IGNORED

Fantastic

Bs4Red

11 minutes ago, Kodjia 22 said:

I feel at the hour mark of most games it's crying out for Wes, send balls into the channel and let the boy run! Fingers crossed he'll be utilised more often and with longer left.

Couldn't agree more, but Cotts is reluctant to take Wilbs off. Not so much for his attacking threat but for his defensive abilities.

He said as much in the post match interview on RB.

Perhaps he should think about converting Wilbs to a CB! It worked for Dion Dublin.

Final 15 mins or so, take off a WB, drop Wilbs into a back 4 and bring on Wes. Sorted!

From what I can see of the second goal, Wes just blasts past the full back. His pace is exceptional and he will often be up against defenders who are knackered, been booked or whatever so using him in his best position (IMO) as an impact sub for MORE than five minutes gets a definite yes from me. On a heavy pitch like yesterday, where the full back`s had most of the game having Mark Little run at him, it`s a no brainer. As far as the defensive argument re Wilbs goes, from what I`ve seen Wes can head a ball as good as anyone so as long as he knows when to track back/defend no problem. If we want to leave someone up for the break, let it be Keiran as he`s just as good an option.

Archived