IGNORED

Gary Monk anyone?

Robbored

Pure speculation of course but I'd love to see GM as the next City manager.

Did a good job at Swansea. Sets his teams to play proper football and is a very astute and articulate man. Has experience as a player of all the leagues and of course PL experience a manager. 

Questions at A) would he be interested? B) would City pay his wage demands? He wouldn't come cheap.....but he wouldn't have to move his family.

I'd personally pass. The football leagues are flooded with managers who have had 1 or 2 good seasons in their careers. Gary Monk will be the next to get a few good jobs before vanishing down the leagues. He took over a good Swansea team steadied the ship then this season showed his true ability. Sherwood at Villa is another example of being hyped up and not being able to back it up.

I know it is only one factor and I know he is highly rated by many in the game but with a points per game ratio of 1.31 only marginally better than Tisdale and a real lack of experience its a definite no for me. 

Supercidered remark is also a another reason not to appoint him. His is a regime that would need to take time to build... we do not have time but he is also the wrong choice.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pure speculation of course but I'd love to see GM as the next City manager.

Did a good job at Swansea. Sets his teams to play proper football and is a very astute and articulate man. Has experience as a player of all the leagues and of course PL experience a manager. 

Questions at A) would he be interested? B) would City pay his wage demands? He wouldn't come cheap.....but he wouldn't have to move his family.

With a team mainly built by Laudrup and Rodgers.

Since then, his changes saw them going the other way, hence his removal.

So, 27 minutes before you started this topic, you posted this on another thread:

====================================================================================================================================================================================================

So yet another City manager gets sacked and has prompted the usual "ITK" posts from those who know nothing. Wild speculation abounds but ultimately does it really matter who the next manager is?  

The bottom line is that regardless of the next managers appointment most/all  of us will continue to support our club and turn up week in week out. I know I will - unless of course the board should re-appoint Gary Johnson......

====================================================================================================================================================================================================

Now you're starting a thread about a potential new manager.....so it does ultimately matter who the next manager is?

44 minutes ago, redfred said:

It's a no from me. Not because he's not an adequate replacement, but because my OCD couldn't cope with various Cotterill spellings let alone everyone spelling Garry Monk 'Gary'.

I'm with you brother!

Even the 'Cotterell (sic) sacked [confirmed]' thread spelled his surname incorrectly!

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm with you brother!

Even the 'Cotterell (sic) sacked [confirmed]' thread spelled his surname incorrectly!

To be fair to the chap who started that thread, he did say somewhere along the way his phone auto-corrected Cotterill to Cotterell and it was too late by the time he noticed.

Anyway, back on topic; I don't think Landsdowne will be looking at Monk.... 

11 minutes ago, redfred said:

To be fair to the chap who started that thread, he did say somewhere along the way his phone auto-corrected Cotterill to Cotterell and it was too late by the time he noticed.

Anyway, back on topic; I don't think Landsdowne will be looking at Monk.... 

Fair enough, apologies, I didn't realise it was a phone 'auto correct' issue...and i'm not gonna bite on your deliberate misspelling of Lansdown...

Archived