IGNORED

Clear out?

spudski

With SC now gone, it will be interesting to see whether we keep people he brought in and others he didn't.

Who will the next manager want to work with...or will he be told he has to work with who we have in place.

Will KB be kept on and the new manager work with our present DoF.

With the Academy...will SC's 'boys' still be kept on?

Personally I'd like BT and WA to have more say in the Academy and links with the next manager...plus a better working atmosphere. They are good for this club imho.

Whoever the next manager is...I hope he has a better relationship with the Development players and those on the fringes.

Personally I'd like Paul Tisdale here....and his knowledge of up and coming talent outside of the Prem. I'm not alone in that sentiment either.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

With SC now gone, it will be interesting to see whether we keep people he brought in and others he didn't.

Who will the next manager want to work with...or will he be told he has to work with who we have in place.

Will KB be kept on and the new manager work with our present DoF.

With the Academy...will SC's 'boys' still be kept on?

Personally I'd like BT and WA to have more say in the Academy and links with the next manager...plus a better working atmosphere. They are good for this club imho.

Whoever the next manager is...I hope he has a better relationship with the Development players and those on the fringes.

Personally I'd like Paul Tisdale here....and his knowledge of up and coming talent outside of the Prem. I'm not alone in that sentiment either.

You don't appoint Paul Tisdale as manager here though, if he's good at developing and spotting talent then thats the guy you want in charge of your academy. He wont be given time at our club, or in fact any club that has ambition to compete at the higher end of the Championship.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spud 

You often make valid thought out points but Paul Tisdale ?

Not for me

Cant understand the hype about him - done a reasonable job at Exeter, no less no more for me

Cant see how he's earnt a jump to a Championship Club (For now !) 

wouldnt rule it out with our board mind 

Only because I don't think we could attract anyone else with exceptional experience at this level Bob.

I personally think he's a bright manager, with a bright future.

Plus i'm all for bringing in talent from the lower leagues...and developing players.

Mix with some old heads...and it could work.

I'd like us to get away from dinosaur type managers and those with 'old mates' contacts...and purely using them.

A modern manager with modern thoughts....rather than old school is my preference fella....respect as always to your opinion though mate.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Only because I don't think we could attract anyone else with exceptional experience at this level Bob.

Plus i'm all for bringing in talent from the lower leagues...and developing players.

I'd like us to get away from dinosaur type managers and those with 'old mates' contacts...and purely using them.

A modern manager with modern thoughts....rather than old school is my preference fella....respect as always to your opinion though mate.

looks like theyhave reverted to plan A again, after SC shat on their copy book and moved away fro head coach,and said he was manager.  in this scenario do you think Tisdale is the right man for the job?  I am not so sure, I don't think a head coach will have so much say as to how he wants development to play out, other than picking as few hopefuls from the under 21's.  i maybe wrong, but i think the development and nurturing will be taken away from the head coach.

No doubt when Moyes is not in place by this time tomorrow some will be screaming it is simply down to the Board being tight!

Difficult balance right now. The manager to 'save' us this season is most likely one with contacts. The manager to build the wider club, in the long term, might well have a very different skill set.

We simply will never ever win by trying to outspend those on parachute payments. We need a different approach. Trying to attract young players with potential from teams established in the Championship just seems doomed to failure before it starts. 

Will we as fans have patience with somebody playing the long game? Can any manager nowadays truly do that? 

Obviously see a lot of him locally, but as I have said in one other thread, if we are going that route think we could do much worse than Paul or indeed Karl Robinson down here. Takes great interest in the Academy, brings on young players when ready without rushing them (Deli Ali?), and is trusted by 'big' clubs on loans to develop players like Afobi. 

Whether any of those are the right ones short term is an entirely different question!

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Opinion Thought out as norm Spud

Id like a proven Champ manager but not rocked by a the available options (Personally would have changed when Lambert was available but too late as we always are)

I havnt really got the obvious answer - Tony Mowbrray id consider 

it we were going to go for a younger 'fresh' manager as you suggest for value d reasons Justin Edinburgh would appeal more than Paul Tisdale, for me

Tend to think a experienced head has more chance of saving us but if we fall back to L1 I like the fresh younger manager idea - the dilly dallying by the board has left us in a right mess - let's be honest !!

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

No doubt when Moyes is not in place by this time tomorrow some will be screaming it is simply down to the Board being tight!

Difficult balance right now. The manager to 'save' us this season is most likely one with contacts. The manager to build the wider club, in the long term, might well have a very different mindset.

We simply will never ever win by trying to outspend those on parachute payments. We need a different approach. Trying to attract young players with potential from teams established in the Championship just seems doomed to failure before it starts. 

Will we as fans have patience with somebody playing the long game? Can any manager nowadays truly do that? 

Obviously see a lot of him locally, but as I have said in one other thread, if we are going that route think we could do much worse than Paul or indeed Karl Robinson down here. Takes great interest in the Academy, brings on young players when ready without rushing them (Deli Ali?), and is trusted by 'big' clubs on loans to develop players like Afobi. 

Whether any of those are the right ones short term is an entirely different question!

I like Mowbray, good manager, only really failed at his boyhood club where I think he had too much of a vested interest.  He would be the manager I would go for if I had a choice, certainly knows how to get results at this level.

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Opinion Thought out as norm Spud

Id like a proven Champ manager but not rocked by a the available options (Personally would have changed when Lambert was available but too late as we always are)

I havnt really got the obvious answer - Tony Mowbrray id consider 

it we were going to go for a younger 'fresh' manager as you suggest for value d reasons Justin Edinburgh would appeal more than Paul Tisdale, for me

Tend to think a experienced head has more chance of saving us but if we fall back to L1 I like the fresh younger manager idea - the dilly dallying by the board has left us in a right mess - let's be honest !!

I'd be really surprised if we haven't got someone else already lined up mate.

The timing is all wrong...if we really have just sacked SC without having someone lined up, then we are more clueless than I already thought.

My gut feeling is we have someone...for what it's worth, I'd heard we wanted to get rid of SC for a while, but the right man wasn't available.

If that's true...then I expect someone sooner than later.

If not...then it could be an interesting ride.

I just hope they get rid of a few backroom staff as well.

6 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

Are we a more attractive proposition than a Coventry team flying high?

Probably not. And in the grand scheme of things they have history on their side when it comes to top flight football and a fa cup win. As much as people say pay that's in the past, it still resonates in people's minds as success.  Whereas Bristol City..... Meh

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd be really surprised if we haven't got someone else already lined up mate.

The timing is all wrong...if we really have just sacked SC without having someone lined up, then we are more clueless than I already thought.

My gut feeling is we have someone...for what it's worth, I'd heard we wanted to get rid of SC for a while, but the right man wasn't available.

If that's true...then I expect someone sooner than later.

If not...then it could be an interesting ride.

I just hope they get rid of a few backroom staff as well.

Ha ha - jeez you'd expect so !!

But I've seen us do this so many times, in fact I'm struggling to think of when we did line up a replacement before changing !!!

God help us !!

Also keep thinking through the summer ' oh well we obviously have a few (signings) lined up......' And kept thinking, and waiting !

not sure we can assume anything with this club !!!

This appointment will tell us everything about where this club are heading IMO

Archived