

• Like 2

Disappointing not to win, particularly in that manner but sounded like a great performance. 

Incredible support (sounded amazing on RB and mentions all over the BBC of the great support). Subs made early and appropriately, top scorer bags his first against premier league opponents, Wes plays and from what I read set up the second goal. 

Now we are in the 4th round draw, welcome WBA to the Gate and all this with a team we know needs some work. 

Holding a Premiership team away from home is not to be sniffed at. You'd have taken it before kick-off so don't let the last minute goal cloud it. That's football.

Good result and some good positive advertising for the club during the transfer window. Well played lads. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This forum is amazing, how many would have taken a 2-2 draw away to prem team before the kick off, a prem team with a 25mil striker on the bench, come on get real, it would have been nice to win of course it would and it’s disappointing, but please.

At least the imaginary ITK’s and the wannabe coaches will feel better tonight.

No forgetting that if WBA could finish they`d have been out of sight by half time

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This forum is amazing, how many would have taken a 2-2 draw away to prem team before the kick off, a prem team with a 25mil striker on the bench, come on get real, it would have been nice to win of course it would and it’s disappointing, but please.

At least the imaginary ITK’s and the wannabe coaches will feel better tonight.

To be fair I think most sensible fans will, on reflection, be very proud of the effort today. 

But it's the natural reaction to go so near and yet so far again, and to lose the result in added time for the third straight game is so disappointing. 

Plus the extra game is literally the last thing we need right now. 

Fair play to the boys today though, didn't deserve that. 

To the people giving me stick, fair enough. Perhaps I should be applauding the team - what with O Leary coming in and the performance, it was inspiring for a long while.

I just feel like we should be allowed to expect to hold out a game to the end. Ok, maybe not this one - Premier League team etc etc. However, I've kept from complaining after watching both the Reading and Charlton games. Now I've had enough. 

Cue posts of "brave effort from the lads"etc. Fair enough and they deserve a lot of credit but three times in four games is absolutely beyond a joke and I can't help but feel kinda let down that this has happened again. 

Never mind, we only would have drawn Hull away in the next round.

Now for 3 days of positivity and optimism on this forum until half time against Preston when we are 2-0 down.

Midnight here waiting for a red eye flight.... No sound just reading the otib pages and of course i was expecting the equaliser, thats a given with City, but i was not expecting us to be ahead in the first place.... Boy that sounds like a stupid remark from the likes of David Pleat.

in the hat... Well done City.... By and large. They need a third barn door at the back of that i am certain.

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Cue posts of "brave effort from the lads"etc. Fair enough and they deserve a lot of credit but three times in four games is absolutely beyond a joke and I can't help but feel kinda let down that this has happened again. 

Now for 3 days of positivity and optimism on this forum until half time against Preston when we are 2-0 down.

What is wong with you?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Midnight here waiting for a red eye flight.... No sound just reading the otib pages and of course i was expecting the equaliser, thats a given with City, but i was not expecting us to be ahead in the first place.... Boy that sounds like a stupid remark from the likes of David Pleat.

in the hat... Well done City.... By and large. They need a third barn door at the back of that i am certain.

Perhaps we should have placed all 11 players on the line for that free kick!!!

5 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

We're still in the hat so that's still a possibility! 

Gutted this has happened again but we played well against a prem side. It will always be gutting when the opposition equalise that late in the game. 

Bringing the game home should give us the upper hand but whether it actually happens like that is a completely different story. Hopefully we'll fill the stands and give our boys the support they need.