IGNORED

Please NOT Appleton!!

bcfcmike

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not saying i want Appleton because i don't but those stats that were up earlier about the clubs he managed are not fair on the bloke. WBA caretaker for one game .  Pompey , Blackburn, Blackpool were all in meltdown when he managed them. The only stable club is Oxford .  

Which is a league 2 club, totally different fish to a championship club!! We just sacked a EXCELLENT league 1 manager, why would we want to take a step backwards to a league 2 manager ??

1 minute ago, bcfcmike said:

Which is a league 2 club, totally different fish to a championship club!! We just sacked a EXCELLENT league 1 manager, why would we want to take a step backwards to a league 2 manager ??

Like i said , i DON'T want him here. I'm just saying those stats are a bit unfair 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I Won't be going until he's sacked mid next season when looking towards the basement.

Yeah totally agree we would be back at the bottom of league 1, we would have to get Cotts back to get us out of league 1. No I really cant believe our board would be that Daft. And for Mr Ashton surely it would be employment suicide to give his mate a job that he is not up too, when the club will want our money again in a few months for a season ticket renewals ??  

12 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Im pretty confident the board wouldn't be that daft. If they do however appoint him I will let my pants get extra crispy than i will eat them in the centre circle at ashton gate

I believe this would be more entertaining than our current half time routine. 

Agree with all RE no to Appleton. Completely wrong choice of manager for the club to grow and develop. 

If however the board like seeing is in league one for decades then crack on and get him in. 

Utter farse.

37 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Im pretty confident the board wouldn't be that daft. If they do however appoint him I will let my pants get extra crispy than i will eat them in the centre circle at ashton gate

:clapping:hahahahahaha

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, but he took PNE to the Championship play off final and promoted Derby to the Premier League in his first season as Rams' boss, took Forest to the play offs too....

Good record, no?

The guy is a mentalist, read up on how he ended his last spell at Forest. Then come back to me, sacks the entire backroom staff and rows with photographers, no thanks.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The guy is a mentalist, read up on how he ended his last spell at Forest. Then come back to me, sacks the entire backroom staff and rows with photographers, no thanks.

Yep, no other football manager has ever thrown a wobbly fit. Fergie banned journos from his press conferences if he didn't like what they wrote....no one called him a 'mentalist' (interesting word) - Davies has a phenomenal record as a championship manager, I'm more interested in that than spats with people who take photographs...

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not saying i want Appleton because i don't but those stats that were up earlier about the clubs he managed are not fair on the bloke. WBA caretaker for one game .  Pompey , Blackburn, Blackpool were all in meltdown when he managed them. The only stable club is Oxford .  

Nor me.....seem to recall a recently departed manager given no slack for taking on clubs in meltdown.  Just replace a couple of those with Portsmouth and Forest.  :P

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, no other football manager has ever thrown a wobbly fit. Fergie banned journos from his press conferences if he didn't like what they wrote....no one called him a 'mentalist' (interesting word) - Davies has a phenomenal record as a championship manager, I'm more interested in that than spats with people who take photographs...

Wobbly fit is a tad of an understatement. Absolutely no way I want him as our manager.

Davies' second spell proved to be a controversial and damaging one. He sacked long-serving club staff without explanation, shouting at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banning journalists issuing a "near media blackout" and employing his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor.[26][27]

After an eight-game winless run leaving Nottingham Forest one place and two points outside of the play-off positions and having seen his side lose 5-0 to local rivals Derby County on 22 March, he was sacked on 24 March 2014. A statement on Forest's website read "Nottingham Forest Football Club have confirmed the termination of manager Billy Davies' employment.[28][29]

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[30] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[31] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.[32] 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Wobbly fit is a tad of an understatement. Absolutely no way I want him as our manager.

Davies' second spell proved to be a controversial and damaging one. He sacked long-serving club staff without explanation, shouting at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banning journalists issuing a "near media blackout" and employing his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor.[26][27]

After an eight-game winless run leaving Nottingham Forest one place and two points outside of the play-off positions and having seen his side lose 5-0 to local rivals Derby County on 22 March, he was sacked on 24 March 2014. A statement on Forest's website read "Nottingham Forest Football Club have confirmed the termination of manager Billy Davies' employment.[28][29]

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[30] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[31] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.[32] 

Good direct quote from Wiki...how reliable is something that can be edited by anyone?!

Without reading through the whole thread I agree with the op. Appointing Appleton would be a backward step, we now need a proven championship manager with the nouse to get decent players in, keep us up and really kick on next year. Appleton does not inspire nor has the record in the championship to suggest he can keep us up.

Archived