IGNORED

Neil Warnock

iamsober

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What about (reportedly) sacking SC by phone, by being second to release a statement, by putting him through a press conference hours before sacking, by making no statement today for our fans, by having our manager and benefactor making contradictory stories about budgets and the reasons for our failures to convert targets, by sacking a man who delivered promotion and was rewarded with one perm signing, by reportedly reneging on pre-agreed deals or having a board of directors with zero accountability including a son who had zero credentials at appointment; perhaps still.

I'm not sure you'll find what your after (integrity) at BCFC in its current guise. 

Too right it beggars belief people are defending lansdown and running warnock down as a cheat....I have only ever seen Neil Warnock do an honest job at whichever club he has been at...I couldn't trust lansdowns as far as I can thrown them to run this football club currently

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

How is any of that unsubstantiated rumour and gossip even remotely relevant to the abhorrent idea of appointing Colin ****** or the post you're replying to?

Most of that post is factual and 29AR has been careful to differentiate by using 'reportedly' where it isn't. My take on his post is that we're hardly talking about the dark forces of Warnock despoiling the virginal innocence of our sainted club. Quite the opposite, given the way the club APPEARS to go about it's business, they could be ideal bedmates!!

33 minutes ago, Nibor said:

How is any of that unsubstantiated rumour and gossip even remotely relevant to the abhorrent idea of appointing Colin ****** or the post you're replying to?

'Some people want those at their club to have a basic level of integrity'.. Unless they are rich? 

The only unsubstantiated rumour in my post was sacking by phone or reneging on deals. The rest was fact. 

Edit 

To put some context I am not a SL basher. I believe BCFC IS stronger for him and with him. I may have made disparaging remarks in the past 24 hours from exasperation but that'll die down and is just immediate emotion. I just wish SL would get the proper guidance he needs to make himself the success (as a football benefactor) which I firmly believe he could be. He's done a great service to this club and has had some great successes, but he's also made some undoubted innocent mistakes and I'm not going to posture as if he hasn't. 

However, I do think you can call integrity into question with some actions and to be clear, I'm not demanding or requiring that of him.

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Too right it beggars belief people are defending lansdown and running warnock down as a cheat....I have only ever seen Neil Warnock do an honest job at whichever club he has been at...I couldn't trust lansdowns as far as I can thrown them to run this football club currently

So the time at Sheffield United when he was trying to get another of his own players to get sent off to get the game abandoned wasn't cheating then?

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

So the time at Sheffield United when he was trying to get another of his own players to get sent off to get the game abandoned wasn't cheating then?

It's it's a fair point and that was indefensible. But people in glass houses.

Interesting you say he praises us in his book Jordan and yet Dolls, Cynic and many others appear adamant of his abhorant character flaws not least slights against our club. 

I know insufficient about the guy to comment and certainly not in those sorts of details. 

However, a bit like di Canio, such a level of polarised views might be a bit too divisive a choice for this club.

14 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

If anyone wanting Colin could form an orderly queue next to the Cumberland Basin I'll pop down ahead of tomorrow's game and push you all in. 

We have already lost one player this season because he liked to throw people into rivers in Devon and as I feared, this behaviour is now spreading!

9 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

Most of that post is factual and 29AR has been careful to differentiate by using 'reportedly' where it isn't. My take on his post is that we're hardly talking about the dark forces of Warnock despoiling the virginal innocence of our sainted club. Quite the opposite, given the way the club APPEARS to go about it's business, they could be ideal bedmates!!

So the point being made is that because the club might have done some things you find distasteful it's OK to appoint a disgusting cheat as manager? No wonder I'm finding this 'logic' hard to follow. 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

So the point being made is that because the club might have done some things you find distasteful it's OK to appoint a disgusting cheat as manager? No wonder I'm finding this 'logic' hard to follow. 

Not at all! I don't want Warnock personally. My main point was to support 29AR's post, which contrary to your view. I believe to be essentially true. And yes, I think the club has been run farcically since Steve Landsown took over. No cohesion, knee jerk appointments, nepotism, poor PR, no stability, huge financial waste, poor and ill informed pursuit of a new ground at Ashton Vale etc etc. The comment about ;'ideal bedmates' was tongue in cheek. I think Warnock is a dinosaur in the context of the modern game.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

The point was really very simple - you said you wanted those at the club to have a basic level of integrity; I was playing devil's advocate and merely pointing out the potential hypocrisy in that. Hence the tongue-in-cheek question 'unless he's rich?'

No, the point wasn't what's good for the goose is good for the gander, justification of Warnock or anything of the sort. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

The point was really very simple - you said you wanted those at the club to have a basic level of integrity; I was playing devil's advocate and merely pointing out the potential hypocrisy in that. Hence the tongue-in-cheek question 'unless he's rich?'

No, the point wasn't what's good for the goose is good for the gander, justification of Warnock or anything of the sort. 

I still don't get your point, I've simply said I want people at the club to have a basic level of integrity and Colin is a disgusting cheat who doesn't.  I can't see the slightest inconsistency or hypocrisy in that.  The other random assumptions and rumour about what other people at the club may or may not have done isn't something I've brought up and isn't relevant to what I posted is it?   

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I still don't get your point, I've simply said I want people at the club to have a basic level of integrity and Colin is a disgusting cheat who doesn't.  I can't see the slightest inconsistency or hypocrisy in that.  The other random assumptions and rumour about what other people at the club may or may not have done isn't something I've brought up and isn't relevant to what I posted is it?   

I agree with you Colin hasn't conducted himself in a good way previously. I'm merely saying perhaps it's an unreasonable criteria considering it (integrity) may not run through the club as it stands anyway. It was all a bit tongue in cheek so let's park it :) 

Archived