IGNORED

Please NOT Appleton!!

bcfcmike

For me it would be a step backwards if we appointed Appleton. Never done anything or been able to cope at this level!!

We need an experienced championship proven manager to push us on. The Chairman states the club are aiming to be a premier league club, so for me they have the perfect chance to prove to us fans that it is not just idle talk with this appointment!!

If they go down the cheap unknown option with Appleton as they did with Mcinnes and Odismal, it will prove it is just idle talk.

IMO we need either a pearson or even a Warnock (born winners) type to save us.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

100% agree. I'd seriously give up if Appleton was appointed.  I thought I read somewhere that Mark Ashton said "you'd be surprised who is interested". That doesn't sound like its his mate to me. 

I really do hope your right Jesus!! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

I'm doing everything I can with the big man (Dad) to help sort us out. I didn't clean my room yesterday, so he did threaten me withAppleton's appointment.  

I got a new Dyson ill come round and give you a hand :) 

7 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

If it is Appleton that would be the final straw for me I think.

Yeah totally agree, it would be for me too!! We cant say we havnt experimented with the up and coming unproven managers as we have Mcclueless and Odismal and they were the worst years in recent history of BCFC!!

We need an experienced manager, that will take us forward, and not someone that might be a great manager in league 2 in 4 years :)

Dear 'Board', please leave Michael Appleton alone to continue his work with Oxford this season. Dont rock the ******* boat at the Kassam and possibly help a certain scumbag team in their bid to get promoted. Cheers.

Btw, do any other Viz readers on here think that Michael Appleton bears a slight resemblance to 'Daz' from 'Scum Mothers, Who'd Av Em?' 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, bcfcmike said:

The Chairman states the club are aiming to be a premier league club,

For me this sets the expectation of the caliber of appointment they wish to make.

Anything less than a Premier League experienced manager will for me fall way short of the mark, based on the noises the board are making.  If you state the intent in SC dismal statement then they really need to deliver.

Stevo

6 minutes ago, Eugene Victor Tooms said:

I recall similar topics to this one being posted before Cotterill was appointed.  Whoever gets chosen should get your support.

Not a chance. We as fans have put up with enough of S@@t manager appointments for the last 7 years ( Barr Cotts )

We now need to speak out and tell the board to back up there noises Re Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

This thread bears a remarkable resemblance to the 'Anybody but Cotts' ones a couple of years back. 

I certainly wasn't one that was in the "Anybody but Cotts" camp 2 years ago?? But offer me Cotts right now or Applecart ill pick Cotts everytime!!

Ok Cotts has been sacked, Its now time to go forward, NOT take a HUGE step backwards. Ask a Blackburn or Blackpool fan what they think of Applecart at his level.

I think everybody is getting carried away with Mr Ashton joining from Oxford and his "links" with Appleton .

All directors are always on 3 to 6 month notice period and I don't think Cotts was in trouble in August so I think we can quash the rumours now about an imminent appointment of Appleton which would be a PR and footballing disaster.

Archived