IGNORED

Prediction League: Preston North End (H)

RedYoshi

Bristol City v Preston North End  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PRESS ONE FOR PREDICTIONS.

PRESS TWO FOR A LATE THREAD.

PRESS-TON FOR A MUCH NEEDED, CONFIDENCE BOOSTING WIN.

We can dream, hey?

Fully expecting everyone to predict at least one goal after the 90' mark. It's the only certainty at the moment.

Good luck to Oskar, here's hoping we can give him a match to remember.

Vote in the poll for:

Result

Scoreline

Half-time scoreline

First goalscorer

Specify in a post (if desired):

Other goalscorers

Goal timings

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Number of Live Match Tweets by @bcfctweets

Counting from kick-off to full time, how many live updates will be tweeted by the club?

Correct number: 2 points

Correct number 1st/2nd half: 1 point each

Most mentioned City player: 2 points

Minute (in game) of tweet that gains most retweets: 2 points

Chirp.

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE (MID)WEEK

Brentford v Middlesbrough

Scoreline, 2 points, ta.

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 19.45 GMT, Tuesday 12th January, 2016

This was their finest hour.

14 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Just thought i would post something cos i'm feeling left out :sad26:I know bugger all, tweet F.A.

Me also Kings but its blissful being in the dark and wondering. I love the suspense and it makes it so much more fun skipping over those twizzer remarks. One day, soon, we will be signing a player or three... rejoice in that fact... well probably.

Oh look... good ole' OTIB... has dumped my quote into the wrong thread. How useful.

27 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Me also Kings but its blissful being in the dark and wondering. I love the suspense and it makes it so much more fun skipping over those twizzer remarks. One day, soon, we will be signing a player or three... rejoice in that fact... well probably.

Oh look... good ole' OTIB... has dumped my quote into the wrong thread. How useful.

Just for a second there i thought i had lost it !

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

Number of Live Match Tweets by @bcfctweets

Counting from kick-off to full time, how many live updates will be tweeted by the club?

THIS IS SO UNFAIR BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... I WILL PURELY GUESS AS I COULD NOT BE MORE IN THE Dark... How blissful that sounds i cannot put into words.

Correct number: 2 points

Correct number 1st/2nd half: 1 point each

Most mentioned City player: 2 points

Freeman

Minute (in game) of tweet that gains most retweets: 2 points

O my gawd... what are you on about like. I mean for real? what on heavens solar system and all that lark is a 're-tweet' ? Hello?

Anyway.. its only the minute you want so I will go for in the first minute. Is that a possibility? I have absolutely no idea its so untrue.

Chirp.

y..  Cheep Cheep (point for that?)

WILDCARD MATCH OF THE (MID)WEEK

Brentford v Middlesbrough

Scoreline, 2 points, ta.

1-2 and 47,000 tweets with 19,542 re-tweets.. bonus for invention?

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 19.45 GMT, Tuesday 12th January, 2016

This was their finest hour.

Churchill. what is that? 1 point?

1 - 1 

We all know it will be Kodjia 67mins and a Preston player 93 mins :(

Preston must have some who should have signed for us, did sign for us but went back or will sign for us.  That player will score against us.

Number of tweets 35 split 15 / 20.  Kodjia's goal in 67min will be most retweeted.

Most tweeted about player will be Flint.

It will be Brentford 0 Middlesbrough 1

For an extra bonus prediction point, I predict that @RedYoshi is a man or will be by the time the Prediction League finishes.

I will be a coward and abstain from predicting this game.  My reasons, possibly an unknown quantity in goal, God knows who will be playing up front ( Wilbs and Kodger I presume) but who knows, could be Clough! Too much unknown and too much speculation.   So I hope A 1-0 win City, but I think it will be a 0-1 win for Preston.   Sorry!    COYRs 

Result: City 2 - Preston 1.

I'm fancying a win (which means we'll lose by at least 3 goals, one of which will be scored in injury time...:facepalm:)

HT: City 1 - Preston 0

Goalscorers: Freeman via volley 34th min. Kodjia 72nd min via header. Cunningham (obviously!!!! grrrr...) 91st min via header.

BEFTP: Total tweets - 30. 1st half tweets - 11. 2nd half tweets - 19. Most mentioned City player - Kodjia. Minute (in match) of tweet that gets most retweets - 73rd. 

Wildcard: Brentford 1 - Boro 1

Right then. Unflinching optimism? I mean, it stands to reason that such a positive display on Saturday should be followed up with a convincing home win. At least, it should. However, reason doesn't have a tendency to hang around football much, let alone Ashton Gate, so I'm torn. I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel. I'm cold and I'm alone, lying naked on the floor. But I've gotta get up off that floor, put some ruddy clothes on, and make a decision. It's gonna be a win, right?!

BRISTOL CITY 2-1 PRESTON N.E.

(1-0)

1st half

Burns 16' - Why not, hey? Let's go nuts. Earning a start thanks to his impact on Saturday (or being introduced early thanks to another darn injury), Our Wes jinks inside two players from the right, before toe-poking neatly inside the near post, completely wrong-footing both the keeper and our own manager.

2nd half

Wright 75' - Never heard of this guy, don't even know if he's likely to be playing, but for some reason it just sounds....correct, to me. Lucky goal, obviously, probably wind assisted, or perhaps because we have Wagstaff in goal due to another perfectly timed injury.

Agard 90'+4 - Cometh the hour/last minute, cometh the man. Our turn to strike at the death, and who better than the best player ever? Keepy-uppies, a few nutmegs, probably plays with two balls at some point just because he can, and then a worldy of an overhead kick (even though the ball is still on the floor - Kieran always finds a way).

Bedlam.

Tweets

15 - 42 - 27

Freeman

90'+4

Wildcard

Brentford 1-2 Middlesbrough

Sorry to confuse you @havanatopia with all the backtwats and the taghashing, but I can promise that if you're correct with 4372 then I'll give you a point per tweet.

Archived