IGNORED

The Official West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:
1 minute ago, cynic said:

Why do you bother ?

I suppose at least you have a good laugh when we lose or concede a late equaliser.

Supporter ? Yeah, right.

To the people giving me stick, fair enough. Perhaps I should be applauding the team - what with O Leary coming in and the performance, it was inspiring for a long while.

I just feel like we should be allowed to expect to hold out a game to the end. Ok, maybe not this one - Premier League team etc etc. However, I've kept from complaining after watching both the Reading and Charlton games. Now I've had enough. 

I think its safe to say that sadly there is a minority of our fans that take pleasure in City's struggles.  Should we start to improve our fortunes i think a number of people would struggle to cope.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Why do you bother ?

I suppose at least you have a good laugh when we lose or concede a late equaliser.

Supporter ? Yeah, right.

How about you go f★★k yourself. All you ever do is attack other posters. What kind of sad life do you lead? Seriously? Go back into your sewer.

As I said, good effort from the lads. Just learn to hold on for goodness sake for all our sanity!!

I was advocating playing the kids, but thankfully I'm not the manager, and the team went for it - as other have said; proud of them.

Utterly gutting to once again concede in the dying seconds; it's an absolutely terrible habit to have, but considering everyone (including me) pegged us as getting destroyed, it says a lot about the way we went for it that this was a decent Premier League team who had to get back on level terms with us.

Onwards Tuesday; it's so, so important we win that game, and I hope the efforts today don't set us back for that one.

And hope the fact both substitutes were involved in the goal that put us ahead makes SC throw them on more often, and that Fielding is okay; no shame or blame on O'Leary, who at least got his debut.

If Zac Clough was watching, hope he might be impressed with that - wonder if he'll be in the door in time to be involved against WBA at home? 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair I think most sensible fans will, on reflection, be very proud of the effort today. 

But it's the natural reaction to go so near and yet so far again, and to lose the result in added time for the third straight game is so disappointing. 

Plus the extra game is literally the last thing we need right now. 

Fair play to the boys today though, didn't deserve that. 

it's a natural reaction to feel that emotion, I felt the same myself of course I did but embarrassing to actually post it IMO.

Just now, ten minutes of rough said:

Laughing so hard when we are denied a win for starters , followed by the next post you made, you have to be on a wind up, sort it out or perhaps City are not for you. 

Aren't you the guy that gets totally wierd when people take the Micky out of rovers?

As another poster said, sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry. We all love this club, passions can run high especially after the 3rd stoppage time equalizer in 4 games. If the likes of cynic and yourselves can't accept people airing their opinions and think you are some kind of thought police then perhaps you are best not posting here.

Also what makes the moaning even more silly is our academy keeper played 45 minutes and Agard and Burns were brought on, everything most moaners have craved and still they moan, I don't get it, today was an opportunity to forget the woes of our season so far and let's be honest 2-2 away to a prem team must have surely have exceeded the expectations of most BCFC fans?.

Good points:

- Fans were loud

- Sounded like we matched them on the radio

- Had a depleted squad

- Played a young player for his debut for half an hour, didn't get rogered

-Might look a little better to potential transfer targets

Bad Points:

-Drew (Even then, this means a replay against a premier league team at home)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think its safe to say that sadly there is a minority of our fans that take pleasure in City's struggles.  Should we start to improve our fortunes i think a number of people would struggle to cope.

If you're inferring that I am one of these fans, you're very wrong. I am fuming. 

Also, I get that people are rallying and are happy with the performance, I really do. Compared to some of the other games we've played, this is clearly a standout display. 

Conceding a goal in the very last seconds against a team once can be considered unfortunate, particularly against a team full of internationals. When you add that to the other two games, though, it surely highlights a fundamental problem that needs to be fixed.

It's not like we have a sub-par defence. In fact, I will go on record that Baker is our best player and is too good for us. Similarly, Flint, Ayling and the full-backs are more than worthy of playing in this league. You could suggest that the midfield is too open (don't worry, I won't let this become a Pack debate), but if that were really the case then we'd be getting tanked every week. Strikers not scoring enough was proved completely wrong today. The introduction of O Leary also proves that you can't lay the blame on Fielding.

Surely, then, it's either a combination of all those things, OR a psychological issue, or both.

I'm NOT laying into the team, at least not any more. I think it's great that we get a replay at home, I think it's great that we battled well enough to get in front after being behind, and I'm very happy that our strikers are firing again.

That said, I stand by what I said before: It is Inexcusable to concede in the final minute of stoppage time on so many occasions. I actually believe that as a team we're only a couple of players away from being able to compete, but if we let this habit get the better of us, we haven't got a hope.

Anyway, COYR, Always Believe, let me be a bit angry and then I'll be back on your side.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Also what makes the moaning even more silly is our academy keeper played 45 minutes and Agard and Burns were brought on, everything most moaners have craved and still they moan, I don't get it, today was an opportunity to forget the woes of our season so far and let's be honest 2-2 away to a prem team must have surely have exceeded the expectations of most BCFC fans?.

I'm not sure there are really too many moaners tonight.

Having an initial reaction of disappointment is natural given the timing of the equaliser.

As you say, we got subs on earlier than normal, we held a Prem team at their place. And our fans who made the trip made laods of noise and really got behind the team - well done all! 

3 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

The ref favoured wba in most 50-50 tackles and was giving them everthing towards the end. Even pulled 4 mins added time out his ass which they scored in 5th minute. Always gunna struggle not to concede late on when that happens.

Yes! According to RB the ref actually played 5 and a half minutes added time.

1 minute ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

We were a bit soft in every tackle though :(

True but once the game got on we started tackling a lot better and getting stuck in. Just a shame refs give freekicks one way and dont give it the other for the exact same foul. 

Also thought foster looked awful, 1st game of season but still. He should be nowhere near going to france next summer

24 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Aren't you the guy that gets totally wierd when people take the Micky out of rovers?

As another poster said, sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry. We all love this club, passions can run high especially after the 3rd stoppage time equalizer in 4 games. If the likes of cynic and yourselves can't accept people airing their opinions and think you are some kind of thought police then perhaps you are best not posting here.

I post here because I support City. Whatever reasons you might have is for you, but you come over as a bit of a type that doesn't really care and quick to take the p1ss. 

What I say about Rovers is coming home to roost, with age comes wisdom and a lifetime of supporting City teaches you never to count your chickens.