IGNORED

Lawrenson

Fatalist

How many times under Gary Johnson did we snatch draws/wins in disputed added time?? I'll never forget Boom Booms equalizer against Palace live on Sky in our playoff season... it must have come in something like the sixth or seventh minute of four added or something (I remember going rather mental! :D )Warnock hit the roof, so did plenty of Palace fans and we told them to go and do one because you play to the whistle. The same applies here and Cotterill shouldn't have moaned about it. If you can't hold out a lead then tough sh1T you get what you deserve. We just have to take it on the chin.

I like Lawro can't argue with his comment game lasts till the ref blows the final whistle sadly for us.as for him like what he says try to be entertaining and he used to be on a local program years ago when we had half hour highlights every weekend so probably has nothing against us sure he lives close to here too

28 minutes ago, biggythecity said:

I like Lawro can't argue with his comment game lasts till the ref blows the final whistle sadly for us.as for him like what he says try to be entertaining and he used to be on a local program years ago when we had half hour highlights every weekend so probably has nothing against us sure he lives close to here too

I recall him being very bias towards the gas on that show 

31 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Looking at the highlights we were half asleep at the free kick (granted taken early) and we shouldn't be letting Evans have a free header at the back post. 

Indeed nobody to blame but ourselves, sadly typical of us switching off in the final few minutes of games instead of holding concentration until the final whistle.

Charlton and West Brom we have conceded in injury time from winning positions and Reading from a draw. We have to stop switching off until the final whistle is blown, because holding on for those 3 points rather than getting 1 because we fail to play till the end could have a massive bearing on our season. 

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

How many times under Gary Johnson did we snatch draws/wins in disputed added time?? I'll never forget Boom Booms equalizer against Palace live on Sky in our playoff season... it must have come in something like the sixth or seventh minute of four added or something (I remember going rather mental! :D )Warnock hit the roof, so did plenty of Palace fans and we told them to go and do one because you play to the whistle. The same applies here and Cotterill shouldn't have moaned about it. If you can't hold out a lead then tough sh1T you get what you deserve. We just have to take it on the chin.

Was this not the game when Palace players were taking an age to walk off the pitch when subbed and time wasting on throw ins, goal kicks etc. reap what you sew on that one I think. As for Lawro, bit of a smug prat. Although I think his comment are relevant and so are Cotts.

Plus when refs add on time it is stated as a MINIMUM of 4 added minutes or whatever time they have specified. Thus if 4 minutes MINIMUM are to be added and the ref actually adds on 4 minutes and 15 seconds there is nothing wrong in that. Indeed, he could add on 7 minutes and a MINIMUM of 4 would have been played. It is when a ref saying a minimum of 4 added minutes will be played then only adds on 3 minutes and 45 seconds that issue can be taken.

His options are more important than appearance, but he looked like Compo from The Last of the Summer Wine. As a result I could take anything he said seriously because I expected Nora Batty to join in at any moment. 

Seemed to me an example of a "Mini Mourinho" moment that many managers like to employ. When your team has just messed up, create a great big fuss about something else, usually a ref's decision.

Create a big distraction.

From the fact that with more than enough bodies in the box, we failed to defend a cross to the far stick and a nod down - hardly a moment of superior Prem League quality we cannot hope to compete with.

Someone was behind or alongside Max on the bloody line! Nowhere near a West Brom shirt. Loads of red shirts but none of them in the right place at the right time. 

End of the day: if it was unsual, might be cause of a moan.  But we've conceded in 90th min three out of the last four, so we need to get smarter and more focused late on.

Someone mentioned the playoff side; that team was the complete opposite in that they seemed to find another gear in the last 5 mins, and take teams by surprise - need some of that towards the tail end of this campaign.

50 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

OK, what he said in itself may be right. My original complaint was that he ONLY picked on that and couldn't find anything else to say about what was seconds away from being the shock of the round.

Now that I agree with. If only you'd put it that way in the first place. :-) 

10 hours ago, cynic said:

He was completely right.

Don't give them an attacking free kick.

Some players panicked.

It didn't detract from the overall performance though and it was still a great result.

Bit of nous maybe as well. We let them take the free kick very quickly. Stand on the ball, take a yellow for the team if need be, but let the defence get organised. 20/20 hindsight of course!

Although we were all celebrating like mad I think each and every fan almost knew the match wasn't over until the ref blows, it was ours to lose. We couldn't get hold of the ball and paid the price. Don't know if the players thought they had it won or if they are not used to playing out injury time, as we usually are messing about with subs then, but I thought they looked a bit sheepish as they came to clap us at the end.

Of course they have got a replay and all will be forgiven if we pull out a big team tonight, go and beat West Brom and more importantly Preston tomorrow night. Could be the galvanising of our season. They might realise they can do it and they have to do it.

Archived