IGNORED

Neil Lennon...

FNQ

Why not do Bolton a favour and take him off of their payroll too... He would bring young Zach with him and would be well placed with credible connections to spend a budget wisely and attract decent players... Even if too late for the transfer window he would do a better job of bringing in the right loan players...

From Wikipedia...

"Lennon was appointed manager of Celtic in March 2010, initially in a caretaker capacity after the departure of Tony Mowbray.[3][4][5] Lennon enjoyed significant success as Celtic manager, winning three Scottish league championships, two Scottish Cups and qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League twice, before leaving the club in May 2014"

Love Cotts for last years effort but as much as that was good... No time left for sentiment.

COYRs

Even SC could have won all of that in Scotland :blink: 

I don't see any reason to think he could do any better. He's only still with Bolton because they can't afford to sack him. 

Before the Lennon haters get involved, I'll offer my thoughts that actually Lennon has some promise as a manager.

The Bolton job is an impossible one for nearly any manager in their current predicament, but in his time at Celtic he showed decent tactical flexibility and knowledge and had them punching above their weight in Europe.

I don't believe he's the right man for Bristol City currently, but I wouldn't write him off from forging a decent career in management going forward.

I don't think Zach Clough is stalling on a move because of Lennon. Whether or not Lennon could do a better job here is anyone's guess but I'm certain any manager would need new additions so why not get them in for Cotts and then we can see whether Cotts can cut it or not at this level.

Ridiculous, I've just taken Oxford City from the Vanarama South to the Vanarama National on my football manager save, I recon I could do the same job as Lennon did in Scotland! This is the time we need to back Cotts. We need a year or two to consolidate in the league to build a team for the Champ and we need to get signing players. Our squad is a clear yo-yo team at the moment, too good for league one, not good enough to be solid in the champ, some serious transfers needed this window. But keep your faith in Cotts. Also many are suggesting our league position is off putting to potential transfers, compare us with our relegation zone peer Bolton, They're 170 million quid in debt, we have a stadium being built, a large finacial backing and a passionate squad who want to stay up but dont have the full on ability too, players should see us as a chance to prove their quality rather than a waste of time. 

Archived