IGNORED

Today's Away Support

Tomo

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I don't think the Lansdowns and their vip friends will enjoy having 4,000 noisy, hostile fans from one of the likes of United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leeds etc sat directly above them.

10 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I don't think the people in the lower Williams will enjoy allsorts being dropped on them from above either.

I have to agree with these posts, putting away fans in the best seats in the house is a scandalous idea. It messes up the concourse as well as the problems mentioned above just to satisfy the Atyeo dwellers. WTGR to them, if West Brom can clear ST holders from one stand for a one off cup game, we should do the same and give the whole Atyeo to away clubs for cup matches. There would be no need for segregation, would keep the visiting support separate from our fans and leave the other 22,600 seats for City fans and the concourse fully open.

I appreciate the Atyeo mob don't want to move but I, like many others, was hoping to sit in the upper Williams once it's open and, by the same token, we won't want to move either.

Very poor idea, if it's true, given the South stand will have plenty of space from the summer as the old Wiliiams stand brigade will move back en masse.

21 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This discussion about where the away fans will go once the development is finished was done to death a few months ago. Like a lot of things on the forum, its deja vu all over again!

But to many this is new information and completely counter-intuitive.  Not everyone sees every post on this forum.

Having home and away fans above and below each other is undoubtedly stupid, anyone who has traveled to Nottingham Forest will know that.  Not to mention having noisy away fans above the boxes and corporate seating too.  Ateyo is the obvious stand, and the easiest to segregate as they can just have the whole stand.

If one of these big teams came down we would sell out our section anyway, loads of local glory hunters who come to Wembley would come to see a big team.

18 minutes ago, JM91 said:

But to many this is new information and completely counter-intuitive.  Not everyone sees every post on this forum.

Having home and away fans above and below each other is undoubtedly stupid, anyone who has traveled to Nottingham Forest will know that.  Not to mention having noisy away fans above the boxes and corporate seating too.  Ateyo is the obvious stand, and the easiest to segregate as they can just have the whole stand.

If one of these big teams came down we would sell out our section anyway, loads of local glory hunters who come to Wembley would come to see a big team.

Yes I wonder if they would have the sense to leave their Man Utd shirts safely in the bottom draw for such an event. 

36 minutes ago, JM91 said:

My point is, if the concern is us selling out, I think there are more seats in the Atyeo than the upper Wills, so we would have more to shift.

And I reckon United, Liverpool, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City and others will sell out either. Even both.

It seems a nonsense, moving from the Atyeo, because it's got 4000 seats, to the upper Wills because it's git, er, 4000 seats? I must be missing something.

It'll cause more hassle for the plod and they'll put their foot down. As will the vips, when they get gobbed on, coined, loudly abused etc

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Good on you.

You picked a good one to see.

It was a fantastic day for us and I hope you had a great time.

I loved it cheers sang along with most of the songs although I couldn't tell what the words were to the drinking cider song,hopefully make ine of your home games before the season ends as it looks like it's improved a fair bit since we came last season

9 minutes ago, Bally said:

I loved it cheers sang along with most of the songs although I couldn't tell what the words were to the drinking cider song,hopefully make ine of your home games before the season ends as it looks like it's improved a fair bit since we came last season

That mad woman still go on other clubs` forums before you play them? She was different class!

6 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

So, the plan or suggestion is to house Man U, Arsenal fans if we get a big club with a big following in the cup, in the upper tier of the new stand, where there will be 4,100 seats, instead of the Atyeo, where there are 4 thousand 7 hundred seats (I think)? 

I don't think the Lansdowns and their vip friends will enjoy having 4,000 noisy, hostile fans from one of the likes of United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Leeds etc sat directly above them.

Is there only 4,100 seats in the upper tier of the new stand? So there will be over 7,000 seats in the lower section? 

Didnt realise that...

Cheers...

5 hours ago, JM91 said:

Have you ever been to Everton?

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Have you ever been to Everton?

I have, but that isn't the same as they segregate vertically rather than horizontally.  Away fans go in the left side of the stand on both upper and lower tiers.  why do you ask?

Am I missing something here? If the Atyeo will continue to house away supporters under normal circumstances, why would it need to be any different if a large away following came for a cup game?

The allocation would need to be 15%. 15% of 27,000 is 4,050. Therefore the Atyeo is capable of holding that number on its own. So why would you need to move the away fans elsewhere? Also - if it was Rovers - who would really want to sit underneath that?

Makes no sense to me to have a three sided concourse and one entirely separate stand, with the worst facilities, and not put the away fans in the most obvious place.

1 hour ago, JM91 said:

I have, but that isn't the same as they segregate vertically rather than horizontally.  Away fans go in the left side of the stand on both upper and lower tiers.  why do you ask?

Because, back in the late 1970s/early 1980s, i.e. in the 1st Division, I seem to recall one match with Everton fans urinating and throwing bottles of same down to us before jumping down themselves! 

3 hours ago, Bally said:

There are quite a few City fans who live in Shropshire. A good group of us were there yesterday. Come along and support us at the Molineux in March.

3 minutes ago, Bally said:

I go to a few Wolves matches when Telford are away are there restrictions for buying away tickets in the league as there wasn't for yesterday which I was suprised about

It's a Tuesday night so there should be some on general sale. Check on the City website.

3 hours ago, Bally said:

If I recall correctly, your preference is chips and, for health (flatulence) reasons you need to steer well clear of the cider :shifty:.

Archived