IGNORED

Moyes Interview

Tomo

As I have said if SL had any sense whatsoever, he would offer Moyes the job until the end of the season, including a huge bonus to keep us up.

I would have thought that it might suit everybody involved, it would give the fans a boost, it would give Moyes a chance to see how the club works (or doesn't) and give him the summer to either eye up another job possibly in the prem or take our job on.

I think SL owes us a 'name' this time around not the usual run of the mill failure.

I think that if Moyes were to take this job it would be career suicide. 

As a manager in decline you have to be very careful not to take a step too far down the food chain because if you fail then all options above become unavailable. 

Sadly we're far too far down the food chain and my opinion is that it won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As a manager in decline you have to be very careful not to take a step too far down the food chain because if you fail then all options above become unavailable. 

Sadly we're far too far down the food chain and my opinion is that it won't happen. 

Spot on. Gary Johnson could have easily established himself as a championship manager. Unfortunately for him, he took the wrong jobs and look where he is now!

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Or on the other hand you do well and put yourself in the shop window. 

In my mind City would be perfect for him. He knows the club, area etc.  He's coming to a club who are currently struggling so any improvement is a bonus.

He also probably just wants to return to football management and enjoy it again see where the ride takes him?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

i'm sure the highlighted sentence is correct, but I don't see say taking the job until the end of the season as suicide.

SL as I have already said owes us a name someone who we can get behind from day one and not somebody else's lower league failure.

All I want is for SL to ask the question "would you come here until the end of the season and then see what happens?".

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I make you right there. For Moyes his next job is crucial and if he's going to drop into the Championship he'd want it to be at a club that is already well set up to win promotion: Burnley, Derby, Middlesbrough for example.

With Lansdown's backing then somebody could get City promoted but it would be much harder and would do no more for the reputation of a manager like David Moyes than getting, say, Derby promoted would.

Pearson is a different matter as he doesn't have quite the same record in the Premier League, but he'd still want to think carefully about it.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I make you right there. For Moyes his next job is crucial and if he's going to drop into the Championship he'd want it to be at a club that is already well set up to win promotion: Burnley, Derby, Middlesbrough for example.

With Lansdown's backing then somebody could get City promoted but it would be much harder and would do no more for the reputation of a manager like David Moyes than getting, say, Derby promoted would.

Pearson is a different matter as he doesn't have quite the same record in the Premier League, but he'd still want to think carefully about it.

But neither of those jobs are available and won't be will they?, the best he could hope for is maybe the under achieving Wolves perhaps or of course Cardiff ha, ha, ha.

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As I have said if SL had any sense whatsoever, he would offer Moyes the job until the end of the season, including a huge bonus to keep us up.

I would have thought that it might suit everybody involved, it would give the fans a boost, it would give Moyes a chance to see how the club works (or doesn't) and give him the summer to either eye up another job possibly in the prem or take our job on.

I think SL owes us a 'name' this time around not the usual run of the mill failure.

Having played for a club does not blind a man to the fact they are third bottom of the second tier when your last two jobs were Real Sociedad and Man United.

"I want to spend Christmas at home with the family if I can, but if the right job comes up that really excites me I'm ready to go.

"I’m looking for something that really excites me and gets me off my seat. I’m raring to go again.

"I don't need a rest or a break, but I want to make sure the job is the right one."

What's not exciting about Bristol City?

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Probably but at least it would actually match the so called lofty ambitions quoted in SC's sacking soliloquy on the main site last night and it might take our minds off of the parade of failures being offered up.

Yeah no doubt about that, it'd be a huge coup. That ambition is all hot air though.

10 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah no doubt about that, it'd be a huge coup. That ambition is all hot air though.

Let's be totally honest here, the last 4 managers when appointed have all been of the marmite persuasion, it's about time that we have a manager with a bit more of a pedigree, somebody that from the word go the vast majority of the fanbase can get behind, some of the names being put forward are frankly depressing IMHO.

To be honest I find Pearson a bit odd at times, but no more than say Jose, I suppose it's because he is English that makes it seem weirder but hey he does have the pedigree and I believe will give the fans renewed hope.

PS:- But FFS do it quick we need quality signings in this fast diminishing window.

"but if the right job comes up that really excites me I'm ready to go."

What can be more exciting than a sleeping giant in a new 27k stadium and an owner willing to provide millions to the right manager in order to achieve his dream of premiership status ...  ??

Don't get the "why would he come here" statements......  clear as day that he would if we sell it to him.....

Remember what god did on the eighth day people...... he did it for a reason and losing to Mansfield WAS NOT IT....

Getting him would certainly get the feelgood factor back, and put a Bristol City  on the sporting map so that's two boxes ticked there for SL.

ultimately though we had our chance and took Pulis, if I were Moysie I'd tell them to shove it. 

He might just be willing to do a short-term job until the end of the season, it's only just over 3 months, if he didn't keep us up nobody could blame him but if he did would only increase his chance of getting a job at a big club. He might just be a bit bored so I think there would be a chance in this scenario.

Don't get me wrong would love him here (also came once but we choose Pubis!) but wont happen he will go to prem team or abroad. May I remind you all he only played here for 2 seasons, not as if it was his whole career! Ok he kept in contact and went to the Freight Rover reunion but that's because hes a nice chap but when it comes to taking a job he will be thinking higher than us

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Getting him would certainly get the feelgood factor back, and put a Bristol City  on the sporting map so that's two boxes ticked there for SL.

ultimately though we had our chance and took Pulis, if I were Moysie I'd tell them to shove it. 

It's all about timing though isn't it, perhaps this is the right time?

Archived