IGNORED

Moyes Interview

Tomo

As others have said, you only have to ask. We CAN lure top names here of that I have no doubt.. said it umpteen times before and we have in Coppell, for example. There are so few jobs around.

The one job on his mind, however, might be Villa. cannot see Garde in that job beyond this season.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

As others have said, you only have to ask. We CAN lure top names here of that I have no doubt.. said it umpteen times before and we have in Coppell, for example. There are so few jobs around.

The one job on his mind, however, might be Villa. cannot see Garde in that job beyond this season.

Can we lure a top manager here however with our current completely incompetent board.

Chairman & CEO haven't a clue what they are doing.

Ironically the club has actually suffered since Sexstone Left....wasn't popular but he was always willing to speak, through think and thin

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

But neither of those jobs are available and won't be will they?, the best he could hope for is maybe the under achieving Wolves perhaps or of course Cardiff ha, ha, ha.

I was giving examples, not predicting the future.

Those jobs aren't available now but the chances are at least one job at a top 6 Championship club will become available this summer after half of them have failed to win promotion.

4 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I was giving examples, not predicting the future.

Those jobs aren't available now but the chances are at least one job at a top 6 Championship club will become available this summer after half of them have failed to win promotion.

Correct in the summer one of them might be, it's not the summer and SL should at least ask the question, the fans deserve a good quality manager this time around and not a low rent lower league failure.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Correct in the summer one of them might be, it's not the summer and SL should at least ask the question, the fans deserve a good quality manager this time around and not a low rent lower league failure.

Of course. But I don't think Moyes is living off 10p tins of beans while he waits for his benefit cheque. He can afford to wait for the right job and in my opinion he'd be wise to do so.

I'd love him to be City manager but I think he'd be taking a massive risk.

6 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Of course. But I don't think Moyes is living off 10p tins of beans while he waits for his benefit cheque. He can afford to wait for the right job and in my opinion he'd be wise to do so.

I'd love him to be City manager but I think he'd be taking a massive risk.

We will agree to disagree, taking over a club that already have the stench of relegation hanging over it I believe holds no risk to his reputation whatsoever, the clubs that would want him now will still want him come what may, that is my opinion.

6 minutes ago, redseptember said:

Even accepting that Bristol City FC are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, on what planet would this be the career plan of any sane football manager - Everton, Manchester United, Real Sociedad, Bristol City?

Middlesbrough- England- AZ Alkmar- Forest. Steve McLaren at one point was very highly thought of but had to take a step back to start again. If Moyes doesn't get a job soon, football will leave him behind.

6 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Middlesbrough- England- AZ Alkmar- Forest. Steve McLaren at one point was very highly thought of but had to take a step back to start again. If Moyes doesn't get a job soon, football will leave him behind.

Fair point.  In that case any chance of this career path Porto - Chelsea - Inter - Real Madrid - Chelsea - City??

15 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Spot on, sometimes you have to go back to go forward again.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As I have said if SL had any sense whatsoever, he would offer Moyes the job until the end of the season, including a huge bonus to keep us up.

I would have thought that it might suit everybody involved, it would give the fans a boost, it would give Moyes a chance to see how the club works (or doesn't) and give him the summer to either eye up another job possibly in the prem or take our job on.

I think SL owes us a 'name' this time around not the usual run of the mill failure.

And if he didn't keep us up?.his reputation is on the wane as it is,he won't touch us with a barge pole

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And if he didn't keep us up?.his reputation is on the wane as it is,he won't touch us with a barge pole

You better than most on here should realise, his excuses could be endless, to start off the Steve Copout defence 'broken promises'.

I don't believe that even if we were relegated it would harm his prospects, why would it?, at this moment in time who would be foolish enough to put money on us staying up?.

31 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You better than most on here should realise, his excuses could be endless, to start off the Steve Copout defence 'broken promises'.

I don't believe that even if we were relegated it would harm his prospects, why would it?, at this moment in time who would be foolish enough to put money on us staying up?.

The blokes got a career to look after,wouldn't harm his prospects :laugh:

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think that if Moyes were to take this job it would be career suicide. 

As a manager in decline you have to be very careful not to take a step too far down the food chain because if you fail then all options above become unavailable. 

Sadly we're far too far down the food chain and my opinion is that it won't happen. 

A manager in decline.......a club that is a ****in shambles , a perfect fit ?!

An interesting thought. If (ok so it's a big IF) Moyes did come to us. One of his most trusted staff is a certain Jimmy Lumsden. Now that would be an interesting come back. I had a brief chat with Jimmy in the bar at Clevedon's ground after Buster Footman's testimonial. One of the comments he made was the fact that a number of people had asked for his autograph and he said "it's funny, the last time I was here everyone hated me." He was of course, the man who sold Super Bob to WBA.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Moyes, Pearson, Laudrup, Clarke...one of those four would be a good step forward, the other names would it be any major improvement/change to Cotterill?? Maybe Monk also on the upswing but one of those 5 is the ideal choice. Is there any other names I have missed?

Lee Clarke or Steve Clarke? Either way one's stock has fallen and the other is inexperienced in my view. Laudrup's record is mixed at best. Pearson?.. the oddball weird one?...he would probably keep us up but I prefer Moyes by a million miles.

5 hours ago, cynic said:

There is as much chance of Moyes coming here as there is of Steve Cotterill sending SL a Christmas card next December.

Right OK then. What did you say when Coppell was rumoured? Its too far back I know.

11 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

An interesting thought. If (ok so it's a big IF) Moyes did come to us. One of his most trusted staff is a certain Jimmy Lumsden. Now that would be an interesting come back. I had a brief chat with Jimmy in the bar at Clevedon's ground after Buster Footman's testimonial. One of the comments he made was the fact that a number of people had asked for his autograph and he said "it's funny, the last time I was here everyone hated me." He was of course, the man who sold Super Bob to WBA.

I was very young when Jimmy was at City, what is the story with him? Not heard enough

He took over as Manager after Joe Jordan left. He didn't do too well but worse than that, he sold Super Bob Taylor to Bobby Gould's West Brom team for 250k. Gould himself said he couldn't believe it, he would have paid millions for Taylor and was just chancing his arm when he made what he thought was an initial offer. Taylor went on to score a shed load for the Baggies and become a bigger hero there than he was with us. Lunsden was replaced by Dennis Smith not long after, but that's another story.

28 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

He took over as Manager after Joe Jordan left. He didn't do too well but worse than that, he sold Super Bob Taylor to Bobby Gould's West Brom team for 250k. Gould himself said he couldn't believe it, he would have paid millions for Taylor and was just chancing his arm when he made what he thought was an initial offer. Taylor went on to score a shed load for the Baggies and become a bigger hero there than he was with us. Lunsden was replaced by Dennis Smith not long after, but that's another story.

Early 90s supporting City more eventful than today

Archived