IGNORED

Pemberton and Elliott

GrahamC

3 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I would be very surprised to see a 3-5-2 formation tomorrow. It hasn't worked for us all season under SC so I can't see Pemberton & Wade trying it.

We are not expected to win tomorrow but in all amongst the chaos it would be nice to nick something. 

I would go something like 4-2-3-1

O'Donnell

Ayling, Flint, Baker, Williams

Smith, Pack

Burns, Reid, Freeman

Kodjia

Good luck to Pembo & Wade tomorrow. They will need it.

Said similar myself previously.

The timing, while allowing any new man a little time to get players in, a little odd. If only that giving Cott's the press conference implies they thought he would be in charge on Saturday. The fact he isn't (here's where I add 2 to 2 and get 5) to me makes me think there has been a whisper someone they would like is available. Otherwise they would surely have let him deal with M'boro or longer. I wonder if contact had been made , club to agent or vice versa, if not it's even a stranger time to pull the plug !

My guess as to what happened is words were had with SC after Preston game and he was given some harsh words re his interviews and general attitude,  and the interview on Thursday broke their patience with him.  He thought they would never sack him and had no doubts that he was setting the team up in the best way, despite the evidence to the contrary. The owner and the Board had finally had enough of his excuses and petulant manner

11 hours ago, Collis1 said:
11 hours ago, Collis1 said:

My worry is that we win the next two games and Elliott/Pemberton are appointed full time... I think we definitely need someone external to come in.

My worry is that we wi games and Elliott/Pemberton are appointed full time... I think we definitely need someone external to come in.

Worry? I'd love us to win the next 2 (league) games!!!

Whatever happens on the pitch tommorrow though, I hope any anger felt by the fans will be directed at the board and not the players or interim management team. Those lads in red will need everyone of us in their corner.

5 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

We tried four at the back at Derby

And that was only for 45 minutes I think? Surely you can't say if 4 at the back will work or not based on that? Hopefully I've just got the wrong end of the stick with what your saying. 3-5-2 hasn't worked for us for for the majority of the season either mind.

On 14/01/2016 at 22:53, GrahamC said:

In charge for Saturday.

Be interesting to see if this might see one of the U21s involved now (especially as we are so short of numbers).

Also, wonder whether they'll stick with 3-5-2?

One of the youngsters HAS to be on the bench.a mystery why SC wouldn't allow that to happen under the circumstances.very strange.

50 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

One of the youngsters HAS to be on the bench.a mystery why SC wouldn't allow that to happen under the circumstances.very strange.

It was ridiculous only having 6 subs but now there is no point in having an u21 squad player on it today, we'll have enough for 7 subs now that El Abd has been recalled.

Tuesday as he is cup tied, and we still probably won't have signed anyone, I'd like to see someone like Kelly or McCoulsky get on the bench. 

5 hours ago, PluckaDuck said:

I would imagine he was trying to force a change of transfer policy onto SL.

Your on the right track..SC was clearly making a point with the vacant seat..but to deny one or two of the young UN's the experience of being in the first team dressing room/travelling with the team,the atmosphere,everything about being in that scenario?didn't Steve realise that by doing this he was,most of all things,taking away from himself-self prophesising?...its a pity.

5 hours ago, Gilts said:

It was ridiculous only having 6 subs but now there is no point in having an u21 squad player on it today, we'll have enough for 7 subs now that El Abd has been recalled.

Tuesday as he is cup tied, and we still probably won't have signed anyone, I'd like to see someone like Kelly or McCoulsky get on the bench. 

Would rather have one of the better of our youngsters fill that seat,a lad with potenial.far more value.

On 14 January 2016 at 23:15, Libertine1 said:

I don't think there will be many changes. 3-5-2 is used in the U21s remember.

I can only really see a change of Agard, or even Burns, to start in place of Wilbraham happening. 

I was right about Burns then. Presumably same formation with Ayling at RWB?

or is it 442??

or the 4-2-3-1 that Stockhausen suggests?

With Mark Ashton coming in to handle transfers and recruitoment then I don't see it will fit with recruiting a manager like Pearson or the even more unrealistic Moyes.

I would love to see the club appoint Wade Elliot supported by John Pemberton continuing his coaching role.   Wade strikes me as one of the most astute footballers I have seen interviewed.  I think he would be a great man manager and the first team squad have missed his claming influence as well as his palyign contributions.  It's the cheap choice but potentially the most inspired as well.  Obviously it didn't work out with Keith Millen or Brian Tinnion but Wade looks more cut out for the role.

Nigel Pearson would have been an exciting choice but anyone who heard his Five Live interview would know he would want full control of recruitment and running the club as Cotts did.  It's just not going to happen with MA appointed and I would much rather Wade in the Head Coach role supported by John Pemberton compared to the likes of Appleton.  

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to the win today against the lead leaders but the change in tactics, the introduction of young players frozen out by Cotts and sensible substitutions showed that Wade and JP are shrewd enough for the job.

The players are, as Cotts always pointed out, are good young professionals and they have the ability to hold West Brom and beat the lead leaders.  I just think they need sensible management, sensible formations and some continuity with the management personnel.  Mark Ashton will add to the squad so I think bringing in a new Head Coach in unnecessary and would be disruptive given that the likely available choice for this role isn't overly inspirational.

John Pemberton excellent on Radio Bristol. Couldn't ask for more.

Praise for the youngsters, pleased for Wes, not a big decision to change formation - building a solid base. Gutted for SC though. "He loved the lads, the lads loved him, deep down he'll be delighted with this result."

We're in safe hands at the moment.

On 15/01/2016 at 11:56, Taylor10 said:

I would be very surprised to see a 3-5-2 formation tomorrow. It hasn't worked for us all season under SC so I can't see Pemberton & Wade trying it.

We are not expected to win tomorrow but in all amongst the chaos it would be nice to nick something. 

I would go something like 4-2-3-1

O'Donnell

Ayling, Flint, Baker, Williams

Smith, Pack

Burns, Reid, Freeman

Kodjia

Good luck to Pembo & Wade tomorrow. They will need it.

So very close.  Want the job?

It would be a big mistake to appoint these on an interim basis over someone like Pearson. It sort of reminded me of when Pulls left and we had 3 in charge and Tony Thorpe was reintroduced and did well. 

But right now we need stability and an interim management duo will ensure there is an air of uncertainty over the club until the summer.

They were a breath of fresh air today by changing things up(It shows how stubborn Cotts was if he's been ignorning the advice of his assistant) but this system we played today is not mutually exclusive to them and a new manager can do the same. 

They really would be the cheap and easy option just like it was with Millen. We need someone experienced to come on if we have any chance of progressing to the next level.

These people were part of the problem and it appears they were yes men under SC. They will never be a long term solution due to being part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well, knock WBA out of the cup and win at Leeds - and it would very hard not to back Pembo & Wade... rather them than Appleton for me!

We've got to think of it commercially too. Next season there's lots more seats to fill - Bristol Sport will be aware of this, appointing 'in house' won't fill those seats initially.

15 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Just watched Pemberton's Interview on player, brilliant interview, and I have so much respect for the bloke. "I want best for this football club, and if that's with or without me then I can accept that". Class act. 

Indeed.  And personally I hope it's with both him and Elliott as part of the backroom team.  I don't think the club needs major changes, especially as the absence of a CEO has been a major issue and that's now resolved.  I'd rather have a new head coach and continuity with the backroom staff and everything else.  I think Cotts had to go due to his stubborness and clearly strained relationship with the board but I don't want everything ripped up and restarted.  

Archived