IGNORED

4 wins in 27 games

Kid in the Riot

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

You probably wrote this post at three o'clock and have been eagerly waiting to press accept ever since.

What horrendous timing mate. 

No, more so I've been abroad for a couple of weeks so only seen the results and heard that things have been getting worse on the pitch if anything...

I did make a point of saying today sounded a more spirited effort - though I'd argue it's come in one of our least important games of the season.

A win percentage of 15% is very bad and I was merely trying to gauge how much longer this could be considered acceptable.

Bad timing, fair enough - onto Preston. 

Still very concerned that we just cannot close out games. Unless we pick up the winning habit pretty soon we will go down.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, more so I've been abroad for a couple of weeks so only seen the results and heard that things have been getting worse on the pitch if anything...

I did make a point of saying today sounded a more spirited effort - though I'd argue it's come in one of our least important games of the season.

A win percentage of 15% is very bad and I was merely trying to gauge how much longer this could be considered acceptable.

Still very concerned that we just cannot close out games. Unless we pick up the winning habit pretty soon we will go down.

Think I'd put any political aspirations on hold, Credibility currently at zero.

7 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Think I'd put any political aspirations on hold, Credibility currently at zero.

s

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So you've been abroad for a couple of weeks and only seen the results?

iv been away for 11 f....in years and the same as any city fan away we f....in keep up.

Where are you North f....in Korea?

Very deceptive if we don't start winning wele be relegated!!

You should be the next man in the changing room to give the all inspiring speech to the boys as we fight to stay up!!!

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Neil Lennon aside what manager survives a run of form like that?

Unfortunately we just cannot close out games.

How long do you give it? 4 wins in 28 games? 4 wins in 30 games? Etc etc

I think Mr Cotterill can consider himself a very lucky boy to still be in a job, especially given the clear divide in opinion on budget between him and the board.

8,500 City fans have travelled to our two away games so far this year and despite a spirited display today deserve so much better than this shambles (and I very much include the board in that).

absolute bastard post!!!!!

2 hours ago, Andy1970 said:

Have to agree with this, I've been thinking it for a while. That said, there's been games where we've dominated and come away with a draw. I'm not one to use 'luck' as an excuse but funk me we've had some of the bad type this season!

That's payback for all the good luck we had last year.

Maybe Kid's timing wasn't great; today's result is a very good one; but it still shouldn't cloud our judgement (even though we may want to wallow in a good moment as long as poss).

Three games in four conceding a last minute goal... Something to be worked on there. Or maybe that's all our last min goals conceded for the year, now.

I think Kid still has a point about Cotts being lucky to have a job. No other club down the bottom - bar MK and they're just grateful to be still in contention, they're not stupid - has tolerated similar (BW can't afford to ask Lennon to leave).

Not the greatest timing, but still valid points no matter what the game.

2 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

That's payback for all the good stuff we had last year.

Maybe Kid's timing wasn't great; today's result is a very good one; but it still shouldn't cloud our judgement (even though we may want to wallow in a good moment as long as poss).

Three games in four conceding a last minute goal... Something to be worked on there. Or maybe that's all our last min goals conceded for the year, now.

I think Kid still has a point about Cotts being lucky to have a job. No other club down the bottom - bar MK and they're just grateful to be still in contention, they're not stupid - has tolerated similar (BW can't afford to ask Lennon to leave).

Not the greatest timing, but still valid points no matter what the game.

That is how football goes when you are top of the league and it's how things have gone this season when your not top of the league.

He might have a point but not today he doesn't, i'd love to know how many put their money on a 2-2 draw, I suspect most would have put it on a home win, that is certainly what I was expecting, it was an unexpected result and one that will hopefully add to the war chest in this window and hopefully any potential signings will not see that our position is hopeless just yet, whatever the doom mongers and the I knew I was right 2 years ago might say.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Congratulations on not being a hysterical sheep @EnclosureSurge

It's just opinions, at the end of the wassname.

We're all entitled to them.

I like your posts, don't always agree with everything, but that's no problem.

I usually swim a little against the tide so often appreciate a post from the other end of the masses.

That said, we've had such little positivity this season it's good to bask in this for 5 mins.

I can't quite work out if a win would have done us a power of good (take it in to Tues) or just get knocked out and save a fixture pile-up (take fresh legs into later league games).

But what is maddening is seeing Wes Burns burn past his man for our 2nd and then realise he won't be starting any time soon. Neither he, nor Reid, for me, are good enough quality to keep us up, but we are at such a stage now where, playing the same old starting XI isn't working, so we might as well try summat else. Even bringing them on with more than single-digit mins/seconds left would be a start

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

That is how football goes when you are top of the league and it's how things have gone this season when your not top of the league.

He might have a point but not today he doesn't, i'd love to know how many put their money on a 2-2 draw, I suspect most would have put it on a home win, that is certainly what I was expecting, it was an unexpected result and one that will hopefully add to the war chest in this window and hopefully any potential signings will not see that our position is hopeless just yet, whatever the doom mongers and the I knew I was right 2 years ago might say.

Actually driving back from the airport today I had a feeling we'd get something. Seem to play better in some of the supposedly tougher games and in front of the Sky cameras.

Makes the no-shows against Bolton, Rotherham, MK Mongs all the more frustrating - is there a motivation issue?

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I dunno, Esmund. You ask my mate 'Endy what I said to him on Monday last ("It wouldn't surprise me if we got a result up there, reckon we will").

Now he's a sensible one (ie doesn't log on here), so you'll have to take my word for it that I said that.

It's just typical of a poor league season to go and get a result in the Cup. Freedom of not playing for pts, week off training with pressure of a league game, nothing to lose against bigger oppo.

Relegation seasons 94/95 and 98/99 both featured heroic (home) FA Cup performances, it's almost inevitably the way.

What we need is, like the inspirational lot today, 5,300 people making some noise on Tuesday night, not just the 200 in the Atyeo.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Actually driving back from the airport today I had a feeling we'd get something. Seem to play better in some of the supposedly tougher games and in front of the Sky cameras.

Makes the no-shows against Bolton, Rotherham, MK Mongs all the more frustrating - is there a motivation issue?

I don't think so and with all due respect to your opinion as much as it might pain you Kid, I believe the squad are still with him and that will be the most important factor in our relegation fight.

There was a very interesting quote by Callum Robinson on twitter when we left, along the lines of 'not the best of loans, but probably one of best/friendliest bunch of players I have ever come across'.

That said I hope to **** he doesn't play against us on Tuesday night, you just know how the script will be written, that in a nutshell is BCFC when things ain't going to well.

PS:- I believe it to be a panic issue because of the way the season has panned out so far, we have failed so far this season to put a single game to bed, even at 2-0 we became shaky in the last 10/20 minutes.

16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He might have a point but not today he doesn't, i'd love to know how many put their money on a 2-2 draw, I suspect most would have put it on a home win

In a somewhat strange twist of irony, one of KITR's best mates put a bet on 2-2. And it was one of the first posts on whatsapp that KITR will have read after landing back in the country. 

Just now, Harry said:

In a somewhat strange twist of irony, one of KITR's best mates put a bet on 2-2. And it was one of the first posts on whatsapp that KITR will have read after landing back in the country. 

indeed irony Harry, but still a strangely timed and ill thought out post IMO, everybody is acutely aware of his and several others thoughts about our manager from day dot, but after a result/performance like today it could and should have been worded more sympathetically.

One poster today on the match thread (who shall remain nameless) slagged the manager off and 2 minutes later we scored our 1st goal, he then shouted for Reid and Burns to be brought on FFS and 2 minutes later his wishes came half true when Agard and Burns were sent on and Agard (the player he didn't want to come on) went on to score our 2nd, so my question is what did SC get wrong today or what more could he have done to deserve that sort of abuse or in fact this OP?.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

indeed irony Harry, but still a strangely timed and ill thought out post IMO, everybody is acutely aware of his and several others thoughts about our manager from day dot, but after a result/performance like today it could and should have been worded more sympathetically.

One poster today on the match thread (who shall remain nameless) slagged the manager off and 2 minutes later we scored our 1st goal, he then shouted for Reid and Burns to be brought on FFS and 2 minutes later his wishes came half true when Agard and Burns were sent on and Agard (the player he didn't want to come on) went on to score our 2nd, so my question is what did SC get wrong today or what more could he have done to deserve that sort of abuse or in fact this OP?.

I agree that KITR's post was poorly timed in terms of the ecstasy of the result that most fans are feeling tonight. However, as he said himself, he's been on holiday and not kept up with recent events on here. Those events being a growing number of fans questioning Mr Cotterill's judgement/credentials. Maybe he just wanted to make a point that he's not been able to over the past 2 weeks, whilst SC has received a lot of questioning comments from many others. 

Bad timing? Yeah, probably, given today's result. But the point made is still hugely valid. 

As for the substitutions made, brilliant. Hopefully Mr Cotterill will realise he has guys on the bench who might actually be able to make a difference in a game. The fact he's been reluctant to change things is one of my biggest criticisms. Maybe we would have picked up 6 points over Charlton & Reading had he used his bench effectively, like he did today. Hopefully a light bulb moment for Mr Cotterill. 

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hang on a minute EMB...that's me you are referring too....nearly everyone on here agrees that SC very rarely subs. I refered to that...( which you call slagging off )...and you said you agreed and felt my pain. So do one on that fella.....

I called for him to put Burns on...he did...and he made an impact straight away. Why hasn't he done it in previous games?

He did today and it worked...at long bloody last.

So don't go having a dig...when it's the first time this season that SC actually made some decently timed subs.

I was overjoyed when he did....plus it was a great result and great atmosphere.

Maybe Kids op wasn't well timed...but today's result and again allowing a last minute goal....shows we can perform but not close out games.

I actually pm'd someone in the week and said we were likely to win this game and the Preston game.

But you can guarantee if we lose on Tuesday, todays 'good feeling' will be diminished again.

4 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

That's how it always should have been, last time I checked he saved us from getting relegated from league 1 and then the next season won us the league 1 title and JPT. We would be no better than a Chelsea or Leeds if we got rid of him. Steve deserves the chance to carry on, in fact he has EARNED IT. 

No. He EARNED IT ( I'm doffing my caps to you) and in terms of results, 4 League wins in 25, Steve Cotterill has spent that credit and a number of clubs would have justfiably sacked a manager with similar statistics, their team in the bottom 3 and facing the real prospect of relegation.

The board are keeping faith with Cotterill because of his excellent achievements in the previous 2 campaigns, but that shouldn't make him fireproof. Cotterill needs to earn the chance to carry on by keeping City in the Championship. And he needs to start winning matches, soon. Otherwise that faith may evaporate.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Neil Lennon aside what manager survives a run of form like that?

Unfortunately we just cannot close out games.

How long do you give it? 4 wins in 28 games? 4 wins in 30 games? Etc etc

I think Mr Cotterill can consider himself a very lucky boy to still be in a job, especially given the clear divide in opinion on budget between him and the board.

8,500 City fans have travelled to our two away games so far this year and despite a spirited display today deserve so much better than this shambles (and I very much include the board in that).

Will mate, that is not a good post, at all.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree that KITR's post was poorly timed in terms of the ecstasy of the result that most fans are feeling tonight. However, as he said himself, he's been on holiday and not kept up with recent events on here. Those events being a growing number of fans questioning Mr Cotterill's judgement/credentials. Maybe he just wanted to make a point that he's not been able to over the past 2 weeks, whilst SC has received a lot of questioning comments from many others. 

Bad timing? Yeah, probably, given today's result. But the point made is still hugely valid. 

As for the substitutions made, brilliant. Hopefully Mr Cotterill will realise he has guys on the bench who might actually be able to make a difference in a game. The fact he's been reluctant to change things is one of my biggest criticisms. Maybe we would have picked up 6 points over Charlton & Reading had he used his bench effectively, like he did today. Hopefully a light bulb moment for Mr Cotterill. 

Harry, I know you and Will don't rate SC, but today was a fantastic day for all concerned with BCFC, supporters, players, manager - every single one of whom gave everything for Bristol City. Can't we just have some positivity for one day and revel in that?

EDIT: you too spudski.

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Harry, I know you and Will don't rate SC, but today was a fantastic day for all concerned with BCFC, supporters, players, manager - every single one of whom gave everything for Bristol City. Can't we just have some positivity for one day and revel in that?

I celebrated every goal...loved our fans...and jumped for joy when SC made the Subs...just deflated we let slip again in the last minute...so was all positive for me as you can see in my above post.

Doesn't deter from the facts of what Kid said though...but i'm gonna continue celebrating and having banter with my Brom mates ;-)

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

...so was all positive for me as you can see in my above post.

Disagree. As I can see from your above post.

Every sentence of praise is followed by a dig and a "I told you so" in the next sentence. I won't lower myself to respond to your invite for me to "do one" either, other than acknowledge it.

Mate, can't you just feel the joy for just one day?

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands".

CLAP CLAP!"

30 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Totally agree Nick. A good result today. 

As I said earlier, I just hope the impact of the substitutes is a lightbulb moment for SC. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Good start........

1 minute ago, Harry said:

As I said earlier, I just hope the impact of the substitutes is a lightbulb moment for SC. 

........ and then you ruined it!

Feel the joy mate just feel the joy, just for today!! Its only 15 minutes left!!

You and Will and spudski maybe have a weekend off and go back to slagging the manager on Monday???!!!

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Hang on a minute EMB...that's me you are referring too....nearly everyone on here agrees that SC very rarely subs. I refered to that...( which you call slagging off )...and you said you agreed and felt my pain. So do one on that fella.....

I called for him to put Burns on...he did...and he made an impact straight away. Why hasn't he done it in previous games?

So don't go having a dig...when it's the first time this season that SC actually made some decently timed subs.

I was overjoyed when he did....plus it was a great result and great atmosphere.

Maybe Kids op wasn't well timed...but today's result and again allowing a last minute goal....shows we can perform but not close out games.

I actually pm'd someone in the week and said we were likely to win this game and the Preston game.

But you can guarantee if we lose on Tuesday, todays 'good feeling' will be diminished again.

I was being ironic with the feel your pain quote (don't do emoji's) I can't believe that you didn't work that one out, take another look at what I said and maybe the penny will drop, when your sober.

This is your idea of good feeling? OK, at least I have a benchmark now.

But you are correct Tuesday is a very big game and needs a positive result, as I said to Kid, I hope that Robinson doesn't play any part because I suspect the way our season has been going, the script will already be written.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I was being ironic with the feel your pain quote (don't do emoji's) I can't believe that you didn't work that one out, take another look at what I said and maybe the penny will drop, when your sober.

This is your idea of good feeling? OK, at least I have a benchmark now.

But you are correct Tuesday is a very big game and needs a positive result, as I said to Kid, I hope that Robinson doesn't play any part because I suspect the way our season has been going, the script will already be written.

:clapping::grr::mf_sleep:

12 hours ago, spudski said:

Not true, Spud. Not quite.

Leeds at home. Agard (71 mins), Burns (55) and Reid (57) brought on at 0-2. Decently timed, decent result.

Not sure there's any other examples, mind!

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Which one - Agard and Burns coming on, and we score; or Wilbs going off and we concede, from a cross into the box?

Archived