IGNORED

The next appointment will...

Between heaven and hell

The way I see it our next appointment will  give some indication as to just how serious Steve Lansdown is about taking is on to the next level.

In my opinion the likes of Appleton, Tisdale and Warnock would definitely be the cheap options.

Sherwood, Pearson and Clark would be excellent appointments but the recruitment of Moyes would send out a clear statement of intent.

In our position where we are struggling to attract players we desperately need to appoint a manager such as Moyes so players can see just how serious the owner is to succeed in his quest to take us to the premiership.

SL has spent £45 million on the stadium rebuild which oozes far more qualitty than the likes of Cardiff and, reportedly, was prepared to spend several million on big money transfers,

I cannot see why he would then look at a Poundland" manager. A championship level appointment should be the least to be considered if we are to kick on. 

30 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

The way I see it our next appointment will  give some indication as to just how serious Steve Lansdown is about taking is on to the next level.

In my opinion the likes of Appleton, Tisdale and Warnock would definitely be the cheap options.

Sherwood, Pearson and Clark would be excellent appointments but the recruitment of Moyes would send out a clear statement of intent.

In our position where we are struggling to attract players we desperately need to appoint a manager such as Moyes so players can see just how serious the owner is to succeed in his quest to take us to the premiership.

I stopped reading at Sherwood....

3 minutes ago, paulcitymod said:

Neil Warnock previously publicly stated that he hates coming to Ashton Gate/Bristol City.  I think this statement was made around the the Nigels got pushed out before the Hull play-off final.  I'm sure someone with more time than me can find this interview 

Don't worry about Warnock Paul were aiming for bigger and better than that chimp

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Moyes.......hmmmm. 

Should he be approached by City then A) would be interested in dropping back into the Champioship. B) would City be prepared to pay his not too shabby salary?

Why rock back on your heels my friend when you can be on your toes taking it to them.

Dont sit back and settle for second best,  be positive and get at um!

If he turns us down then so be it, but at least tempt the man.

Warnock as an interim would be a sensible option, or basically any championship version of Sam Allerdyce who will give us a good chance of keeping us up and then be able to have a proper recruitment process before the window opens in the summer. If we did then drop, same principal applies just identifying someone for league 1 instead.

Archived