IGNORED

KB scouting in France?

spudski

....or have we assigned a Scout over there?

I know KB has gone over there as well as Belgium an Holland...and we have someone looking down in Spain...I won't say who though.

I've tried asking around to who the scout is in France...but no positive responses.

Can we dream of becoming the next Arsenal and finding some gems there? That would be a positive in my book.

As EMB has pointed out in the past...some raw talent out that way.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

....or have we assigned a Scout over there?

I know KB has gone over there as well as Belgium an Holland...and we have someone looking down in Spain...I won't say who though.

I've tried asking around to who the scout is in France...but no positive responses.

Can we dream of becoming the next Arsenal and finding some gems there? That would be a positive in my book.

As EMB has pointed out in the past...some raw talent out that way.

Doesn't Tinnion have links in Spain? Was he linked to a youth set up there?

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Glad we're seeing French players coming here and many more being rumoured. Strange we've had nothing from Spain that I can recall. 

Not surprised they are looking in Spain.  Its warmer than France and often quite pleasant outside this time of year with a glass of wine.

Wolves just paid £350,00 for a polish midfielder from Legia Warsaw who scored twice on his debut…..Poland would be a great country to scout in for up and coming players at reasonable prices.   Bristol has a sizeable Polish community, so it might even put a couple of hundred on the attendance.  Maybe somebody should give Jacki a call and ask for some advice?

33 minutes ago, daored said:

Doesn't Tinnion have links in Spain? Was he linked to a youth set up there?

Maybe :-)

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's our French scout doing the translation in the Kodjia interview I believe

Got a link to that mate...haven't seen it.

3 minutes ago, cider city red 81 said:

Is a shame we don't hear more about our scouts. Especially for us football manager geeks.

I do know we have them dotted around the country 

I agree. If the sum total of their efforts is the permanent signing of a well-known French striker and a '£50k punt' on someone already scouted by the big boys then it's clearly not working, or the board/management aren't prepared to listen to them. 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I agree. If the sum total of their efforts is the permanent signing of a well-known French striker and a '£50k punt' on someone already scouted by the big boys then it's clearly not working, or the board/management aren't prepared to listen to them. 

Well known? Really?

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well known? I'd be amazed if 1 in 100 football fans in England had heard of Kodjia before he joined us. 

It's easy to be critical but if we sign this GK then that's 3 new signings from France in what, 6 months or so?

Clearly our scouting efforts are in a better place than they have been previously. 

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

It may well be that Kodjia was an unknown to football fans, but he was certainly well known to football clubs.

I think there are a million and one reasons to slag the club off this season, but to moan about our overseas scouting - which has resulted in potentially three signings in six months - is odd. 

Especially since we can't sign players in England!!

35 minutes ago, cynic said:

It may well be that Kodjia was an unknown to football fans, but he was certainly well known to football clubs.

Certainly to Palace and WBA, if you believe what you read in the press

But why stop that allowing people to continue to slag the club off in an area that actually appears to be working. Enough of your sense and logic

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Here's the 'preview' 

full version on player is worth a watch if you're a subscriber 

Cheers for that PF, great to hear him finally, seems a good sort and can only get better IMO. Nice bit of Maxïmo Park as the backing track as well. Someone in the Media Team has some taste! 

Archived