IGNORED

Favour to ask - Supporters stickers

Mkelly

Hello all

I appreciate that our supporters would not intentionally damage our new stand, however, over the last few months we have had to repair / paint / polish some of our internal fittings where stickers have been placed and removed. I know that this may sound exaggerated but the structures around the concessions, seats,  the zinc bar in the sports bar and the back of the toilet doors all have a refined finish to them and sadly the stickers to not peel off easily.

There is still more to come in terms of legacy additions within the stadium and we are in discussions with the SC&T on how we engage more visual support but in the meantime it would be very helpful if I could ask for support in asking our fans not to stick them within the internal and car park area.

Many thanks

Mark

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Hello all

I appreciate that our supporters would not intentionally damage our new stand, however, over the last few months we have had to repair / paint / polish some of our internal fittings where stickers have been placed and removed. I know that this may sound exaggerated but the structures around the concessions, seats,  the zinc bar in the sports bar and the back of the toilet doors all have a refined finish to them and sadly the stickers to not peel off easily.

There is still more to come in terms of legacy additions within the stadium and we are in discussions with the SC&T on how we engage more visual support but in the meantime it would be very helpful if I could ask for support in asking our fans not to stick them within the internal and car park area.

Many thanks

Mark

Hi @Mkelly To ensure more people see the request I have moved this onto the main forum

11 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Happy to provide a large board or a dedicated panel if that's what will help

What about one of the walls, Mark? There's loads of sticker designs about and people would be interested to go and look at it. It should prompt more sticker sales which helps the supporters anyway. Would be pretty cool, have a small wall covered in stickers and then put some protective finish on it so they don't peel off. 

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I can't be the only one wondering why people want to put stickers up on a wooden board in a stadium,  stickers that they've bought from other fans from a limited selection of designs to, err, show their support of the club that they want to put the stickers up in.

Or something.

The range of designs is extensive.

One example from several from a young fans collection.

It beats berating Mr Cotterill, Fielding, Freeman, Little, Pack etc on a forum.

DSC00817.jpg

52 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

WTMS - very happy to support boards in the areas that you suggested. 

Mark you will receive an e mail in the next week.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I have to say, Mark Kelly comes across really well on here. Professional, but friendly also.

Absolutely, breath of fresh air and really good for the club to have a voice and presence on here. Well done Mark, it's appreciated. In the past, issues like this may have caused a bit of tension but by coming on here and finding a solution, it appears to have been resolved within a couple of hours.

• SC&T Board Members
13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Fair play Mark Kelly.

Supporters Trust what does "engage more visual support" mean?

I imagine this is a reference to discussions/correspondence about possible ways of hanging flags/banners on the inside Atyeo-end wall of the Dolman and to the wider plans for a potential supporters 'pub' under the Atyeo and how the interior and exterior surroundings of that might be decorated.

I do think people respond better when approached with friendliness and professionalism. Here is a good example, polite request and reason explained, dialogue opened and solution agreed which all parties are happy about. Job done. Makes me wonder why has it been so difficult previously.

5 hours ago, WTMS said:

The range of designs is extensive.

One example from several from a young fans collection.

It beats berating Mr Cotterill, Fielding, Freeman, Little, Pack etc on a forum.

DSC00817.jpg

Perhaps you could put some of these boards up in the toilets, gives us something to look at

7 hours ago, WTMS said:

Mark could boards be sited in the Atyeo end of the Dolman stand (x1) and Atyeo stand(x1)?

There would be no cost to the Fc, and they could be put up by fans again - This was formerly done in the Eastend.

I think this is a great idea. Will hopefully be used and people will respect the clubs wishes of not stickering other areas of the stadium. 

How much do you think two such boards would cost to supply and install? 

Thanks for the post Mark, looks like you have nipped a potential issue in the bud here.

I hope to see those boards go up soon, I feel it would be a focal point of a concourse, also a fan-lead way of improving the visual branding of Bristol city FC with the stadium. 

These stickers seem to very popular at the moment. I know many who like to collect the different designs & make collages in frames, doors & old seats from demolished stands, (like the great pic above)

Plus all the money from the sales I am told are used for flags, banners & displays trying to improve the match day experience.

Keep up the good work on this forum please Mark. 

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think this is a great idea. Will hopefully be used and people will respect the clubs wishes of not stickering other areas of the stadium. 

How much do you think two such boards would cost to supply and install? 

The intent was there to propose  similar prior to Mr Kelly's post. Cost isn't an issue, there are people willing to donate materials/money. Next identify a appropriate space - acceptable to Bristol Sport, and do something that does not look shoddy and odd in the surroundings.

2 hours ago, WTMS said:

The intent was there to propose  similar prior to Mr Kelly's post. Cost isn't an issue, there are people willing to donate materials/money. Next identify a appropriate space - acceptable to Bristol Sport, and do something that does not look shoddy and odd in the surroundings.

Ok great. I was just wondering if they might need sponsorship but if you can get it all donated then even better. 

On 1/15/2016 at 14:47, Bar BS3 said:

Ok great. I was just wondering if they might need sponsorship but if you can get it all donated then even better. 

Via the fans advisory network you may want to ask what "legacy additions" and "engaging more visual support" means. There could be an opportunity for fans to be involved more widely in sponsorship than the usual norms.

Archived