IGNORED

The next appointment will...

Between heaven and hell

2 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

The way I see it our next appointment will  give some indication as to just how serious Steve Lansdown is about taking is on to the next level.

In my opinion the likes of Appleton, Tisdale and Warnock would definitely be the cheap options.

Sherwood, Pearson and Clark would be excellent appointments but the recruitment of Moyes would send out a clear statement of intent.

In our position where we are struggling to attract players we desperately need to appoint a manager such as Moyes so players can see just how serious the owner is to succeed in his quest to take us to the premiership.

I think a clear statement of intent will be when quality players sign.

2 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

No he wouldn't  be mate,  but he would only be a short term fix and not the head turner statement we desperately need.

Big ish name in football. Ideal man to shake this club up. I would back him to keep us up with limited resources , then kick us on to the upper reaches of the championship. 

1 hour ago, paulcitymod said:

Neil Warnock previously publicly stated that he hates coming to Ashton Gate/Bristol City.  I think this statement was made around the the Nigels got pushed out before the Hull play-off final.  I'm sure someone with more time than me can find this interview 

Yep he praised us as well at that time saying we are a 'proper club in a great old school stadium with great fans who create a hostile and noisy atmosphere who make it difficult for away sides...'

He likes us...

Seriously though, surely someone is lined up ready to go, I just can't believe we booted Cotts out with only 2 weeks of the window left without already having the wheels in motion with regards to his immediate replacement 

Please someone tell me that we are now not just starting this process off

Common sense would dictate............ah hang on a sec......... :facepalm: 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep he praised us as well at that time saying we are a 'proper club in a great old school stadium with great fans who create a hostile and noisy atmosphere who make it difficult for away sides...'

He likes us...

Hes also stated publicly his desire to manage us as hes intrigued with us, a city of this size and its always interested him but hes never been asked. 

Probably 4-5 years ago i heard him say this. 

However, Pearson please!

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you 'stuck Sherwood in because he was quoted, that's the only reason' - yet said he would be 'an excellent appointment' ??

Yep that's what's known as a classic contradiction caused by heavy South African 14% red wine. I do apologise my friend Sherwood should be in there and not be an only reason !

1 minute ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Yep that's what's known as a classic contradiction caused by heavy South African 14% red wine. I do apologise my friend Sherwood should be in there and not be an only reason !

You can't beat a dose of heavy red wine! I myself have tickled my tonsils with a Chilean Merlot this evening...

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

After Freddie Sears' ghost goal I seem to recall him being pretty harsh about us, the guy is a ****. He optimises everything I hate about english football, the moaning, the time wasting, the abuse of refs and the boring simplistic style of football.

Hmmmm. Seems just the type of short term appointment that might keep us up this year.

Archived