IGNORED

Can Garita play today.......

extonsred

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think they are really, obviously because he's an unknown quantity and as Kodjia was a success people are intrigued. Don't think anyone is expecting too much just yet though. 

Kodjia was top scorer in a team that got promoted into Ligue 1 last season, and won that league's player of the season award.

To be fair to this lad, I hope he's a success, but I'm certainly not as excited about his arrival in comparison.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Kodjia was top scorer in a team that got promoted into Ligue 1 last season, and won that league's player of the season award.

To be fair to this lad, I hope he's a success, but I'm certainly not as excited about his arrival in comparison.

What I mean is, presumably he's a discovery by the same scout as Kodjia. Obviously people will associate the two players both coming from France. Whilst they might not make the same impact immediately, people will always be intrigued by an unknown quantity.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What I mean is, presumably he's a discovery by the same scout as Kodjia. Obviously people will associate the two players both coming from France. Whilst they might not make the same impact immediately, people will always be intrigued by an unknown quantity.

Sure, though I don't know about them being from the same scout; not like they play for the same club, and Kodjia will have been relatively big news compared to this lad last year.

As I say; hope he makes that 50k look like a crazy bargain, but let's not go mad here.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

Sure, though I don't know about them being from the same scout; not like they play for the same club, and Kodjia will have been relatively big news compared to this lad last year.

As I say; hope he makes that 50k look like a crazy bargain, but let's not go mad here.

Apparently they were both identified by the same scout which is pretty promising to hear - about time we had proper dedicated European scouting.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Is international clearance required as he is a French citizen with an EU passport ?

I think the paperwork is with the French club to process their end going by SCs interview.

As long as it was all registered in time, he can play today if selected.

International clearance doesn't relate to the player's nationality. It's because he's moving from a club affiliated with one FA to a a club affiliated with a different FA.

It then needs to go through the FIFA Transfer Matching System (http://www.fifatms.com/). The details entered by his former club and us must match and then an International Transfer Certificate can be issued which will allow his registration with the Football Association.

Archived